Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cybermonkey said:
I have recently decided to optimize all of my domains at Parked. I've added content, pictures, tags, discriptions, etc. However, all I am getting is hits but no cliks. Is there something I am doing wrong?
Most likely you're experiencing the same thing that plagues me. Your site(s) are found because of the images listed, which are picked up by Google. You'll see great traffic from these, but horrible to non-existent CTR. Example: ToursOfJapan.com - up to 70 uniques/day w.o any advertising, never had arbitrage run on it. traffic is almost solely through the images - CTR is at 4% +/- a few. It's saddening, sickening and disturbing at the same time.
The problem is, the symptoms are apparent ... the cure is???

M.

•••
I have a theory...

It seems that every day I see exactly 1 visit to about 6 of my low traffic domains parked at Parked. No clicks. The next day it is a different 6. No clicks. Next day, same thing.

After seeing this for months and months, my idea is that maybe Parked is crawling my list of Parked domains to validate them or something; or would my registrar be doing it? Any thoughts?

•••
panterrasbox said:
maybe Parked is crawling my list of Parked domains

i really dont believe parked would count that as a vistor

•••
panterrasbox said:
I have a theory...

It seems that every day I see exactly 1 visit to about 6 of my low traffic domains parked at Parked. No clicks. The next day it is a different 6. No clicks. Next day, same thing.

After seeing this for months and months, my idea is that maybe Parked is crawling my list of Parked domains to validate them or something; or would my registrar be doing it? Any thoughts?

A mysterious theory, but i have experienced it before. I've assumed its normal, and i expected it to go up or down overall, but i don't think that has happened yet.

•••
johname said:
i really dont believe parked would count that as a vistor
Right, makes sense. Hmmm. I am just trying to figure out this methodical "testing" (or is it tasting?); like being probed by some alien race preparing to invade the domain industry on Earth :alien:

•••
•••
goodkarmaco & seabass rep added to you both, good read on your long posts.

•••
Does anyone know for sure if the links contained on Parked.com mobi pages link to mobile compliant, or mobi-friendly, websites?

•••
Carlton said:
Does anyone know for sure if the links contained on Parked.com mobi pages link to mobile compliant, or mobi-friendly, websites?

This site ready.mobi might be of use in checking compliancy.

•••
Yes Donny, we hope you bring a good news for us as a parked mania

Donny said:
I will be at the Traffic show next week in Vegas, so I should hopefully get some good answers then.

Donny

•••
Avo19 said:
This site ready.mobi might be of use in checking compliancy.

Handy tool, thanks Avo19........The parking company I'm trying out got a score of 3.

an estimated wifi speed of 1.02 and 3g at 1.46?

•••
whitebark said:
what's the ctr like?

Nothing to brag about............YET! ;)

•••
•••
Yes, speaking of Parked...for the first day after the end of arb it looked like
RPC was going up. Appears that isn't so - after three more days my RPC continues
to drop. Anyone else notice the same thing?

•••
Yes, clicks are on the bottom edge of the usual range :td:

•••
packrat said:
Yes, speaking of Parked...for the first day after the end of arb it looked like
RPC was going up. Appears that isn't so - after three more days my RPC continues
to drop. Anyone else notice the same thing?
I didn't say anything before and was going to wait a few more days to see a real trend, but my RPC has dropped about 30-40% since the end of arb.

I was surprised because a number of people had said that their RPC had gone up. I think it's too early to call it a trend, but at the moment I'd say Im getting the crumbs of peanuts.

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:
I didn't say anything before and was going to wait a few more days to see a real trend, but my RPC has dropped about 30-40% since the end of arb.

I was surprised because a number of people had said that their RPC had gone up. I think it's too early to call it a trend, but at the moment I'd say Im getting the crumbs of peanuts.

GIL :)

I wonder if this is a general trend for companies with a Yahoo feed or if
Parked is somehow being singled out by Yahoo. I don't have any names
anywhere else so I can't compare. Can someone who has names parked
elsewhere comment on this?

•••
I think is a general trend. Other parking company with yahoo feeds same story...

•••
The only thing i can hope for is that Donny is having some success in Las Vegas and kicks some major Yahoo...
Most/Many of my domains are customized, traffic is miserable/non existing and the CTR which used to be in the 90's is now 5% (+/-) and there's absolutely no improvement in $ values.

M.

•••
Mike said:
The only thing i can hope for is that Donny is having some success in Las Vegas and kicks some major Yahoo...
Most/Many of my domains are customized, traffic is miserable/non existing and the CTR which used to be in the 90's is now 5% (+/-) and there's absolutely no improvement in $ values.

M.

Sadly i make more via adsense now since I've returned to blogging again. I did buy 10 type in .com's. Out of the 10 domains 2 are getting type ins. The other 8 i'm going to drop tonight. My CTR is around 30%.

•••
I don't hold out any hope or expectation that Yahoo is going to make any changes back. We're the ones going to have to change, not Yahoo (or Parked).

•••
Mike said:

M.

I agree, something needs to be changed. I had all of my domains parked with Parked since October last year. I was making a few pennies a day, sometimes more and was happy to make at least something. All untill Yahoo canceled "Arbitrage", which I never have used and never even heard of its existence.
Since then, I didn't even make a $1 for all this time.

•••
This morning I've been visiting various PPC forums at places like webmasterworld and others. Advertisers have been *screaming* about not having their ads show up on parked domains (not Parked by name). It's really ramped up since December or so. I guess Yahoo doesn't offer a way for the advertiser to opt out of that portion of the network. Anyway, I'm sure what I saw was only a small portion of the complaints. I don't look for any changes as far as arbitrage coming back any time soon. ** It's time to move on **

•••
...wouldn't it stand to reason that domainers should stand up and scream for arbitrage to come back? Last i heard, we do have a voice as well, although we never utilize it.
I'm not going to dive back into the reasons why arbitrage is a positive marketing tool, for domainers and advertisers alike, i'm just stunned that almost everyone is just taking the changes, turns over and plays dead.
Obviously, advertisers are pushing enough, screaming enough and complaining enough for Yahoo to enforce changes within a short period of time...and we are standing by just letting it happen. It never ceases to amaze me...

M.

(Yes, i'm beyond frustrated with all this...just for the case that i covered it up too well)

•••
The difference between a "parked" page & a page the advertisers wouldn't kick up a fuss about? Content. Allow us to make our parked domains to look more like a regular site. i.e. wrap text around ad block, change ad style etc etc. I've no problem paying a writer $30-50 for a quality article on the niche subject. But I wouldn't be bothered doing so under the current limitations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back