NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thebutler said:
Donny you might want some ammo before going to Traffic to discuss.

Looks like some people are doing arb through Godaddy's parking service. I'm sure other people can spot some easily and maybe post in this thread so Donny can discuss the FACTS...

Donny would know more about the behind scenes "realities" that anyone of us could contribute. IMO there's a lot of smoke 'n mirrors....conduct your negotiation's in private, not on a forum.

•••
No, parked is not the only one,

I reported in this thread a couple weeks ago that Trafficz just contacted all its members and insisted on a strict no arb and made mention that if they are getting the hammer then arb is not liked by the providers and why is everyone in Parked thinking it is ok? . Fab and Bodis does not allow it either.

Maybe it was a little too blatent here?

•••
No need to get all up in arms about this. Companies that can guarantee the quality of their traffic CAN arbitrage both yahoo and google feeds. - take smarter.com, business.com, shopping.com, geosigns.com etc just to start. There is no requirement that there is a level playing field for any given company versus another - much less an individual domainer. Frank and the rest of the top domainers with their own feeds all do some sort of arbitrage too (not even search but other mediums as well). They can do it cause they keep it under the radar, the work constantly with the feed providers to tweak the quality of their traffic. You dont see those guys on forums talking about it cause its something both yahoo and google want to keep in the "gray market" - and have the option of shutting anyone down at any given notice.

it simply spung out of control here a bit in the last 5 month from what I can see - I'm just as bummed out as anyone else . . .

•••
hitchhiker said:
No need to get all up in arms about this. Companies that can guarantee the quality of their traffic CAN arbitrage both yahoo and google feeds. - take smarter.com, business.com, shopping.com, geosigns.com etc just to start. There is no requirement that there is a level playing field for any given company versus another - much less an individual domainer. Frank and the rest of the top domainers with their own feeds all do some sort of arbitrage too (not even search but other mediums as well). They can do it cause they keep it under the radar, the work constantly with the feed providers to tweak the quality of their traffic. You dont see those guys on forums talking about it cause its something both yahoo and google want to keep in the "gray market" - and have the option of shutting anyone down at any given notice.

it simply spung out of control here a bit in the last 5 month from what I can see - I'm just as bummed out as anyone else . . .

This is whats not fair to the everyday domainer. If saying that both google and yahoo allow ppc arbitrage to mainly the bigger players of domain parking and also search engines, where's the level field for the everyday domainer??

Well hopefully someone at yahoo and even google will wakeup one day and see that ppc style traffic to a parked domain is not as evil as some have made it and everone benefits.

The Advertiser (MORE CUSTOMERS)
The parking co's ( Extra Cash)
Google and or Yahoo ( Advertisers Spending Extra's)
Google and Yahoo Stock Holders ( Stocks Go Higher With Extra Cash Coming In)
The Avg Domainer ( Extra Cash From PPC Traffic)
THE ECONOMY (The avg domainer spending all that extra cash) "HAD TO THROW THIS IS THERE"

See arbitrage traffic saves the US economy :hehe:

Yahoo and Google WAKEUP!!!!

•••
domainpark said:
This is whats not fair to the everyday domainer. If saying that both google and yahoo allow ppc arbitrage to mainly the bigger players of domain parking and also search engines, where's the level field for the everyday domainer??
I don't think there would be many to disagree that a level playing field would be nice (including me). However, who says these companies have to create an equal market? I'm sure the large scale domainers would argue that the decision to have arb ignored for their accounts is a commercial business judgement based on volume, relationship value etc.

Don't get me wrong...I see the recent arb developments as a slap in the face to small and medium scale domainers, but complaining about the fairness of the industry is futile IMHO.

regards
Rob

•••
hounddomain said:
I don't think there would be many to disagree that a level playing field would be nice (including me). However, who says these companies have to create an equal market? I'm sure the large scale domainers would argue that the decision to have arb ignored for their accounts is a commercial business judgement based on volume, relationship value etc.

Don't get me wrong...I see the recent arb developments as a slap in the face to small and medium scale domainers, but complaining about the fairness of the industry is futile IMHO.

regards
Rob
Well said!

By screaming about the lack of fairness, you guys are shooting at your own feet!

If you are really good at high quality arb, find a way to join the "privileged" ones, instead of trying to shut them as well!

Just for illustration, I quote from TOS of one of them (XXXXX) accepting parking affiliates.

"Non-Qualifying CT" means click-throughs that result from any or all actions that are: ... (b) low quality (or without quality) in nature or origin according to the sole discretion of XXXXX and/or the Advertiser or an XXXXX Advertisements Partner; (c) not converting or converting at a low or unacceptable rate as determined by XXXXX and/or an XXXXX Advertisements Partner;..."

I see here an open door for high quality arb!

Donny will find his way, and your loud screaming does not help him, IMO!

•••
It seems I keep hearing that the big boys have some kind of advantage.

They may get higher click payouts if they have quality type in traffic, but why do I keep hearing that those big players do arbitrage?.

Its my opinion that if they do any arbitrage its to a developed web site that may be the cream of their crop domains. They do not send sponsored ads to parked pages. Rick S. uses Trafz for a certain amount of his names he parks and I also know for a fact that Traffz does not allow arbitrage for any parked names whether a small player imports them or the domain king himself...

Last edited:
•••
All I know is that from an initial glance, since arb has stopped, my income has taken a jump upwards. I was closing down more often than not before. :)

I never did arb. so my income was not affected.

•••
Seabass said:
All I know is that from an initial glance, since arb has stopped, my income has taken a jump upwards. I was closing down more often than not before. :)

Welcome to the club =)

Gotta love type in traffic, big boys are big boys for a reason,

"Don't be jealous that's a female trait, what are you mad for cause you sell dimes and he pushes weight?" - Jay Z

•••
Seabass said:

lucky...I'm a noob (about 8 months now), so typein's are pretty much history unless I want to take out a loan :)

•••
Seabass said:

Wish I could say the same. Since about a week ago, my traffic has dropped by 80%, and so has CTR. I have no clue why. Did another undersea Internet cable get cut again? (If so, maybe I should report it to Verizon immediately!).

•••
I hand register type in names weekly. The world is evolving. That makes each day a new day for new names.

•••
Type-in Names

goodkarmaco said:
I hand register type in names weekly. The world is evolving. That makes each day a new day for new names.
goodkarmaco,

To clarify for my benefit, would you please define "type-in names". A couple of examples would really help. Do you actually get significant traffic to "type-in names" WITHOUT doing ANY kind of promotion?

I have 49 domains at Parked, of which 22 were in arb. My experience over the past 4 months is that the domains that were not, and now the 22 that are no longer in arb, generally get ZERO traffic.

•••
Artful,

I had names in my beginning years of domaining that were not type ins as I was thinking my brandable names were the way to go.

I am not against brandables as they have a strong resell option. Mostly now I watch trends and look for names that will be type in names. I have so many I want to reg, (really a big book of them), just have to go slow as only so much extra money to register them.

I noticed a few months ago that the U.S. dollar was tanking so I hand registered Iswissdollar.com and was amazed that in Fabulous I started getting traffic the first few days.

Then heard on the news about a highway going thru Texas and that they were planning on placing toll booths along it. I looked up availablity and texastollbooth.com was available. I make $10. on month on it and only owned it for only a couple months. When the highway is fully up and running I will make even more.

Then I notice all the info coming out about energy, so a couple months ago I register energyfromtides.com, bingo.. steady clicks. A couple weeks ago I am researching some stuff on Google and thought, gee it would be a gold mine if any cancer names were avail and found several, testforcancers.net a name only weeks old and has paid for itself already testforcancer.net $1.39 (today) in Fab, (one click).

I also keep my eye out for names that are traffic names that members here have not optimised, as they are too lazy to do a few minutes research. Sometimes all it takes is a few keywords and the clicks to start coming in like clockwork. Many names I have bought for a few bucks on up were not even optimised and were parked somewhere like Sedo with ads that were not targeted for the traffic. For instance I bought dubaidollar.com for a few bucks here and the member had not seen the value in it. I now make consistently $10. to $20. a month on it.

There are just so many new names to be registered that are niche categories. What does it take to come up with names that have traffic? All a person has to do is find a market and capitilize it.

It helps if the name gets alot of traffic, and it has high paying clicks, so you don't want just any names. I think I am more patient than some as I may look a couple years out too. For instance in this country there is a very fast movement to legalizing marijuana. Montel and others are using it for their medical condition and more and more are doing that in states that have legalized it. So two months ago I regged marijuanabyprescription.com. I am getting .30 to .50 cent clicks on it now. What will I get in the future?

So it really comes down to not listening to the domainer who likes to make excuses for his or her parking portfolio and rolling up ones sleeves and doing the only thing that will get names that are traffic names, research!

•••
•••
goodkarmaco said:
Artful,

I had names in my beginning years of domaining that were not type ins as I was thinking my brandable names were the way to go.

I am not against brandables as they have a strong resell option. Mostly now I watch trends and look for ,............................

Simply Amazing. Big Gratz 2 U!!!

•••
Great Info on Type-ins

goodkarmaco,

WOW! That is great information. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide all of that. Rep given.

I guess am just really thick. How are Iswissdollar.com and texastollbooth.com type-ins? What makes them "type-ins"? The fact that they are simply common phrases?

If I type: "I Swiss dollar" or "texas toll booth" into the address box of FireFox, I am brought to a Google search page. If I type them into I.E., I am brought to an MSN search page. Your domains do not appear on those pages. So, how do you get "type-in" traffic?

I really appreciate all your help. Thanks.

•••
if you don't put spaces in the words, they go straight to GK's listings. I know sometimes I couldn't be bothered putting spaces in between words, web addresses don't.

•••
if someone type a word/phrase at google search box and klik the tab "I'm feeling lucky" , is that considered as type-in traffic or search engine traffic?

•••
goodkarmaco,
Thanks for giving us a great insight of how an experienced domainers mind thinks.

I would never have imagined anyone looking for iswissdollar or dubaidollar. The others make sense. Only a great imagination and lots of research will come up with those names.

Have you had domains that you were convinced were gonna be winners but turned out to be flops?

GIL :)

•••
xxfireflyxx said:
if you don't put spaces in the words, they go straight to GK's listings. I know sometimes I couldn't be bothered putting spaces in between words, web addresses don't.
xxfireflyxx,

Well, kind of. If I type "texastollbooth" into FF, I still get a Google search results page, but it DOES have his domain as the first result. If I type it into IE, I get an MSN search results page, but his domain is NOT listed.

Obviously, if I had typed it in with the ".com", I would be brought directly to his domain, but not so much for the ".net". Sol, does a true "type-in" require the ".com" TLD?

So, I still don't quite understand how a "type-in" gets any significant traffic without any kind of promotion or PPC advertising.

•••
Well, from my experience, just as a surfer of the net, I don't use the search feature of the browser, I use the address bar to search if I know what I'm looking for. If I was looking for "cowboys merchandise", I would just type that into the address bar without any spaces.

I guess in GK's case, people are just typing "texastollbooth" into the address bar because that is exactly what they are searching for. Why waste time with endless pages of search results.

Last edited:
•••
On a "lighter note", how do you guys like the new .MOBI templates at PARKED? :)

•••
SDX said:
On a "lighter note", how do you guys like the new .MOBI templates at PARKED? :)

anybody have a sample...I'm on my win phone now (using namepros.mobi).

•••
mrizos said:
anybody have a sample...I'm on my win phone now (using namepros.mobi).

Sure! ...try my THRILLED.MOBI for instance mrizos :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back