Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
John Doe said:
Google allows AdSense + AdWords, if your site is developed. Core of arbitrage issue is proportion between content and advertising. If parking company could provide hosting + automatic and manual website builder and your site would have enough content, there should be no problem with arb. Parking provider should have good duplicate content tracking system. WhyPark + EVO + Parked + a bit more :)

Duplicate Content will kill you. Also, as soon as adsense see's that the referrer tag is an adwords based one they will chop your RPC down to a few pennies.

•••
Seabass said:
Last time I applied for YPN in 2004 with tons of generic, non-offensive domains, with no expired traffic-type domains..... they rejected me.

I've heard many other legit domainers and developers say this too.

These types of decisions are part of why Yahoo is where they are now.

I am not sure that YPN is currently accepting applications, The last i heard, they weren't, that about 3 months ago.

I have had YPN going on three years now, What Yahoo does NOT want, Is another circus, Like Parked had going on, You abuse it, You loose it. Simple as that.

This is the precise reason, I truly believe that by the end of this year, Many parking companies will be more in the private sector, This preventing click fraud, Crap traffic, And inactive accounts.

That is not meant to be an attack statement against Parked.com Donny, But in my opinion, When you open the doors to wide, You are bound to get a lot of problems, Like the Indonesians, That ran big fraud.

Last edited:
•••
Heh, the irony here is that for the last three days, I finished way up, which I hadn't for about a month.

Ah well. Onward and upward.

•••
.X. said:
I am not sure that YPN is currently accepting applications, The last i heard, they weren't, that about 3 months ago.

I just applied for a YPN account - no message that they were not accepting
new accounts, just that they would review my app.

•••
GILSAN said:
At least you have a chance of being accepted in the USA. Outside of those borders Yahoo does'nt know that there's a vast world out there with people, countries and even internet!

They should gather all the Yahoo executives, put them on the next space shuttle and send them to the other planet called "The rest of the World"

GIL :)

I thought Yahoo had been working on that Problem. No?

Pretty slow day today, I guess b/c of VD (not, venereal diseases) :hehe:

•••
I saw the question asked earlier, but never saw an answer; so, I'll inquire for myself...

Are we allowed to link from one of our parked (in parked.com) pages to another? Or is that considered arbitrage and therefore prohibited?

Thanks in advance.

•••
I think Donny said it was ok.

•••
How do you add links?

I see the linking button but it frosts out when clicked.

Sorry if this has already been asked before.

•••
select the text, and then click it? I get a pop-up window that asks for the destination link.

•••
netmeg said:
select the text, and then click it? I get a pop-up window that asks for the destination link.

Thanks netmeg.....that is exactly how it should work, but it did not occur to me to do that after the link button did not open.

rep. added. :)

It would appear that I am beginning to start closing upward now that arbitrage is being eliminated - next week or two should tell how this will play out, or if this is even real upsurge.

Click price has risen somewhat.

•••
packrat said:
I just applied for a YPN account - no message that they were not accepting
new accounts, just that they would review my app.

Last time I looked it said only open to US citizens/businesses and/or websites with proven majority US traffic. Has that changed?

•••
Seabass said:
Pretty slow day today, I guess b/c of VD (not, venereal diseases) :hehe:

My girls kissing sites are doing ok :xf.love:

•••
•••
gwkg said:
My girls kissing sites are doing ok :xf.love:

LOL - You mean girls kissing girls, or just guy/girl ?

I'm seeing some spikes from yesterday and today on some things that surprise me - fruit baskets and ecards.

Fruit basket for your girlfriend? An eCard for your wife? That would not fly with most women. I guess men have never been to good at this anyway. Why not just give her a ring with a clown face on it.

Could it be they just forgot to get something and are desperately searching for a solution?

I never would have thought those would be searched really..... LOL .

•••
A question about links - I understand that we are not allowed to link to parked pages, but what happens when somebody else puts a link to one of your parked pages ? I've just noticed this has happened with one of my domains parked with another parking co.

•••
Google indexed and parked.com

I have one site that is currently ranked number one or two on MSN and Yahoo. I added some unique content and I'm updating it. Decent traffic which converts.

But the big G is kicking me in the nuts (with a frozen Kodiak). I was ranked for about three days (two weeks ago) and now nothing. Might be the dreaded sandbox but I'm wondering if its a parked.com thing.

Dropped .ca domain with some decent backlinks.

Wondering what other people experiences are currently with various domains at parked.

Thanks
db

•••
SDX said:
Mrizos, you'll see things WILL get better again! :tu:

When and how? :)

•••
DnPresident said:
When and how? :)

Beats me...my wife and I pretty depressed. I'm lucky I have 3 jobs (only 1 full time one :) ) that I love, but all that passive income from parked was just amazing.

Domaining/Parking/Monetizing is just my hobby...on to the next way to make some extra $$$$

•••
thebutler said:
I have one site that is currently ranked number one or two on MSN and Yahoo. I added some unique content and I'm updating it. Decent traffic which converts.

But the big G is kicking me in the nuts (with a frozen Kodiak). I was ranked for about three days (two weeks ago) and now nothing. Might be the dreaded sandbox but I'm wondering if its a parked.com thing.

Dropped .ca domain with some decent backlinks.

Wondering what other people experiences are currently with various domains at parked.

Thanks
db

Any and all domains will loose traffic and ranking once parked...Thats the golden rule...with every parking provider

•••
Donny,

Can i get a response regarding the issue I PM'ed you about? I want to give you a chance to work this out before I start informing people of how you guys are doing business. Please reach out to me.

Thanks!

•••
would like to hear this......

•••
steven22 said:
Donny,

Can i get a response regarding the issue I PM'ed you about? I want to give you a chance to work this out before I start informing people of how you guys are doing business. Please reach out to me.

Thanks!

Leave Donny alone . . . people always kiss ass when things are good and pile on when things are bad . . . (look at bodis) . . .

You people will do anything to make an extra $10 a day. Treat people with respect, treat people like you would treat your neighbors. . . face to face.

I would refuse to answer questions from anyone without a track record of contributing to the community here at namepros.

•••
evilopinions said:
Any and all domains will loose traffic and ranking once parked...Thats the golden rule...with every parking provider

Not if you buy generic domains that have never had a website, or just had a generic construction page like Netsol or Godaddy shows when the domain is not being used.

These are about the only domains I will buy.

EDIT: Ooops.... I just read the post closer. I think you meant once removed from an actual site and changed to a parked page. My bad. :)

•••
steven22 - Yes I had responded to both of your PM's on namepros and DNF.

Donny

•••
mrizos said:
Beats me...my wife and I pretty depressed. I'm lucky I have 3 jobs (only 1 full time one :) ) that I love, but all that passive income from parked was just amazing.

Domaining/Parking/Monetizing is just my hobby...on to the next way to make some extra $$$$

Yeah, there are not many things like parking or arbitrage out there where you can earn passive income. The only other things that come to mind offhand are land leases such as farming and hunting leases, property tax liens, stock dividends, savings interest, MLM (once you get it going, but takes cheezeball personality to get it to work). Maybe I am forgetting some?

Why not try the domain flipping game like some folks? I know, I know... it's work. :yell:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back