IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
vbigdeli said:
Donny,Please be honest..I didn't receive such TOS reminder email from HitFarm or NameMedia ....

Thanks.

I know you didn't as I have been told by a few people they haven't either. I've talked to Yahoo about the situation and they were looking into the problem.

As far the the "license" goes, I think this is for people who only have a feed, not a syndication/parking feed. But I could be completely wrong. As I have said in the past Parked itself has never done arbitrage, so I'm not sure of the rules or regulations for the company itself.

Donny

•••
shutting campaigns down...now. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

•••
GILSAN said:
nm? Jason, is that one of those invisible punches you mention?

Peter, what language is ",,,"? or is that some secret code between you and Jason?

GIL :)

:lol:

mrizos said:
shutting campaigns down...now. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Mrizos, you'll see things WILL get better again! :tu:

•••
SDX said:
you'll see things WILL get better again! :tu:

I like your positive attitude SDX.

•••
kemjika11 said:
well it seems more obvious that some people on this thread do arbitrage since there seems to be be some fretting :). I hope you guys are able to adjust and still do well .

Very Very true comment, in life those that adjust survive!

SDX said:
:lol:

Mrizos, you'll see things WILL get better again! :tu:

I agree, don't worry, 2 sides to every coin! Hang in there!

•••
DnPresident said:
Knew I wasn't the only one that knows this, If they didn't allow any arbitrage they probably wouldn't exist.........Names that get true natural type in traffic are few and very very far between and the ones that earn in the hundreds of dollars per month in natural type in traffic are even rarer and then you have the idea of a domain name earning in the thousands of dollars like CellPhones dot com that are probably not interested in parking.

Just looked at CellPhones.com and CellPhone.com.........Had To Laugh!

•••
The missing revenue is going to hurt Parked.com as well as the domainers, it surprises me hat this decision is not heavily rejected. After all, without Parked.com and other aggregation services, Yahoo could send their links to a few YPN publishers, good luck with that...

If there's no change to expect, we'll see a buyer's market coming at us as many domainers will start selling off what can now no longer be monetized.

M.

•••
hydroboi said:
Very Very true comment, in life those that adjust survive!

I agree, don't worry, 2 sides to every coin! Hang in there!

Well....I'm tryin...at this time of the day I was at about 100 USD...now...a whopping 0.47 (yeah....47 cents).

I suppose google won't miss my 150 a day...oh well.

•••
Well, you're at .47 more than I am. But I am trying to look at it this way. Instead of feeling bad that I'm not earning anything, I can feel better that at least I'm not spending anything!

(Ok ok, indulge me)

•••
netmeg said:
Well, you're at .47 more than I am. But I am trying to look at it this way. Instead of feeling bad that I'm not earning anything, I can feel better that at least I'm not spending anything!

(Ok ok, indulge me)

Ehh...true. It was just so nice to make so much passive income. I was really good at arbitrage. I always doubled or tripled my investment.

•••
netmeg said:

(Ok ok, indulge me)
While i totally agree with the general logic of your statement, i'm missing my 300-400% ROI ... I'm at measly $4 today. That's not going to pay for the medication for my high blood pressure that i'll need if this doesn't change!

I guess the options out would be to start building sites, throw YPN ads on them, and continue to arbitrage. Or are they going to complain about that too?!
Donny, you're a pro in this circus that's quickly turning into a fiasco. What's the future going to hold for parking domains? What's parked.com going to do? Is there any course of corrective action in planning?

M.

•••
Mike said:
throw YPN ads on them, and continue to arbitrage

...at least you have YPN.

•••
•••
•••
YPN won't approve me either; they don't like my fireworks site with its 50,000 uniques per day in the summer, because of their rules about not promoting fireworks. Google, on the other hand, was able to figure out that I'm not selling fireworks, but merely pointing people to when and where the 4th of July displays are being held. No wonder Yahoo can't get its act together.

•••
netmeg said:
YPN won't approve me either; they don't like my fireworks site with its 50,000 uniques per day in the summer, because of their rules about not promoting fireworks. Google, on the other hand, was able to figure out that I'm not selling fireworks, but merely pointing people to when and where the 4th of July displays are being held. No wonder Yahoo can't get its act together.

Last time I applied for YPN in 2004 with tons of generic, non-offensive domains, with no expired traffic-type domains..... they rejected me.

I've heard many other legit domainers and developers say this too.

These types of decisions are part of why Yahoo is where they are now.

•••
no more $$$ :'( :'( :'(

now i have more time to spend with my wife :loveyou: ..... on second thought its a bad idea.

•••
Seabass said:
Last time I applied for YPN in 2004 with tons of generic, non-offensive domains, with no expired traffic-type domains..... they rejected me.

I've heard many other legit domainers and developers say this too.

These types of decisions are part of why Yahoo is where they are now.
At least you have a chance of being accepted in the USA. Outside of those borders Yahoo does'nt know that there's a vast world out there with people, countries and even internet!

They should gather all the Yahoo executives, put them on the next space shuttle and send them to the other planet called "The rest of the World"

GIL :)

•••
urir123 said:
no more $$$ :'( :'( :'(

now i have more time to spend with my wife :loveyou: ..... on second thought its a bad idea.

lol :yell: repped :)

•••
Interesting to see the fallout from this decision - from $100 down to 47 cents ! (not me) that is one hell of a hit - I still think the way to go is for parking cos. to offer templates that look more like professionally-designed webpages with truly customizable content - I can write content no problem but coming up with a webpage is beyond me

•••
advaita said:
to offer templates that look more like professionally-designed webpages with truly customizable content - I can write content no problem but coming up with a webpage is beyond me
I absolutely agree with that. However, at the same time; to this day i have to get Google to index one of my sites at parked.com. I worked my way around by using images which were indexed by Google, but it seems that custom content, no matter how original, doesn't matter to Google. As soon as they detect a site being parked, they purge it from the system or don't index it in the first place.
This perception may be incorrect, but since none of my sites is indexed, it's the only logical conclusion.

M.

•••
advaita said:
Interesting to see the fallout from this decision - from $100 down to 47 cents ! (not me) that is one hell of a hit - I still think the way to go is for parking cos. to offer templates that look more like professionally-designed webpages with truly customizable content - I can write content no problem but coming up with a webpage is beyond me

Still no matter how much content is on a parked site google and now yahoo are saying we:

"DO NOT ALLOW PPC/ARBITRAGE TRAFFIC WHATSOEVER" to a parked domain.

Its allowed in other aspects of the ppc industry just not the domain industry.!!!

Last edited:
•••
Google allows AdSense + AdWords, if your site is developed. Core of arbitrage issue is proportion between content and advertising. If parking company could provide hosting + automatic and manual website builder and your site would have enough content, there should be no problem with arb. Parking provider should have good duplicate content tracking system. WhyPark + EVO + Parked + a bit more :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back