NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rickkumar said:
Thanks Netmeg.

Appreciate your helpful response.

A lot to learn I guess

:)

Have no clue what are you talking about
:)

Please explain.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Can you delete an existing campaign in goog, and then re-setup the same campaign from scratch again using the same domain-name (this time following above tips such as more focused and smaller ag-groups etc)? Or Should I not attempt it it using same domain again?

DKI = Dynamic Keyword Insertion.

With Google (& MSN) arbi, bear in mind that they do not like it. Google considers a parked page very low quality content & as soon as the algo twigs to what it is, you will generally be slapped. Adding content can help, but it's the luck of the draw with Google. If it's human reviewed you will be slapped even quicker. So always consider the SN (Search Network) traffic a bonus, but rely on the CN for your bread & butter, as the QS doesn't come into play on the CN.

What Google will do on the CN, if they do decide to penalize you, is cut your traffic. It will either die to a trickle, or just come to a full stop. If that's the case, just move onto a new domain & don't bother trying to revive the old domain, as 99.99% of the time it's a wasted effort.

Don't bring Google's attention to your account in anyway, if it's predominately arbi, as they may look more closely at it and decide to slap ALL your campaigns or worse, tell you to take your business elsewhere. This has happened.

•••
GILSAN said:
So have I, especially Varon, Netmeg and Donny and still need to read more! I also go back every now and then and re-read them over again.
As you can see the info is right here on your doorstep!

GIL :)

I have done the same. If the rep system would allow me to keep repping them for all the great posts, their rep points would be off the charts!!

You can't put a price on the valuable information they provide on a DAILY basis.

I setup Word documents with their names. I copy/paste many of their posts into the appropriate document. That way I can always reference this information quickly.

Last edited:
•••
Varon said:
Gil, I hope the Portuguese carnival went off well. :)
It went well except for rain towards the end of the parade. Still, I managed to film it all even though I got soaking wet. In 25 years of filming the Carnival Parade this was the first time we got rain!

All those half-naked beautiful women look even better when it rains. It´s a tough job, but someone has to do it!

I am now editing the video while peeking into NamePros regularly. Just can't live without NamePros any more!

GIL :)

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:
Yes. Rename your campaign and ad groups, though.

DKI is dynamic keyword insertion. That's where you can insert the keyword right into the ad, and it will show up if the searcher types it in (and if it fits in the ad)

For example - say I have two keywords in my ad group:

Navy Blue Widgets
Low Cost Light Blue Widgets

I want to use DKI, so I would set up the first line of my ad to look like this:

Order {KeyWord:Blue Widgets} Online

so, if someone came along and typed "navy blue widgets" into Google, the top line of that ad would read:

Order Navy Blue Widgets Online - with the navy blue widgets part in bold.

However, if someone did a search for "low cost light blue widgets" - that wouldn't fit; Google restricts us to 25 chars. So as an alternate, it would show the term you specified after the colon in the string:

Order Blue Widgets Online

It's a way to dynamically put your keywords right into the ad, and it can be very useful - specially if you have a lot of keywords. But there's some caveats. If your keywords aren't *very* tightly focused and grouped into ad groups, DKI will tank your Quality Score. I use it for some clients who have several thousand part numbers, and in some cases, I just have to run it with an OK or POOR quality score, because Google's algorithm hasn't figured out a good way to deal with search strings like 112-30393-XX as yet.

And because you can't put TM names into ads, if any of your keywords have TM words in them, those won't show - it'll automatically show your alternate text.

Thank you Netmeg. Another good lesson for me without reading books :)

Ok I am in google keywords trying to set the following :

------------------------------------------------------------------------
keyword = broad match, "keyword" = match exact phrase,
[keyword] = match exact term only, -keyword = don't match this term
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there an easy way to do that in the google system.....I can't find it anywhere in AdWords so far.

Or Do I need just manually type all those " ", brackets, etc Or use excel to do that and then paste the list in to AdWords?

Thanks.

•••
i have seen some parked.com pages having custom content at the bottom of the layout, does that help in anyway? actually, why is that done? for search engines?

•••
I still don't know whether Google/MSN is indexing custom content on pages held at parked.com.
To this day, i have to see my main money making domains being listed in Google.

Netmeg, as always incredibly useful information! Rep coming.

M.

•••
rickkumar said:
Is there an easy way to do that in the google system.....I can't find it anywhere in AdWords so far.

Or Do I need just manually type all those " ", brackets, etc Or use excel to do that and then paste the list in to AdWords?
Tools > Download AdWords editor ;)

•••
Mike said:
I still don't know whether Google/MSN is indexing custom content on pages held at parked.com.
To this day, i have to see my main money making domains being listed in Google.

Netmeg, as always incredibly useful information! Rep coming.

M.

I've domains indexed by Google/Yahoo/MSN. Use the "site:" command to check.
Ranking for the term is another matter...

•••
You're welcome.

ABSOLUTELY use the AdWords Editor! It's invaluable! I wish Yahoo and MSN had something similar, and until they do, the big boys will never play well there.

The AdWords Editor isn't perfect, but I can do in minutes what takes me hours in MSN or Yahoo's console.

•••
Thanks Netmeg and John Doe.

You guys are awesome.

Rep added to John Doe. System won't let me add rep points to Netmeg.

•••
Please create another thread for adwords!

•••
vbigdeli said:
Please create another thread for adwords!

How about another thread for arbitage in general?

•••
•••
Is'nt the game over yet? What's the score?

GIL

•••
GILSAN said:
Is'nt the game over yet? What's the score?

GIL

giants won

•••
The Giants won. I wouldn't have bet 2 cents on the Giants winning. A pretty good game.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
The Giants won. I wouldn't have bet 2 cents on the Giants winning. A pretty good game.

Donny

A friend of mine put $100 on the giants at $6.20.....nice day for him

•••
hell yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Giants take it!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend bet 100g's on the giants!!!!!!!!!! :sold:

•••
OK,

Back OT.

GiantsUpset, Giantsunfcknblvle, NYGiants2008. .com all gone right? Globalise and monetize. The Giants win will be dead news within 48 hours, as far as serious (xx,xxx) money goes, so the domain rush for the Giants upset is on. Obviously, if you can't get your domain regged, DNSed and propagated at least to the appropriate markets (i.e USA / Canada) within 72 hours... well, it's not worth it.

I'm handling about 10 mini-domain/sites in the last 40 minutes relating to the Giants win and am wondering if Parked.com can handle quick-moving situations like this. Handle = provide good revenue opportunities.

:) Rob

•••
RTM said:
OK,

Back OT.

GiantsUpset, Giantsunfcknblvle, NYGiants2008. .com all gone right? Globalise and monetize. The Giants win will be dead news within 48 hours, as far as serious (xx,xxx) money goes, so the domain rush for the Giants upset is on. Obviously, if you can't get your domain regged, DNSed and propagated at least to the appropriate markets (i.e USA / Canada) within 72 hours... well, it's not worth it.

I'm handling about 10 mini-domain/sites in the last 40 minutes relating to the Giants win and am wondering if Parked.com can handle quick-moving situations like this. Handle = provide good revenue opportunities.

:) Rob

wow man...dedication :P

•••
packrat said:
How about another thread for arbitage in general?

Agree with that one.

•••
where is the arbitrage thread?..:)

•••
tonyfloyd said:

Ive put in a request for discussion through the Moderators forum. We'll see what Staff and others think. (i'll update if I know more)

Justin

•••
tonyfloyd said:

http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/427559-arbitrage.html

Tonyfloyd - Reagrding previous posts you have made about RPC tanking I see the
same thing. If RPC isn't going down and Parked estimates are based on historical
RPC for domains why are the finalized numbers usually down 10-15% from the
estimates?

I think parked should base it's estimates on finalized stats for the previous day or
perhaps final week. That way finalized numbers wouldn't be such a shock :)

I have one domain which was doing really well since I added it in Dec. Average RPC
from Dec 13 to Jan 27 was .43. Since January 28 RPC average has been .25. I really
don't expect that domaiin to rebound to previous RPC. I have others with similar
drop in RPC.

Running arbitrage now equates to spending $2.00 to net $1.00.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back