NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mike said:
Earth to traffic -- Earth to traffic -- anybody there?!

40% of the usual traffic at this time of day and horrible CTR/RPC values.

Everytime i thought that i finally figured it out, there's another curve ball thats coming without any reason. :alien:

M.

Gonna be a bad weekend methinks. RPC was cut 0.03 yesterday over
966 clicks. Ouch!

Superbowl??

•••
Mike said:

Everytime i thought that i finally figured it out, there's another curve ball thats coming without any reason. :alien:

M.

Super Bowl weekend is probably why your traffic is down, unless you have football, drinking and party-type domains to counterbalance your other reg. domains :)

•••
Mike said:

M.

I'm about the same. Really awful day. I'll be lucky if I make 40% of my usual Saturday traffic (and that's figuring in that Saturdays are frequently my slowest or next-to-slowest days)

•••
netmeg said:
I'm about the same. Really awful day. I'll be lucky if I make 40% of my usual Saturday traffic (and that's figuring in that Saturdays are frequently my slowest or next-to-slowest days)
This is all your fault Netmeg! I mean just a few days back did'nt you say "Shame on you. NOTHING is more important than football." Well, now we are seeing the results. Lets see what cooks on monday.

I think the best thing I could do is go to a Carnival party and dance the Samba all night long!

GIL :)

•••
I'm having a good day actually, traffic wise :) Let's hope that's reflected in the final stats tomorrow.

•••
Overall the traffic looks normal for a Saturday right now. We have an hour by hour chart and it's been within 2-3% up or down all day compared to last Saturday.

Tomorrow will suck, so just be prepared, unless you have a misspelling of one of the .com advertisers. :)

And please don't go buy any fischer's nuts domains, they will sue your ass.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
And please don't go buy any fischer's nuts domains, they will sue your ass.

Donny
Better than getting your nuts sued. :hehe:

•••
I think I will give up trying to figure this thing out. Dropped by to see how things are going and damn near fell outa my chair as yesterday adjusted UP-UP-UP. Name which has been getting 6-10 cents or so clicks adjusted to 23 cents and a name which had been paying anything from 10-50 cents and had no clicks showing no clicks before adjustment showed now shows 1 for 96 cents. Damn thing makes no sense. Just go with the flood/drought cycles abd be surprised every day.

•••
I'm having a fairly strong Saturday - especially considering the weekend.

By buying holiday, party, alcohol, and certain foreign domains I have offset down days like Super Bowl, Christmas, etc.... This is something I have been working on for a long time and it appears to be paying off as I don't see really down days anymore on these holidays/events.

I am still lower on these days but just not crushed like before.

•••
CRUSHED...with a capital C!!!.......All i know is that my adwords keywords are not costing me any less!!!...but my rev is going way down......how to explain this??...RPC keeps going down........So....it's the economy.....TQ.....MSFT buying YHOO......the Super Bowl.....what is it????

•••
Seabass said:
I'm having a fairly strong Saturday - especially considering the weekend.

By buying holiday, party, alcohol, and certain foreign domains I have offset down days like Super Bowl, Christmas, etc.... This is something I have been working on for a long time and it appears to be paying off as I don't see really down days anymore on these holidays/events.

I am still lower on these days but just not crushed like before.
That was a pretty wise move, getting certain domains for certain rainy days.

Today started off well but in the afternoon just slowed down to a snails pace.
It's like watching paint dry!

Last edited:
•••
Donny - parked.com needs to add some image hotlinking protection. I've found at least one of my custom images is being hotlinked on a myspace page.

Thanks!

•••
Hi,

Does anyone know when the stats for each day in Parked finalise? And how do you know they have finalised?

regards
Rob

•••
hounddomain

next to the date, you will find a *

that means its not finalized yet...

any date without the *, then its finalized

•••
The stats finalise when Parked get their stats from the feed providers. This varies, but is usually at or after 1430hrs EST. Sometimes though there can be several hours delay.

You know when the stats have been finalised because the little asterix beside the date in 'Dashboard view' goes away. If it is still there then the results have not yet been finalised.

Hope that helps

•••
•••
Donny - i've sent you a few e-mails but haven't had any response. Could you please send me a PM as the standard route of communication doesn't seem to be working.
Thanks...

•••
can someone explain this to me:

whenever I try to enter a 2-3 keyword phrase,the "parked" system will only pick ONE word but not the whole term. Just examples: "seattle apartment" "india jewelry" "information security" etc.... the system would pick just the second letter and ignore the first one.
how do you make it consider the whole phrase?

•••
Even though I live in Michigan I am rooting for the giants. Go giants!

New England won enough. Even though bradey went to u of m he has won enough. Besides he has the championships and his hot girlfriend and sued GM lol.

My uniques are ugly past few days. Haven't done much work with account recently. Back to changing things around I guess.

Tweaking my names with couple other parking companies around. Add some, delete some. Wish I had more time in the day.

Hang in there everyone.

Cheers and be safe. Call a cab if need be!

J

•••
shoval

sometimes it picks up the complete term...i noticed sometimes also only 1 keyword...

•••
shoval said:
can someone explain this to me:

whenever I try to enter a 2-3 keyword phrase,the "parked" system will only pick ONE word but not the whole term. Just examples: "seattle apartment" "india jewelry" "information security" etc.... the system would pick just the second letter and ignore the first one.
how do you make it consider the whole phrase?
Their system picks up only one word. Actually there is no way to optimize properly for "india jewelry" or "seattle apartment" - master keyword will be either "seattle" or "apartment". Perhaps "seattle" will give you more appropriate links. Try to use "Seattle" as main keyword and "seattle apartment" in title + description. You need to play with some combinations to find out which of them gives you best content.

•••
try "Video Games", it will optimize it for both words...

im telling you...

popular two word terms can be properly optimized

•••
Out of curiosity what time is the big game?. Does half the US come to a halt? Seems like the Patriots are favorites. In that case I'll root for the underdogs Giants, like jeffoverman.

•••
I'm going for the underdogs as well

my friend told me the odds on Giants are like something 1 to 54

is that true? if its true, i'll put down $1,000 on Giants ...

--------------------

One more thing...

Are the stats finalized for Feb 2nd? The * was not showing for the 2nd, but now i see it again....

•••
HiSoC8Y said:
One more thing...

Are the stats finalized for Feb 2nd? The * was not showing for the 2nd, but now i see it again....

Mine are not finalized yet. I think it's too early for that. you'll have to wait another 5-7 hours to get finalized stats.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back