IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone have any advice for a keyword that will give me a one page lander for a web hosting domain? I have tried several but everything seems to be two page. Any help is appreciated.

•••
Is it the keyword that determines that, or the domain name? I kind of thought it was the domain name, but I don't know for sure.

•••
well my uniques went back up yesterday....but my RPC went in the toilet lost money for the first time .....just one day. I hope it was a fluke.

•••
Netmeg, I wasnt sure, I have heard both. Any clarification from someone would be great.

•••
You can change a keyword 500 times on a domain and that won't make it go to a 1 click domain. Sorry. :)

Donny

•••
I think Parked.com and or my domains were feeling the Christmas spirit; i had my strongest day ever yesterday. Highest $ value after finalized stats! I certainly didn't expect that for the holidays. If i could continue like that, i'd be a happy camper :)

Donny, hope you feel better after your pre-holidays ER visit.

IB

•••
IntelBank said:
I think Parked.com and or my domains were feeling the Christmas spirit; i had my strongest day ever yesterday. Highest $ value after finalized stats! I certainly didn't expect that for the holidays. If i could continue like that, i'd be a happy camper :)

Donny, hope you feel better after your pre-holidays ER visit.

IB
Lucky YOU!
Mine shows opposite :(

•••
christmas day was my best day, revenue almost doubled

•••
Thx Donny. Thats what i needed to know.

•••
mindless said:
Anyone have any advice for a keyword that will give me a one page lander for a web hosting domain? I have tried several but everything seems to be two page. Any help is appreciated.

Some of my highest ctr domains are two page ones so don't worry too much about it. Just be sure to have the right keywords for when people do get to the ad page.

Brianwa said:
I have 10 domains at parked.com

What am I allowed to put in the custom content area?

You can put text content, video, pictures - even affiliate ads! Just try to target your content to that specific domain name though. The search engines are finding the content and indexing it, so on topic original text will serve you best.

•••
whitebark said:
even affiliate ads! Just try to target your content to that specific domain name though. The search engines are finding the content and indexing it, so on topic original text will serve you best.

wow...i can't believe you can add affiliate links? What does parked get from that???

•••
Thx Whitebark, funny enough what i was going to do was compare CTR between one page and two page with a specific topic. Your experience/comment helps. Thanks.

Gotta say, the parked.com thread has to be the most responsive/helpful thread these days. Everyone is quick to help!!!!!

•••
mindless said:
Thx Whitebark, funny enough what i was going to do was compare CTR between one page and two page with a specific topic. Your experience/comment helps. Thanks.

Gotta say, the parked.com thread has to be the most responsive/helpful thread these days. Everyone is quick to help!!!!!
It really seems to depend on multiple factors for me.

example 1; Aviation domain. 2 click lander. stock (parked.com) pictures. minimal custom content. youtube video added. CTR consistently 70%+

example 1a; Aviation domain. 2 click lander. stock (parked.com) images. minimal content. CTR 162% BUT hardly any traffic. Which makes this domain actually a lot less desirable than example 1.

example 2; Travel domain. 2 click lander. heavy custom content. high natural/organic traffic, CTR 5.26%

It's really hard to say what influences user behavior. Heat map or site layover would help, as well as user tracking regardless of CTR. This would open the chance to see what users are doing and where they gravitate to.

With example 1 i seem to have hit the "nail on its head". With example 1a, i simply tried to replicate what i've done for example 1. What looks like success in regards to the CTR % is actually no success since the visitors numbers are extremely low. The next step is to add heavy custom content to 1a and see whether the same momentum as with example 2 kicks in.

Example 2 would almost be a good example regarding "how to get traffic". The domain just recently got indexed by Google, but it hasn't done anything for my traffic, if the traffic data is indeed correct. In other words, the traffic to this domain comes "out of the blue", with the repercussion that my CTR is only 5%... Next step? Eventually reducing or removing the content...in a few weeks....if i don't see any improvements.

What's the bottom line? Trial and Error. Park your domains, customize them with the available images and templates through parked.com. If you're not seeing numbers that satisfy you, start changing things around.
- custom visuals
- change tags/descriptions
- add custom content
- get inventive/creative
- read Netmeg and Varon ;)

just my .2 €

IB

•••
IntelBank said:
It really seems to depend on multiple factors for me.

example 1; Aviation domain. 2 click lander. stock (parked.com) pictures. minimal custom content. youtube video added. CTR consistently 70%+

example 1a; Aviation domain. 2 click lander. stock (parked.com) images. minimal content. CTR 162% BUT hardly any traffic. Which makes this domain actually a lot less desirable than example 1.

example 2; Travel domain. 2 click lander. heavy custom content. high natural/organic traffic, CTR 5.26%

It's really hard to say what influences user behavior. Heat map or site layover would help, as well as user tracking regardless of CTR. This would open the chance to see what users are doing and where they gravitate to.

With example 1 i seem to have hit the "nail on its head". With example 1a, i simply tried to replicate what i've done for example 1. What looks like success in regards to the CTR % is actually no success since the visitors numbers are extremely low. The next step is to add heavy custom content to 1a and see whether the same momentum as with example 2 kicks in.

Example 2 would almost be a good example regarding "how to get traffic". The domain just recently got indexed by Google, but it hasn't done anything for my traffic, if the traffic data is indeed correct. In other words, the traffic to this domain comes "out of the blue", with the repercussion that my CTR is only 5%... Next step? Eventually reducing or removing the content...in a few weeks....if i don't see any improvements.

What's the bottom line? Trial and Error. Park your domains, customize them with the available images and templates through parked.com. If you're not seeing numbers that satisfy you, start changing things around.
- custom visuals
- change tags/descriptions
- add custom content
- get inventive/creative
- read Netmeg and Varon ;)

just my .2 €

IB

Hey Mike, you mention examples but I don't see them anywhere, unless offcourse my vision is blurred from the excesses of the Xmas Holidays. :santa: Which one is it?

Thanks

GIL :)

•••
GILSAN said:
Hey Mike, you mention examples but I don't see them anywhere, unless offcourse my vision is blurred from the excesses of the Xmas Holidays. :santa: Which one is it?

Thanks

GIL :)

he lists them i.e. example 1, example 1a etc. They're not links to domains :)

•••
Avo19 said:
he lists them i.e. example 1, example 1a etc. They're not links to domains :)

I thought Mike may have forgotten to put up the links.:red:

GIL : :)

•••
Just to toss in my $0.02 worth here. If I'm looking to reg a domain I always add
it to my test portfolio at Parked first and then check to see what links certain
keywords will give me. If the links are not extremely relevant then I know CTR
will be bad so I don't register the domain.

Most of mine are .ca domains so I don't get heavy traffic which means I have to keep my CTR high. CTR for my domains ranges from 60 to 85%.

•••
Mine parking domains show bad result, while my affiliate sites are excellent during the holiday

•••
Adding custom content???

I'm slowing moving my domains over to parked. So I want to improve my performance with a few of them and add some custom content.

I select edit domain and I'm on the page with the keywords, templates etc.

On the bottom left it says custom content (below title tag) but I can't click on anything to add the content.

Am I missing one simple step???

Thanks
db

•••
thebutler said:
I'm slowing moving my domains over to parked. So I want to improve my performance with a few of them and add some custom content.

I select edit domain and I'm on the page with the keywords, templates etc.

On the bottom left it says custom content (below title tag) but I can't click on anything to add the content.

Am I missing one simple step???

Thanks
db
Look to your right of "custom content".
You'll see square icon.
Just click that ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Much thanks

copper said:
Look to your right of "custom content".
You'll see square icon.
Just click that ;)

Cooper thanks for that. It was one small thing but it was driving me nuts. Time to write some 7-8% per cent keyword content.

Rep added.

•••
thebutler said:
Cooper thanks for that. I was one small thing but it was driving me nuts. Time to write some 7-8% per cent keyword content.

Rep added.
Glad to help ;)

•••
Can I add Google Analytics to a Parked page? The custom content editor eats up the JavaScript code.

•••
GILSAN said:
I thought Mike may have forgotten to put up the links.:red:

GIL : :)
Indeed, i didn't put up any links. The last few days have been exceptional, i'm trying to keep the clicks and stats in a way that they're not diluted with me linking through NP.
If anyone would like to see the examples that i mentioned, please PM me so i have any idea how many visitors to subtract from my stats to retain a halfway accurate picture.

IB

•••
MaxS said:
Can I add Google Analytics to a Parked page? The custom content editor eats up the JavaScript code.

A way around this is if you have your own server and access to the stats:
use your own 1x1 transparent gif and track visitors from that. No javascript needed!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back