Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually when things hang like the were that's because we are finalizing the stats.

Donny

•••
mine just did and caught up as well

was happy with the way mine closed

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Has it helped at all for your CTR or traffic? Has the domain performed better at Parked after you added the content?

FYI: After spending about 20 hours customizing 20 domains, CTR and traffic were down considerably for those domains. I have no idea why, most likely due to my lack of SEO skills. :)

•••
Donnt TODAYS stats was showing 658 clicks then next update went DOWN to 621 clicks what would cause this?

•••
guttermuth said:
Donnt TODAYS stats was showing 658 clicks then next update went DOWN to 621 clicks what would cause this?

It is simply a matter of Parked's advertising partners deciding that 37 of your 658 clicks were fraudulent in some way (either from bad clicks or from clicks that never happened in the first place, or something like that.)

•••
to : Donny
I wish to enquire criterion what you searching to your program if someone have joint in your program and refuse whether may to joint again ,need time how long?
thank you for your information.

regards,
sonny

•••
Has anybody else experienced a big drop in RPC since last week?
I am having at least 50% drop on all my domains. Is that normal?

MicroGuy said:
FYI: After spending about 20 hours customizing 20 domains, CTR and traffic were down considerably for those domains. I have no idea why, most likely due to my lack of SEO skills. :)
Just give more time to search engines to crawl your sites. I had one site at position #1 on Sep but had completely disappeared just after taking it to Parked. After a couple of weeks it has regained it's ranking.

Last edited:
•••
is it possible to get accepted with 13 domains ?

•••
MicroGuy said:

Parking companies usually choose the default templates because on average they provide the highest ctr, think about it.

•••
Sleepys said:
It is simply a matter of Parked's advertising partners deciding that 37 of your 658 clicks were fraudulent in some way (either from bad clicks or from clicks that never happened in the first place, or something like that.)

shouldnt that happen today when the numbers settle out?

•••
likepeas said:
is it possible to get accepted with 13 domains ?

you only need 10 domains to open a Parked account.

•••
How often do you update your parked pages (content etc.)? I'm not sure how much time I should devote to going back and tweaking pages once I have optimized them.

•••
Is Webcounter.com another example of an iframe using Parked 1 click lander? It looks very similar to me.

•••
scrsteven said:
Is Webcounter.com another example of an iframe using Parked 1 click lander? It looks very similar to me.
It's a 2 click lander from the UK. PR7 wow

•••
deannam said:
How often do you update your parked pages (content etc.)? I'm not sure how much time I should devote to going back and tweaking pages once I have optimized them.

Good question - I let them go for about a month after tweaking them to test the results - if they did better I leave them. If they didn't do better or uh oh, got worse, I change them. Keep plugging away till you find what really works, but you have to give it at least a month to know for sure.

And what about those changes Donny? I never seen you so quiet about such matters.... you've got something up your sleeve like a major update don't you?
:hehe:

•••
Has anybody else experienced a big drop in RPC since last week?
I am having at least 50% drop on all my domains. Is that normal?

•••
Donny, think i'm right in saying you don't do any .mobi parking pages?
Any idea when you will?
cheers
arn :)

•••
Whitebark - what does really work ? Do you think it's a question of having good names to start with or can you turn an average name (particularly a non dotcom) into something getting good visitor numbers and clicks by changing keywords. And how many keywords do you need ?

•••
I have a .mobi at parked with traffic and $$$

•••
.mobi is on our list to add, we were close to launching it then we decided to move those resources to something else for the time being. It will be available at some time, but it's not a high priority as there really isn't much money it .mobi domains except for the speculation.

Whitebark - Yes we do have something up our sleeve that should be available sometime in January, hopefully. Maybe. :) I haven't forgotten about your other requests, it's just been a busy last few days.

Just an update on one of the things we have been working on recently. Yesterday we added another 10 webservers to speed a few things on the surfers side, these are the first dual proc quad core webservers that we have added into the system. We have moved about 20% of the normal traffic to these machines and they seem to be doing quite well. Over the next week or so we may move additional traffic to these new servers. No downtime was involved with this addition.

We have 2 new DB boxes that we will be adding in to the mix in a few weeks, but this will involve some downtime on Parked.com but your domains will work fine during this time. I will make an annoucement with a date and a timeframe for us to add these new servers in.

Oh well, back to work.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
.mobi is on our list to add, we were close to launching it then we decided to move those resources to something else for the time being. It will be available at some time, but it's not a high priority as there really isn't much money it .mobi domains except for the speculation.

Whitebark - Yes we do have something up our sleeve that should be available sometime in January, hopefully. Maybe. :) I haven't forgotten about your other requests, it's just been a busy last few days.

Just an update on one of the things we have been working on recently. Yesterday we added another 10 webservers to speed a few things on the surfers side, these are the first dual proc quad core webservers that we have added into the system. We have moved about 20% of the normal traffic to these machines and they seem to be doing quite well. Over the next week or so we may move additional traffic to these new servers. No downtime was involved with this addition.

We have 2 new DB boxes that we will be adding in to the mix in a few weeks, but this will involve some downtime on Parked.com but your domains will work fine during this time. I will make an annoucement with a date and a timeframe for us to add these new servers in.

Oh well, back to work.

Donny

I hate the fact that parked login system is really slow..In office it is usually 40 seconds to dashboard (due to firewall maybe) and at home it is usually 20 seconds...Given the fact that I am on cable network with one of the fastest operators (I can download torrents at 3 mb/sec)...

Of course great work by adding new servers...My parked sites however load lightening quick...

•••
Great job as always Donny :tu:

+Rep

evilopinions - i also suffer this. Who is your service provider? (i'm also in melbourne)

•••
James said:
Great job as always Donny :tu:

+Rep

evilopinions - i also suffer this. Who is your service provider? (i'm also in melbourne)

At Home it is OPTUS cable, and a seperate line from BIGPOND as well...

Optus is usually fast so I use it...In Uni , it is Bigpond and even there load time is slow...At work it is a common provider for the full Asia Pacific

•••
Optus is really slow where i am and i usually get 85% signal on 20mb cable, I still get a really slow delay when i login to the parked dashboard, I think it doesn't help i'm on opera atm either.

•••
evilopinions - When I login to your account it takes 0.2 seconds to login. And since James has similiar problems, I think we can blame it on Canada. I mean Australia. :)

I did just try it on IE and Firefox and they both were fast. I know somebody who works on Opera so I won't ever install it on one of my machines, so I can't test that browser.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back