NameSilo

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
evilopinions said:
The problem ther I understand is simple money conversion to $.

An advertiser from Us may just be paying 2 bucks for a click from US but an indian advertiser may be paying as high as 70 INR which is a lot of money for one click . Conversion of INR to USD still results into less than 2 $.So we get paid less.
I suppose that`s somewhat related to advertising spendings per capita. Last year GDP per capita in India was $3 800 compared to $43 800 U.S, didn`t find ad spendings at moment, but difference there may be even bigger. That way expensive keyword for India means 2 cents for U.S.

•••
From an earlier post:
Donny - is it possible to have more control over the file names given to the images we use on custom templates? Right now it seems to just pull the domain name and attach the file size to jpg's file name. For obvious reasons it would be preferable to have whistler_british_columbia.jpg than whistlerbritishcolumbia_250x251.jpg.

And any news on the individual domain favicons? I would much rather have the above all things considered equal.

Thanks

•••
Donny,

Before I start writing content on the landing pages, is it possible to forward a domain url address to another parked name?

•••
whitebark said:
From an earlier post:
Donny - is it possible to have more control over the file names given to the images we use on custom templates? Right now it seems to just pull the domain name and attach the file size to jpg's file name. For obvious reasons it would be preferable to have whistler_british_columbia.jpg than whistlerbritishcolumbia_250x251.jpg.

And any news on the individual domain favicons? I would much rather have the above all things considered equal.

Thanks

I'd love to see the favicons implemented. It would be great to see how
many visitors might be bookmarking domains...

•••
Donny:

Basically, what i mean was: Are Search Engines indexing our sites by content as well or just by Description & Meta Tags? If they're not, is there any way to build our sites that added custom content will be indexed?

IB

•••
I'll save Donny the trouble of answering that; I just did a test: I did a lookup on Google for one of my alternative health domains with a phrase that appears in the content, and it came up as #7. See graphic below; you'll also note that in this case, some of the relevant content also shows in the snippet. Normally, Google would show my meta description tag as the snippet, however, if the search is coming up as a result for a specific string in the content (in this case, "ayurveda") then it replaces the snippet with the text from the content. So you see that snippets are dynamic, not static, and depend on the search they come up for.

Sample Google SERP

•••
Feedback on Custom Content at Parked.com

netmeg said:
I'll save Donny the trouble of answering that; I just did a test: I did a lookup on Google for one of my alternative health domains with a phrase that appears in the content, and it came up as #7. See graphic below; you'll also note that in this case, some of the relevant content also shows in the snippet. Normally, Google would show my meta description tag as the snippet, however, if the search is coming up as a result for a specific string in the content (in this case, "ayurveda") then it replaces the snippet with the text from the content. So you see that snippets are dynamic, not static, and depend on the search they come up for.

Sample Google SERP
Netmeg,

Thanks so much for that specific example on your customized content test. I had been wondering about that for some time. That clarifies this issue for me. Rep added.

So, the custom content definitely helps for SEO and SERP. Has it helped at all for your CTR or traffic? Has the domain performed better at Parked after you added the content?

•••
I'm not getting enough traffic on those particular domains yet to notice any difference, however, I do have other domains to which I've added content that are doing quite well. Overall, I have a gut feeling that the content helps.

•••
Netmeg,

I am learning as I go and ups and downs as I go as well. Lol.

Could you show us an example of a parked page where there wasn't customized content and now there is content on your lander ?

Tell us what your seeing with traffic, ctr before and after?also throw in google index thoughts before and after content

The other question which keeps getting avoided here is that keep hearing its better to use 2 or 3 words in the tags vs filling it all out and having 10 or more words. Is that true?

I am seeing a pick up on a few of my names but not happy with my epc. 12 cents for a key word I am using as bridal dress. How often do you change keywords and test out what pays higher or lower?

Thanks netmeg. Know you will give us a good insight into this and help people like me as we learn new things each day.

Reps will be added come january for you by me. Thanks for all your help.

Happy holidays

•••
I'm sorry, Jeff - I try to post here as much as I can with what I know or have learned, but my time is severely limited (specially around the holidays). Some of what you ask I have posted in other items on the forum, but I just don't have the time to go back and gather it all up.

•••
understand netmeg....holidays are a busy time...thanks though.....

the fun parts of domaining-lol....always learning each day.

•••
Question for anyone using arbitrage via Google - do you notice a large difference between the clicks Google reports on your ads and the number of visitors to a site as recorded by Parked? I frequently see actual visitors being recorded as 1/3 less than Google says it sent.

Thanks...

•••
Are your time zones for both places set to the same?

•••
•••
netmeg said:

great point netmeg

biohammer said:
are stats delayed today?

seems like they are

•••
Mine has NOT closed out and I cant do the "Portfolio trick"

•••
netmeg said:

Good tip! I have Google set to my correct time zone but can't find
anywhere in my parked account to change this. Should I change
Google to the Parked time zone? What would that be - EST?

•••
I don't know that you can change your time zone in Parked. I just know that my AdWords resets at midnight eastern time, and my Parked stats reset at 3am eastern time.

•••
You can change your AW accounts timezone once. I set mine to PST as that aligns both AW & Adsense with Googles close time @ 00:00 PST. I think Parked also close off at 00:00 PST

•••
Avo19 said:
You can change your AW accounts timezone once. I set mine to PST as that aligns both AW & Adsense with Googles close time @ 00:00 PST. I think Parked also close off at 00:00 PST

Thanks to both of you. I'll look into changing my Adwords time zone after
I do a little figuring to see if my current time zone settings can be causing the
discrepancies.

Cheers!

•••
when will parked do mobi-compliant pages?
cheers

•••
packrat said:
Thanks to both of you. I'll look into changing my Adwords time zone after
I do a little figuring to see if my current time zone settings can be causing the
discrepancies.

Cheers!
I had looked into that awhile back because I am in MST, and when I set up my Google AW account (a year ago), I chose my own time zone for the account. While Parked is at PST - one hour earlier. So my AW account resets at midnight MST, and Parked does not reset until 1:00 AM MST - a one hour differential.

When I researched it in AW, I found a definitive statement that once you set the time zone for your AW account, you can NOT change it. I then asked Donny if the Parked time zone for my account could be changed, and the answer was no.

So, I am stuck with that one our differential. But, think about it, what you "lose" on the front end of the day, you pick up on the back end of the day. If you differential is greater than one hour, it may make a difference if there is significantly different traffic volumes during those overlapping time periods.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
When I researched it in AW, I found a definitive statement that once you set the time zone for your AW account, you can NOT change it. I then asked Donny if the Parked time zone for my account could be changed, and the answer was no.

You can change it "once" but it requires you to phone them & explain you didn't realize the consequences etc when you first set up the account etc etc.
It takes some pushing, but can be done, as I know of several people who have done so over the past year.

•••
WTF is up with stats still no close out for yesterday and stats are frozen even though time is moving

•••
guttermuth said:
WTF is up with stats still no close out for yesterday and stats are frozen even though time is moving

stats have finalized for me about 10 mins ago - 17:50 PST

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back