Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Opps, no SES for me; ice storm a-comin'. I don't like driving in ice; I'm funny that way.

•••
The numbers have been reupdated and are correct this time.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
The numbers have been reupdated and are correct this time.

Donny

Great job, Donny and crew! This is why Parked is the best. I don't think I would even have known that the numbers for 11/28 were not correct. That Parked caught it and fixed it so promptly is a great compliment to the integrity of the Parked team.

•••
Donny said:
Then again I have been wrong once before. :)
But you were wrong about that, so.... :)

•••
have any of you guys who added content noticed an increase in seo placement, also i dont no if its my browser or what but when i click on little square to add content window enlarges but wont let me add content any have this problem I started reading the threads here but after 50 or so gave up, so my apoligies if its been answered before.

•••
•••
Web Trader said:
Additionally, I just opened an Adwords account to try the arbitrage route for this domain after reading on the boards that it was allowed with Parked.com if you used Google or Microsoft only, and it's been nearly a total waste really. The abrupt deactivation of the keywords and appearance of the $5.00 and $10.00 minimum bids has been so extreme and such a rollercoaster that, as if the first matter above didn't make it fairly obvious, it really seems like a big penalty has been clamped on this domain with no end in sight.

Your quality score is likely low in the eyes of Google - they want to see multiple pages of content, a privacy policy and genuine, unique article relevant to the keywords you are bidding on, lest you are required to place really high bids. They do this to keep their ads relevant to the keywords, and to ensure some quality in user clickthrough experience.

•••
•••
How does Parked.com statistics reporting work?

I was extremely excited watching my stats for my very first day of parking with Parked. It was tracking at 4x what it had been doing with my previous parking provider.

However, the same stats I was checking last night changed to show only 50% of the revenues and RPC that was reported yesterday (therefore I am only half as excited as I thought I was, but still twice as excited as I was before :) ).

So, how are stats reported? When are the actual clicks, RPC, and $ revenues locked down?

•••
for accurate reporting check your stat day after. The current stat is approximate only

•••
webtracker,

thats hard to take. Seems like Google is not making it easy for earning ppc. Throw in the towel or keep treaking?

What a huge amount of effort, someone at Google should be doing something about this.

Last edited:
•••
panterrasbox said:
I was extremely excited watching my stats for my very first day of parking with Parked. It was tracking at 4x what it had been doing with my previous parking provider.

However, the same stats I was checking last night changed to show only 50% of the revenues and RPC that was reported yesterday (therefore I am only half as excited as I thought I was, but still twice as excited as I was before :) ).

So, how are stats reported? When are the actual clicks, RPC, and $ revenues locked down?

Don't get too excited yet. It takes more then one day for them to figure out the EPC. I was thrilled about a week ago when a fresh financial domain got clicks for $2.50. Then it went to .85 cents. Now its down to .16 EPC. Which is way to low if you ask me. I think it should still be close to a dollar, if not more. I'm hoping that it will rise again sometime soon. VERY SOON!!

•••
NPKJB said:
Don't get too excited yet. It takes more then one day for them to figure out the EPC. I was thrilled about a week ago when a fresh financial domain got clicks for $2.50. Then it went to .85 cents. Now its down to .16 EPC. Which is way to low if you ask me. I think it should still be close to a dollar, if not more. I'm hoping that it will rise again sometime soon. VERY SOON!!

Except if u get a click from a country like India for a key word like "debt consolidation" i see no reason why it shouldn't be that low...All depends on country of origin of the click

•••
panterrasbox said:

Parked.com stats are usually (barring unforeseen problems from the ad feed provider) finalized sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 PM EST the following day.

•••
evilopinions said:
Except if u get a click from a country like India for a key word like "debt consolidation" i see no reason why it shouldn't be that low...All depends on country of origin of the click

Doesn't look like India. UNITED STATES 91.67%.

•••
ArtfulWebSites said:
Parked.com stats are usually (barring unforeseen problems from the ad feed provider) finalized sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 PM EST the following day.
Alrighty then, back to reality for me (but it was nice while it lasted).

•••
Google calculates the "size" of the ad areas (and whether its above the fold) as part of their quality score. A custom developed domain with smaller ad area will be ranked much here than a parked domain regardless what you do.

Web Trader said:
No, I was expecting that it would restore the only domain I've tried it for to page 1 of the Google results for the domain's phrase, but can't find one speck of improvement at all. Originally, before moving the domain to Parked that is, I had a simple web page up with some text and Yahoo ads scattered up and down, and a few CJ ads at the bottom (mostly graphical). After moving it to Parked, starting with the framing method, the domain had some days over $50 and seemed to be moving in the direction of eventually reaching $xxx per day. Then one day it disappeared from Google completely for about a week or so. Then it reappeared back on Page 1 for a while. Then it was soon blown off the Google pages again like dust in the wind and has been that way ever since. Needless to say, the income level went into the tank, too. All this has taken place since around May/June.

The thing that's so ironic about this, aside from the fact that the domain is the very .com of the search phrase itself that I'm alluding to, is that the content I added to the Parked.com page is much better than what I was originally publishing that had been on page 1 of Google. Now you can forget about any page - 2.3,4,5 - whatever. Also, although I have not exactly counted the number of words to compare the two, my best estimate is that the content I added to the Parked.com is also more extensive (could easily look at a back up of the old page to compare if needed). The bottom line is that the Parked.com page now should really be doing much better than the original page I was publishing before.

Additionally, I just opened an Adwords account to try the arbitrage route for this domain after reading on the boards that it was allowed with Parked.com if you used Google or Microsoft only, and it's been nearly a total waste really. The abrupt deactivation of the keywords and appearance of the $5.00 and $10.00 minimum bids has been so extreme and such a rollercoaster that, as if the first matter above didn't make it fairly obvious, it really seems like a big penalty has been clamped on this domain with no end in sight. I have to admit, I now feel very little or no incentive at all to continue spending any time on the content feature (sorry, Donny) because I feel like I would just be wasting my time. Otherwise of course, I really do like Parked and the new features that appeared in the interface are certainly great.

•••
Hello Donny,
Application request send. Hope you will approve my account soon. :)

•••
Donny said:
Anybody going to be at Search Engine Strategies in Chicago next week?

Donny

Geez.. I'm gonna be in Minneapolis from the 3rd-6th. I'd sure like to drop in to Chicago, but I need to make sure my company is okay with me changing my flight itinerary.

•••
Graphs dont seem to be working ?

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for the link. Just voted in. Donny really deserves that award.

•••
Thanks for the link.....

Just nominated Donny.

•••
Great, now I'm customer support. :kickass: Last week I was the CIO (Chief Information Officer) for Parked.com, I managed all of our programmers, our data center, account managers, and the day to day operation of Parked.com. But now I've been promoted to CS. :))

I hadn't even heard about these awards, but I will say they definitely need some new software.

Back to my new job!

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back