IT.COM

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So when you change a template from the normal edit page it's not saving?

I know a little while ago when I was changing some keywords on a few domains it was taking about 20 seconds to get to all of our servers.

Donny

•••
evilopinions said:
I have noticed that sometimes when I open my own domain to check it shows meanwhile.com. So does that mean that parked.com could not catch the country of origin of the click but they knew there was a click and so we get paid.

If that is the case how is the rpc decided ?

Yes, that is it. I had the same thing and here was the response from Donny...

Don't know about the RPC. I had seven clicks that went to meanwhile. I've read in this thread Yahoo tells them what to pay and they pay it.

Date: 11/18/07 10:28am

The domain is our domain, it shows up when certain bots or browsers hit your site and they don't pass all of the information from one place to another. We don't know which domain made the money, so we just tell you that you made the money and show meanwhile.com.
Donny

•••
im back home from B to P, geting some nice clicks again :)

•••
netmeg said:
Is anyone else having problems with the customization today? I'm changing templates, and it says that they have been successfully changed, but they're not actually changing.

I have noticed that there is occasionally a delay in the system and that most likely your domains are in fact changing, but it is not displaying it yet. In my expreience when that happens to me, the system shows the changes anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes later. Your error may be different, but give it some time, because they may actually be changing and are just slow to show it.

•••
meanwhile.com is a catch all domain for non-adult domains in countries that Yahoo doesn't support, like India, Turkey, and China for example. This is when our Ask feed is used. In some cases, about .2% of the time when a person clicks out we are not able to find the domain that was clicked out on, so our system says that the click was from meanwhile.com but we still know that the click belongs to a particular person. Normally we aren't talking about many clicks, but it's still your money, so we give it to you.

We know how the problem is happening, we just haven't been able to replicate it. But everybody is getting paid, that's the most important part.

Donny

•••
Donny said:
So when you change a template from the normal edit page it's not saving?

Right. It keeps going back to the default template that the system first set for my keyword. But if I select the alternate template that I want, and Click on Customize Template and then Save Customizations there, the change takes.

•••
I have a (mostly likely dumb) newb question about one of Parked Options - There is a traffic destination option for either "Primary Only" or "Primary and Alternate". What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of each? It seems the "Primary Only" choice must offer some advantage or it wouldn't be offered as an option. The domains I have at Parked are primarily dot com and a few net, org, us, and info domains. TIA for any enlightenment.

•••
netmeg - Can you give me step by step on what you are doing and it's not working? The only way that I know of us resetting it back to the default template is if you hit the reset button. So can you give me a step by step when you have a minute.

Thanks!

nettidings - Alternative Traffic Destination (ATD) was originally created when we only had 1 provider. If you wanted us to send your traffic somewhere else when we couldn't monetize your traffic you could put in a URL and we would send the traffic to Domain Sponsor, Namedrive, or whoever else you wanted us to send it to. Once we got a secondary provider it's not as useful as it was before but some people still would rather use their own secondary provider instead of the one we use. The ATD can also be used if our Primary and Secondary provider do not want the domain or they don't have any results for the keyword somebody searched for.

Personally, I recommend setting it, but keeping it at primary and secondary. But only about .1% of the does something not return for both of our providers for a keyword.

Donny

•••
Thank you for the informative answer to my question! Donny, you're worth 3 times whatever Parked is paying you. I've never before seen such speedy, helpful and considerate responses from a company representative in the domain industry. Parked.com - this man is pure gold - do whatever you can to keep him and keep him happy. :)

•••
Meanwhile...

Donny said:
meanwhile.com is a catch all domain for non-adult domains in countries that Yahoo doesn't support, like India, Turkey, and China for example. This is when our Ask feed is used. In some cases, about .2% of the time when a person clicks out we are not able to find the domain that was clicked out on, so our system says that the click was from meanwhile.com but we still know that the click belongs to a particular person. Normally we aren't talking about many clicks, but it's still your money, so we give it to you.

We know how the problem is happening, we just haven't been able to replicate it. But everybody is getting paid, that's the most important part.

Donny
Donny,

Of the 13 domains I have active at Parked.com so far, ONLY ONE, does the following:

Assuming the domain name is DOMAIN.com and I type that into my browser, EVERY TIME I get the correct page returned, but the browser address box has: http://meanwhile.com/?domain=DOMAIN.com

Why on just this one domain - from the same computer, from the same browser, and from the same IP address in the U.S.?

Since this has been totally consistent, if I can help you track this down, just let me know.

•••
Donny said:
netmeg - Can you give me step by step on what you are doing and it's not working? The only way that I know of us resetting it back to the default template is if you hit the reset button. So can you give me a step by step when you have a minute.

Okey doke - here is step by step.

First of all, I'm using IE7 on Vista Home.

I log in to my account, select Portfolios, and go into the particular Portfolio in which I have the domains I want to edit. I select a domain, and click on edit (generally I open this in a separate window)

Say my domain is using the template Bill Payment, and I want to change it to Bankruptcy. I select Bankruptcy from the drop down box, and the Bankruptcy template appears on my screen. I then click on the Save Changes button, the page reloads, there appears in red at the top of the page "Successfully updated domain", but the template is set BACK to Bill Payment, not the Bankruptcy template I chose and thought I saved. If I actually type in the domain to look at it, it still displays Bill Payment.

Now. If I repeat the above steps up to the point where the new template first appears on my screen (Bankruptcy, in this case) and INSTEAD of clicking on Save Changes, I click on Customize Template, and then, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER CUSTOMIZATIONS, directly click on the SAVE CUSTOMIZATIONS button, the window again refreshes, and I get a message that says Done: Customizations Complete! I click on the link to close the window; at this point my changes actually are saved, and the domain is now running the Bankruptcy template.

I hope that's enough detail to help recreate it.

UPDATE: I just tried to change a template in Firefox 2.0.0.9, and it works perfectly. Normally I use Firefox, but I have to do a lot of copy and pasting at the moment, and Firefox doesn't like to give you access to the clipboard without modifying the internals, and this is a new laptop, I haven't done that yet. So I was using IE7. So in short, I can re-create the problem every time in IE7, but it works just as it's supposed to in Firefox 2. Haven't tried Safari on my Mac yet, but I will, and will also try on a Windows XP laptop, just to see.

Last edited:
•••
nettidings said:
Donny, you're worth 3 times whatever Parked is paying you.

From what I know, he is a part owner of parked. :)

•••
I really don't know.

I am new to things and clueless what they mean but they must have a reason. Previous click fraud, to many .cn names? I don't know.

Sorry. Keep trying else where if your clicks are honest.

•••
I am going all in Donny - Just moved over two hundred of my names from Bogis to Parked.
:)

•••
Does that domain name happen to have a trademark ? if so, its because yahoo rejected that domain, and its now on the ask feed. (ask feed only appears through meanwhile.com)

ArtfulWebSites said:
Donny,

Of the 13 domains I have active at Parked.com so far, ONLY ONE, does the following:

Assuming the domain name is DOMAIN.com and I type that into my browser, EVERY TIME I get the correct page returned, but the browser address box has: http://meanwhile.com/?domain=DOMAIN.com

Why on just this one domain - from the same computer, from the same browser, and from the same IP address in the U.S.?

Since this has been totally consistent, if I can help you track this down, just let me know.

•••
"meanwhile" has showed on some of my alcohol, gambling, cigars, etc... domains, when i asked a long time ago I was told this means yahoo rejected them either based on sensitive categories or trademark and it is being sent to their backup ask feed, I moved these type of domains to a google feed like namedrive, fabulous, domain sponsor etc...

•••
A few days back I had asked Gilsan (from portugal) to check my domain template for customizing ideas. He mentioned that when he typed in my domain name he was redirected to a meanwhile.com page with someone else's parked.com domain name. At that time I hadn't even thought about it. But now that this is being mentioned, I wonder how my domain name got resolved to someone else's name. My domain is related to debtconsolidation and has no TM issues. I need to drop Donny a pm about the other persons domain name.

•••
I believe "meanwhile" will come up on sensitive categories and possible trademark domains and it will also come up for users of certain countries that yahoo will not monetize, I have no clue if portugal is one of them, donny will know, as far as resolving to another users domain I would look into that.

•••
SpareDomains said:
I believe "meanwhile" will come up on sensitive categories and possible trademark domains and it will also come up for users of certain countries that yahoo will not monetize, I have no clue if portugal is one of them, donny will know, as far as resolving to another users domain I would look into that.

All my Parked domains show "meanwhile" here in Portugal and the same would probably happen if I were to type in your domains. Yahoo feed is only for the US and I think Canada. I can test it for you if you want.

GIL :)

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:
All my Parked domains show "meanwhile" here in Portugal and the same would probably happen if I were to type in your domains. Yahoo feed is only for the US and I think Canada. I can test it you if you want.

GIL :)

good to know, no test needed as I generally run high 80%-90% us traffic so most users wont see the "meanwhile", the only reason I would wan't someone to type in one of my domains would be someone new looking for a referral link :hehe: thanks though :)

•••
german2006 said:
Anybody has received a customization of your parking page from them?, i have readed that it was a service but i have never received neither a tip... i have one domain with +500 visitors and a few clicks, pure type-in from Mexico.

Someone experience?

•••
Was wondering if anyone could help with a issue with a domain i just registered.

I just registered privatization(.)in and i went to check my page (which i do just to make sure i like it....habit i picked up at another service which dosen't have a preview button) and the page looks nothing like a Parked template.

It even shows the expiration date at the top,which is spot on.

Any ideas.BTW,just registered a heap of other names with the same registra and they all resolve to a Parked template.

•••
Hi xxfireflyxx,
I have checked it from Italy, and it just look fine! No probs from here...

•••
thanks...but i'm still seeing something that looks nothing like a Parked template here in Australia :(

Just looked at it through a proxy and it shows what i would expect from a Parked template.The page i see here(when i type it into the browser) is way way different.

Just Checked my stats.
Obviously not a huge problem...just got my first click.....lmao....2 hrs after registering it.

Last edited:
•••
Good Weekend At Parked :)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back