Dynadot

PARKED.COM - Official Thread!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Welcome to the OFFICIAL PARKED.COM thread! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember that Google based parking companies do not allow arbitrage, so if that is what you are doing they will either kick you out or Google will kick you out.

Donny

•••
Question!

Can you use parked to park a name with no type in traffic and expect to receive visitors, or is parked a poor choice for these type of names. Is parked only for names with existing traffic and type in traffic.

I ask this, for the simple fact that I had a name in parked and had no traffic. I moved it over to Bodis and within 3 weeks with a custom page, was receiving about 75-100 visitors a day, with a 14% click thru rate.

If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate even a brief reply.

Thanks

•••
Parked is doing fairly well for me. I have about 4557 domains with them and I am new to this parking thing.

I like the interface and the fact that someone is always there and they seem to be on my side.

I feel like they are totally open and honest. They answer service quickly and they just seem to care.

They keep the lines of communication open. I like that.

Thanks,

Mark:)

•••
tpruby said:
Can you use parked to park a name with no type in traffic and expect to receive visitors, or is parked a poor choice for these type of names. Is parked only for names with existing traffic and type in traffic.

I ask this, for the simple fact that I had a name in parked and had no traffic. I moved it over to Bodis and within 3 weeks with a custom page, was receiving about 75-100 visitors a day, with a 14% click thru rate.

If anyone knows the answer, I would appreciate even a brief reply.

Thanks

If you optimize it, and it gets picked up by the search engines, you will get traffic - eventually. But it will probably take at least a month. You say you started receiving traffic within 3 weeks after moving it to Bodis - since both Parked and Bodis give you extensive optimization capability, I suspect that you would have probably started to see traffic eventually had you left it Parked. Just a question of when Google moseys along to pick it up.

•••
netmeg said:
If you optimize it, and it gets picked up by the search engines, you will get traffic - eventually. But it will probably take at least a month. You say you started receiving traffic within 3 weeks after moving it to Bodis - since both Parked and Bodis give you extensive optimization capability, I suspect that you would have probably started to see traffic eventually had you left it Parked. Just a question of when Google moseys along to pick it up.

Thanks, just to confirm, I had in fact pulled that particular name out of Parked after about 2 weeks....more patience. Presently I have about 10 generic / very popular overture / google search names in a less popular tld....will give it a very patient go....

•••
leadology said:
Parked is doing fairly well for me. I have about 4557 domains with them and I am new to this parking thing.

I like the interface and the fact that someone is always there and they seem to be on my side.

I feel like they are totally open and honest. They answer service quickly and they just seem to care.

They keep the lines of communication open. I like that.

Thanks,

Mark:)

Do you actually make enough for all those renewals?

•••
Donny said:
Remember that Google based parking companies do not allow arbitrage, so if that is what you are doing they will either kick you out or Google will kick you out.

Donny

I Don't and never have had any problems with it and am not aware of anyone else that has had problems with google kicking them off for using adcenter.....

•••
DnPresident said:
What's everyone doing? Where's everyone moving their names from parked to where? Or do you just eat it and keep waiting for answers?
I guess this is a good time to try Sedo Pro...
I'm not moving anything just yet. Excellent customer service, unparalleled customization options and answers to our questions are reason enough to give Parked/Donny some time to let us know where the root of the problems is and how it's fixable.
The question is ultimately whether the current situation is a phenomenon that's isolated to parked or if it effects all other providers just as well. (My domains at Bodis have not been doing too well either of late)
Also, the time that it would take to move everything, customize (if the option is even given), and so forth, instead of wasting my time with it, i rather wait for Parked to explore the issue.

IB

•••
I feel ya, It's a nightmare. But very discouraging.....Donny is very clear about his stand on allowing arbitrage, that's great. I go through what I and many others much more in touch with the parking industry than me believe is the absolute best source of quality traffic and conversion-adcenter- So why all the sudden the drop in visitors, CTR and over all revenue for many of us here?

I still have hope but it's not looking good right now. Dread seeing todays finals for yesterday.

IntelBank.com said:
Also, the time that it would take to move everything, customize (if the option is even given), and so forth, instead of wasting my time with it, i rather wait for Parked to explore the issue.
IB

Last edited:
•••
IntelBank.com said:
I'm not moving anything just yet. Excellent customer service, unparalleled customization options and answers to our questions are reason enough to give Parked/Donny some time to let us know where the root of the problems is and how it's fixable.
The question is ultimately whether the current situation is a phenomenon that's isolated to parked or if it effects all other providers just as well. (My domains at Bodis have not been doing too well either of late)

IB

Guys Patience! :)...I've done some "research" with people actively using other parking providers...and it seems it IS an idustry-wide phenomenon!
We might as well wait it out at Parked (with all its amenities) and hope this improves asap!

•••
I would say it's definitely industry-wide. There's a boatload of AdSense users who are reporting that eCPM and EPCs are WAY down, specially in the past ten days. I haven't seen it myself so much, but some well known large players are complaining about huge drops. So I don't think you can pin it on any one parking provider.

Things are changing - Google, Yahoo and MSN are doing more and more to try to keep the advertisers happy, and prevent (or at least give the appearance of preventing) click fraud.

The search engines, the parking providers, and all of us have a lot of the same issues, and face the same choices - adapt or die.

•••
hehe....seems things are changing for me. lets look forward!

•••
I'm seeing a three to four cent DROP at Parked per day which adds up to the thousands in a month's time.

Traffic Is Going Up - Per click Price Is Going Down: Right when most of should be making more - in the fall/winter.

Funny how these things like Yahoo's TQ score are always launched in the fall before the big rise in income for domainers. It's an early "give back to the advertisers x-mas present" at our expense this year. It's always planned I believe - they don't want us to get too much power b/c it is a threat to their business model.

It's also funny how even though the advertisers may have complained about traffic fraud, bad traffic, etc........ they were still paying the going PPC rate. If it was so bad why did they not leave or lower the rate per click as the market would dictate if conversions were very low? To me this is just an "advertiser present", since Yahoo must think we will not take our traffic elsewhere. We need some real transparency with the parking companies like Michael over at WhizBangsBlog has been preaching. That way if we are payed less or more it can be justified by the stats.

I spent a small fortune this spring/summer on prime generics, not second and third tier domains, or expired traffic, but good, wanted generics, and Yahoo is still TQ'ing them down. What gives? If these high paying keywords in prime generics are getting measly .20 cent clicks now, then that changes everything I was planning on doing this winter.

•••
they were still paying the going PPC rate. If it was so bad why did they not leave or lower the rate per click as the market would dictate if conversions were very low?

My sentiments exactly. The market should control the price, if it's not converting, lower your bids, fix your website, or quit advertising.

•••
Yea, good luck with that one.

•••
Advertisers are the ones with the power.

•••
troopscott said:
if you could get rick schwartz or one of those uys to get behind a movement to "go Black" and unpark all domains for 2 days in a protest and show domainers are the ones with the power.

Quote:they were still paying the going PPC rate. If it was so bad why did they not leave or lower the rate per click as the market would dictate if conversions were very low?

I would not want to make "war" with them, but instead get them to open up to provide an equitable system for all.

Or........ otherwise we will eventually gravitate towards another outlet for our traffic. If my traffic is converting like crap I am open to lower ppc rates but if higher then higher ppc rates - but either way I want proof so we all know where we stand. It would help us know more where we might be in five, 10, 15 years, knowing what our traffic is capable of and the chances at longevity in this industry.

Hopefully Yahoo realizes this (Google Too) and opens up. Otherwise..... they stand to shoot themselves in the foot. If the traffic is not there for them, then they lose. If we leave and the traffic bypasses them and goes directly to the advertiser then the advertiser does not need G an Y as much either, thus marginalizing G and Y to some measurable extent and making them less relevant to advertisers, publishers and surfers alike. If surfers stop seeing parked pages and go directly to advertisers then they need G and Y less as well, even though they may not realize it initially. G and Y had better play their cards right here or lose the whole domain traffic pot.

•••
This is an interested side thread that I would like to respond to, but I'm not sure it all belongs in the Parked.com item, as it's more general in nature. Maybe start a new thread?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
On the contrary. I just copy and paste my answer that i PM'd to you in here:

Mike,

What's going on??? Don't you like us anymore??

Pete

Eh? I'm guessing you're reflecting on the new thread i created. That was solely done to take the "heat" out of the parked.com thread. If anyone wants to go bashing, do it in a thread that cannot be mistaken as a "parked.com" bashing thread.
I stated several times that i believe in Donny and Parked and that i have not, nor that i intend to, move any domains from Parked.

Mike

Simply put. There's too much dilution in this thread, with statements that don't pertain to the subject matter. Arguments were brought to the surface that address parking as a whole and not parked.com as a single entity.
netmeg said:
This is an interested side thread that I would like to respond to, but I'm not sure it all belongs in the Parked.com item, as it's more general in nature. Maybe start a new thread?
Thus, the logical move for me, and apparently a few others as well, was to create a general parking thread and retain/regain the opportunity to let this thread continue as the thread that you had it originally planned to be. A parked.com thread.

IB

•••
we all love parked and Donny of course...

IntelBank.com said:

Mike,

Pete

Eh? I'm guessing you're reflecting on the new thread i created. That was solely done to take the "heat" out of the parked.com thread. If anyone wants to go bashing, do it in a thread that cannot be mistaken as a "parked.com" bashing thread.
I stated several times that i believe in Donny and Parked and that i have not, nor that i intend to, move any domains from Parked.

Mike

Simply put. There's too much dilution in this thread, with statements that don't pertain to the subject matter. Arguments were brought to the surface that address parking as a whole and not parked.com as a single entity.
Thus, the logical move for me, and apparently a few others as well, was to create a general parking thread and retain/regain the opportunity to let this thread continue as the thread that you had it originally planned to be. A parked.com thread.

IB

•••
IntelBank.com said:

Mike,

Pete

Mike

IB

Yes, we realize that now...Good job! :tu:
No more bashing...I want some Good News to finally come! ;)

•••
It seems very interesting.

One of my domains is retaining its CTR $ value, even after finalized stats.
Others are losing big time. One of 'em went down from $1.19 per click - it had 6 clicks, to a total of $1.19 for all 6 clicks. In other words, 5 clicks or $5.95 went out the window. (just naming one as example)
I can only assume that Yahoo punished me for something there, not exactly sure for what though.
I'm guessing, or rather reasonably sure that the Q rating is an automated rating which leads to domains not being evaluated by their true opportunities. For example. If someone has a domain "Overhauling.com" it's easy to say that the domain doesn't have real meaning, while in reality, the domain is bouncing of the very well accepted TV show and subsequently brings in targeted revenue that should be seen as high quality traffic. Correct? Now, if that's the case, is there any way to "veto" Yahoo's (automated) evaluation and get a manual review?

On the bright(er) side, the domain converting best is not getting beat down by Yahoo's finalization. Now, of course i wonder how i can drive more traffic to the main money maker... :)

I wonder what's up the sleeve of Parked.com, i'm sure there are further additions to come and more opportunities to create sites that look more closely to fully developed sites. Pete, have any insight on that?

IB

•••
Just moved to parked & blown away by it.
I'm amazed sedo or namedrive are in business still tbh.

for me the best bit is easiness of use of the site & the customisation of you r pages. They're mini websites with tags, your own content etc.
For anyone that hasnt tried these guys, theyre awesome.
I'm very impressed. Still playing with toys on the site lol & working through my domains! :sold:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back