Dynadot

NNNN.org Countdown

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have purposefully not included the word "official" because this is most definitely not. With the number of internet users increasing, the obvious undervaluing of the .org TLD and the potential for trouble thanks to the Snowe Bill there is no doubt these NNNN.org domains will have significant value (at least reg fee!) shortly.

See posts below for availability lists:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yea but that is the obvious i know the .org is picking up alot lately but maybe i thought u guys had other type of insight or future for these domains!~

•••
zerolu said:
yea but that is the obvious i know the .org is picking up alot lately but maybe i thought u guys had other type of insight or future for these domains!~

Several reasons:
  • Mobile web. With mobile internet increasing rapidly, and numerical names being easier than letters to type in, these make sense
  • Other extensions. NNNN.com's, net's and info's are all sold out, and 90% of these have been regged.
  • Domainers haven't really gotten many of these, so many are in end-user hands.

•••
zerolu said:

With domains, and many other types of investment, those who see trends/possibilites early are often those who reap the greatest rewards in the future. I have no idea when the buyout will happen but the fact that 90% of the NNNN.orgs aren't held by resellers means that there won't be the same problem as with NNNNN.coms and NNNN.infos where resellers drop virtually all the domains and there is a 're-buyout'.

•••
very good answers to both, reps added

•••
•••
I just did a scan and returned 1140 remaining, my scanner still needs some tweaking though

•••
so if I haven't registered any, I should now?

•••
There are some premiums left, so you might want to grab some, but this countdown will take awhile

•••
Which ones are the premiums?

•••
One with only the numbers 1,2,3,5,7,8,9
4,6,0 are considered "sub-premium" though they really are pretty good.
Just watch out for the ones starting with 0, they aren't worth much

•••
Premium

Just out of curiosity, who determines what is premium? Why would 4 and 6 be sub-premium? I imagine that on a cell phone, 0 is not a letter, so you can't make any words with 0NNN.org. Is that why 0 is sub-premium? Zeros are great for indexing. For example, AboutUs.org lists sites alphanumerically, therefore any site starting with a zero will list first in its category. That's why I have a lot of sites that start with 0, including several NNNN.org. Then, I don't really follow the trends. I have a lot of sites considered sub-premium.

•••
Well I am on your side. i don't make the rules and I don't always follow them, but do look at sales prices and you will see numerics starting with 0 tend to sell for less.
I believe 4 and 6 are considered less than premium because of their role in the chinese culture but I am not positive.

•••
anyone have a lost of avaliable NNNN.orgs

list

•••
I had one from my scan the other day, but I deleted it. I can do another scan tonight and post the list on Friday.

•••
Asia

bobby9101 said:
I believe 4 and 6 are considered less than premium because of their role in the chinese culture but I am not positive.
Now that's really interesting. Does that mean, in your opinion of course, that most people are looking to Asia for sales of these domains? I've noticed that in some of the other weirder domain configurations that I collect, C--C.com for example, there seem to be more Asian owners than in other types of more normal "premium" domains. I'll have to luck up "4" and "6" and find out what they mean in countries like China and Japan. I'll let you know what I find.

•••
•••
0 & 4 & 6

Well, according to that article, four is definitely a problem. Six, however, would appear to be a number to try to find instead of avoiding.

Lucky numbers are based on Chinese words that sound similar to other Chinese words. The numbers 6, 8, and 9 are believed to have auspicious meanings because their names sound similar to words that have positive meanings.

aus·pi·cious (adjective)
1. promising success; propitious; opportune; favorable: an auspicious occasion.
2. favored by fortune; prosperous; fortunate.

Four

Although the number 4 is considered unlucky by most Chinese (see Unlucky section for details), it is considered lucky in some regions of China where it is homonymous in the local dialect to the word "事(job, business, or task)". When the number 4 is encountered during a celebration, people would often remark "四四如意", which would also refer to "事事如意" (Everything done as wished).

4 also sounds like the word "思 (thinking)". 4 in solfège sounds like fa 发 meaning "get fortune; 14 in solfège sounds like "dou fa 都发 meaning "everyone gets fortunes".

Six

The number 6, pronounced liu, sounds like the word for "flowing", "smooth" or "slippery" which can mean "everything goes smoothly".

The number 666 can be seen prominently in many shop windows across the country, and people there often pay extra to get a mobile phone number including this string of digits.

Coincidentally, that number is considered to be demonic in Western culture, as it is the Number of the Beast.
Unless you are an atheist like me and then it doesn't mean much of anything.

I am not trying to cause a dispute or anything. I am just questioning why?

Is there any other reason why "6" is not a premium number. I still have the question: who determines what is premium and what is not? Is there just very few sales with NNNN that include the number "6"? Is anybody keeping track of these type of sales?

•••
bionichead said:
Is there any other reason why "6" is not a premium number. I still have the question: who determines what is premium and what is not? Is there just very few sales with NNNN that include the number "6"? Is anybody keeping track of these type of sales?
I just sold 9876.com for $600 so it won't kill a sale. I think it is just something that got started somehow a long time ago and is still in domainers heads. Look at: http://3character.com/priceguide.htm

Last edited:
•••
Nice sale

bobby9101 said:
I just sold 9876.com for $600 so it won't kill a sale. I think it is just something that got started somehow a long time ago and is still in domainers heads. Look at: http://3character.com/priceguide.htm
That's kind of what I thought. The same thing happens in SEO. Somebody says something is true. Then other people quote that person. Then, in a year nobody knows why it is so, it just is.

To me, premiums would be based on patterns: 6464.org, 6644.org, 4466.org (organized) being superior to 7532.org or 1297.org (random). But then, that's just my opinion. I'll know for sure in the next 5 years.

By the way, I took a look at all the N666.orgs. Each is parked with some boring parking site. That's probably more of a problem than the number six. Each would be more valuable if they actually had some real content. As long as they are being parked to death, they are not going to be worth much.

Congrats on your sale.

•••
I have pretty strong confidence in these domains as a 4 year game.
I think they will be all registered in a year and a half. Prices will remain low because of so few end user sales but I think they have a decent chance, despite the fact that .org seriously hurts them

•••
bobby9101 said:
I think they will be all registered in a year and a half. Prices will remain low because of so few end user sales but I think they have a decent chance, despite the fact that .org seriously hurts them

I actually think the .org is better long term than .net possibly. .org actually has some independent significance, whereas .net is more of a derivative of .com.

•••
I don't know many organizations that have 4 numbers for a name

•••
ORG is the honest TLD

bobby9101 said:
I agree totally. Short term is out. The economy sucks right now. I too am looking at 4 or 5 years for these domains. ORG is reinventing itself right now. It looks much stronger than NET to me. ORG also has the wonderful trait of feeling honest and serious. A nicely designed website with the ORG TLD just feels right. In my mind, it is the #2 in the gTLDs.

•••
bionichead said:
... It looks much stronger than NET to me. ORG also has the wonderful trait of feeling honest and serious. A nicely designed website with the ORG TLD just feels right. In my mind, it is the #2 in the gTLDs.

Below is the post I made in LLLL.org countdown threead:

Interesting information:

July 01, 2008:
2008-07-01 06:18:21 com 77142148
2008-07-01 04:31:34 net 11706310
2008-07-01 08:06:56 org 6903389
2008-07-01 11:11:43 biz 1978829
2008-07-01 08:35:21 info 5007604

July 30, 2008:
2008-07-30 06:19:14 com 76524491
2008-07-30 04:31:32 net 11636919
2008-07-30 08:06:41 org 6968005
2008-07-29 11:10:50 biz 1984137
2008-07-30 08:35:19 info 4969923

source: http://stat.nic.ru/2008/07/30/titul-20080730.shtml

From July 01 to July 30:
.com fall by 617,657
.net fall by 69,391
.org rose by 64,616
.biz rose by 5308
.info fall by 37681

Substantial rise showed only .org, with .biz being stable/slightly positive, and all other gTLD falling.

Do you also of opinion that .org is the next "thing" and is on the rise?

end of post

Disclaimer: Please note that I am investing in LLLL.org but refrain currently from investing in NNNN.org, I think I have only one - 9300.org.

•••
I have attached the list of the 1,148 remaining NNNN.org's. There are 11.48% left.

Attachments

• log.txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 47
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back