Domain Empire

.mobi News, shopping, jewelry.mobi unsold from TRAFFIC?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
subject: Urgent-.MOBI Names that were offered at Traffic are now available again
mailed-by corp.moniker.com

hide details 12:46 PM (2 hours ago)

The buyer/bidder of these .mobi names at TRAFFIC wants to sell the domains at cost due to other financial obligations. Here is a list of the premium names sold at TRAFFIC to one bidder that now wants to sell them for cost .

Since you were a .mobi buyer/bidder in our most recent Traffic auction I am sending this email in regard to the .mobi names. We are giving you first shot at them but we need you commitment at of above the prices below.

These are available for purchase (on a first come -first serve basis) at these prices below thru this Friday November 9th.

So please email me back ASAP.

Domain Venue Price

News.mobi Live $110,000.00
Shopping.mobi Live $55,000.00
ZIPCodes.mobi Live $8,000.00
elections.mobi Silent $3,000.00
jewelry.mobi Silent $15,730.00
move.mobi Silent $3,000.00
price.mobi Silent $3,993.00
weightloss.mobi Silent $3,000.00

Wonder what this is all about?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I noticed that also, it doesn't correctly resolve with site:.mobi

Went with Google Results, Please See Edit (#21)

It Looks Like Google's Global Results are with site:.mobi

Results 1-10 of about 5,930,000 for site:.mobi

Last edited:
•••
Rubber Duck said:
Well I was looking at it more in traffic rankings than the number of sites thrown up.

Your point about format restrictions is very valid. It means you are going to be locked into a format that makes no sense with the emergence of the latest mobile browsers that are in the pipe. It would seem that FF will run on Symbian, thereby giving proper access even to most of the handsets already in circulation. If you are worried about the establishment of mobile browsing you should do your case studies in the biggest markets, China and India. The bottom line is that mobile browsing is emerging very rapidly even if the US is dragging its heals a little. The problem though at least from a speculators perspective is that it will all happen without any real requirement for dot Mobi, indeed most people accessing the web via a mobile will probably never have heard of dot mobi.

We will not be 'locked' into it. When there is no more need for it, the restrictions will be removed.

I think you are missing a large portion of what I have been saying. Regardless of how advanced China and India are, there are still over 200 countries to consider with billions of consumers and potential customers and surfers. Take into consideration the mobile browsing packages, the bandwith costs and the zoom and scroll.. we are not even close to what wer need for everyone to access the mobile web.. GLOBALLY.

If what you say ("indeed most people accessing the web via a mobile will probably never have heard of dot mobi") is the case, why would so many very rich corporations across the globe register and use .mobi? It is a branding mark. A sign that says.. 'YES! You can see us on your phone.. no matter who makes it!' Even if they use name.mobi to redirect to wap.m.mobile.phone.name.com.. they are using .mobi to get their customers to their mobile site.

There is no definate 'need' for .mobi to have a mobile web. Its a way to get more people using it so that it will grow. The rapid movement of the mobile web is due in large part to the recognition of and marketing done by mtld. Before .mobi was here, hardly a word was said about the mobile web.. everyone was still scrambling and struggling with WAP.

I really think you are not seeing my point.

NewWorldArk said:
Yes I noticed that also, it doesn't correctly resolve with site:.mobi

Went with Google Results, Please See Edit (#21)

It Looks Like Google's Global Results are with site:.mobi

Results 1-10 of about 5,930,000 for site:.mobi

Thats better lol

Results 1 - 10 of about 6,470,000 for site:.ws
Results 1 - 10 of about 5,540,000,000 for site:.com

So then.. we are doing just about as well as a 7 year old extension, but in 14 mos.. in terms of sites online. Not too shabby :)

•••
the duck is right. mobi is dead and those who followed mobi made a mistake and should assume that it is so.
Get some com names. You can't compete with .com. I hope that the events of the last few days have taught you something.
mobi has no future. Forget it. come back to reality. Phones will be able to render .coms perfectly and that's what ultimately people want.
No matter how you look at it Mej, mobi is doomed.

Last edited:
•••
SAHAR said:
The rest of the story about this I cannot disclose, but maybe Rick will one day, maybe he won’t.

Very interesting , He seems to know the whole story.

•••
skeitel said:
the duck is right. mobi is dead and those who followed mobi made a mistake and should assume that it is so.
Get some com names. You can't compete with .com. I hope that the events of the last few days have taught you something.
mobi has no future. Forget it. come back to reality. Phones will be able to render .coms perfectly and that's what ultimately people want.
No matter how you look at it Mej, mobi is doomed.
...however this is just your 'unsubstantiated' opinion, based on what you 'think' may be, but not what you 'know or can prove' to be accurate or true. The cheap seats have spoken. What can you give us for a good stock tip? Of course the same analysis will apply, so what good would that tip be too?!!?

•••
skeitel said:
No matter how you look at it Mej, mobi is dommed.

•••
mej...hawk...boca....

Don't waste your time arguing with these _________ (fill in your favorite plural derisive term). They just like to hear themselves talk and feel important. Only time will prove to them whether they're right or wrong...you'll never convince them here.

•••
Originally Posted by SAHAR
The rest of the story about this I cannot disclose, but maybe Rick will one day, maybe he won’t.

thegenius1 said:
Very interesting , He seems to know the whole story.

I am thinking that will really tick Rick off. Bad of sahar to mention Rick and his perceived motives on any board or blog to make his own point seem more valid.

•••
Im sure this thread was originally about why moniker was selling some .mobi domains immediately after the recent traffic auction... Wasn't it..??

I was gonna post opinion about the original topic, then i read all the usual garbage and now i cant be arsed...

•••
Badger said:
Im sure this thread was originally about why moniker was selling some .mobi domains immediately after the recent traffic auction... Wasn't it..??

I was gonna post opinion about the original topic, then i read all the usual garbage and now i cant be arsed...

It's the bee and honey story again... close the thread; leads to nothing!

•••
Rubber Duck said:
.....It would seem that FF will run on Symbian, thereby giving proper access even to most of the handsets already in circulation. .....
Symbian is a branch of Nokia. Nokia is the founding father, the original force behind .Mobi.

Sheeesh. When Android was announced a few days ago the regulars here were saying that .Mobi had hit the jackpot. Now these guys have come in from .com-land and say all our investments are worthless.

It is not known now, guys. The wheel is still spinning. The guys behind .Mobi are real smart and they can see all this, in many ways better than we can. Mobi may ride this tiger or may fall off. It is a really big tiger, plenty of room to ride. Come back in 3 years and we will know. Not now. We do not know the future of .Mobi now. We do not know. Nobody knows. Nobody knows. Nobody.

I have some mobis. I also have some .coms, including some LLLL which are, IMHO, well suited to small keyboards. I am glad of both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(((((We lose Jeff and get "mobi is dommed."?????
Definition:
Dommed -- past perfect tense of "to domain" - a domain that is already purchased, a domain considered worthy of purchase.

OK, I can go with that.)))))

•••
Monte just posted this elsewhere where the naysayers were going off on the most stupid tangents, as per usual.

Monte:

"to relieve all the speculation and rumor, the reason for the reach out on these is because the buyer is an investor group out of Sri Lanka. Although I have dealt with them before, there was an increased delay in having funds released from their bank (or from any bank from that country for that matter) due to increased security and terrorist funding investigations.
we do not take any chances and do not want to delay the transactions any longer than what is considered normal processing procedures so the buyer agreed to accept at cost resales while we have the names in escrow or as they were in process.

All but 4 names have now been resold at the auction reserves, preserving the integrity of the domain values and the process. We have lined up back ups and do line up back ups in case of adverse situations and it helped in this case and kept the industry's reputation in tact.

that was the key initiative of this particular group of names. Hopefully you all can appreciate that no one wants any failed transactions from these types of sales. Its good for each and every one of you not to have a sale go bad and these will not go bad due to our efforts."

•••
Gawsh!

Y'a mean the sky ain't falling?????

•••
Now come on.... Will they develop and advertise OpenSocial.mobi, or do they just protect their brand?

NewWorldArk said:
That Must Explain this Last Minute Reg by Google Inc.,

Domain Name:OPENSOCIAL.MOBI
Created On:31-Oct-2007 01:33:57 UTC
Expiration Date:31-Oct-2008 01:33:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:1&1 Internet AG (83)
Created by Registrar:1&1 Internet AG (83)
Registrant ID:SPAG-34865334
Registrant Name:Mark Costigan
Registrant Organization:Google, Inc.

•••
Closing this as it has drifted far from the original discussion into another...

RJ can re-open this if he sees fit of course, but I really don't think he'd appreciate to where this has drifted off either..

It's very unfortunate to see it happen with such quality names, but it's certainly not the first time we've seen something like this (although perhaps the first time in the .mobi extension for names of this caliber).

Good to see Monte's clarification on this... Moving forward now :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back