IT.COM

Microsoft's iPod Killer is Officially Named ZUNE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Microsoft Argo's Final Name: The Zune?
Our inboxes are on fire with brand new information about the new Microsoft MP3 player. We thought the player was code-named "Argo", but we now got word that the final product name that's been flying around is the "Zune"!

The pic on the right seems to be the final design, which makes the player very clean—a definite departure from Microsoft's other endeavors. You all remember the video Microsoft's own people made to illustrate their packaging shortcomings? Well, it seems like they haven't learned much, as our tipster tells us the packaging itself is pretty ugly.

More info after the jump!

Our mole also says there's no game menu to be seen on the device, putting those rumors of portable gaming from Xbox branding in possible jeopardy. More game options possibly coming in the 2nd iteration.

There's also mention of a black version of the Zune, being shown on a music video for the band CSS, and the brown version on the cover for "Band of Horses". You can display Album covers for the song you're listening to on the screen, which is "big enough" and looks "pretty good". Paul Oakenfold also has a tie-in deal.

From the looks of things, the Zune will definitely be ready for a Xmas release.

We'll have more information plus possibly the logo and/or UI Shots tomorrow. Stay tuned! – Jason Chen

Thanks Tipster!
Source: Gizmodo

Get your ZUNE domain names now. They're going fast!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
kevmacmeh said:
But im not bg :td: (..yet)

Yet is only something one has not acheived so far.

On the subject of domains, it seems like a bucketload of Zune related domains have all been regged. But its fun checking what is still available.

Alex

•••
kevmacmeh said:
thanks alex. if i was bill gates that would be the equivalent to itunes i would use where ppl download there music for there zune from :) But im not bg :td: (..yet)
I would have agreed but check out all the ccTLDs that they registered ZuneLive in!

This is a possible connection to their Live.com beta which will likely be a full portal by the time the Zune arrives.

-Kimmy

•••
i regged another, ezunelive.com will see what this one does.

thanks again kimmy

•••
How come no-one reg'd iZunes.com yet? :blink:

(And just when I promised myself I'd lay of registering more domains for a while...)

•••
amosba said:
How come no-one reg'd iZunes.com yet? :blink:

(And just when I promised myself I'd lay of registering more domains for a while...)

Hahahahaha...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. Too bad we don't have any finance Smilies.

-Kimmy

•••
both izune.com and izunes.com where already regged at the time i looked for them

•••
•••
MyPGP said:
grab zunezone.com 100NB

I'm glad a NP member got that. I had it in my cart for a few minutes earlier but decided to reg another one. It's a really cool name though.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
OK, I took the plunge, although no certainty this will be the actual name yet. :-/

ZuneNetwork.com
ZuneGamer.com
ZuneBlogger.com
ZuneReseller.com
myZuneFiles.com
ZuneForSale.com

- Vince

•••
slaughterbeck said:
I'm glad a NP member got that. I had it in my cart for a few minutes earlier but decided to reg another one. It's a really cool name though.

Best wishes,
Kimmy

this one is not reg at this time.

•••
MyPGP said:
this one is not reg at this time.
ZuneZone.com/.co.uk are both registered

vincenzo said:
OK, I took the plunge, although no certainty this will be the actual name yet. :-/

ZuneNetwork.com
ZuneGamer.com
ZuneBlogger.com
ZuneReseller.com
myZuneFiles.com
ZuneForSale.com

- Vince

Trust me, that's the official name.

Last edited:
•••
Try zunester, zuneville, zuneforum or namethatzune

•••
MyPGP said:
Try zunester, zuneville, zuneforum or namethatzune

I already have a few Zune names myself.

I hope the XBox team can produce another winner with this one.

-Kimmy

•••
Kimmy Kimmy *Shaking my head* what are you doing with me? :yell: :)
Just like Kev when i promised myself not to reg any domains anymore you come up with this news blast :'(

So i regged ZuneTones.com

I am totally not into iPods and stuff like that so i don't know if i made a good decision but it felt right.
Uhmm, was it guys? :-/

•••
That's true Kimmy.

But could my recent purchase be relevant to this new thingy? :)

Zune Ok but Tones?
It was a spur of the moment kind a thing.

•••
rep added

Last edited:
•••
Damion said:
That's true Kimmy.

But could my recent purchase be relevant to this new thingy? :)

Zune Ok but Tones?
It was a spur of the moment kind a thing.
Sure it could be relevant. Since these will be equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities, it’s very possible that soon they will be able to communicate Zune to Zune or “Comzunicate” (oh, now I’ve done it!), and a ring tone might not be out of the question.

-Kimmy

•••
i just bought mp3zune.com

tell me what you guys think.

•••
slaughterbeck said:
Sure it could be relevant. Since these will be equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities, it’s very possible that soon they will be able to communicate Zune to Zune or “Comzunicate” (oh, now I’ve done it!), and a ring tone might not be out of the question.
-Kimmy

Yeah that's true, that is going to be more main stream, Wi-Fi integrated in Cell Phones so this could indeed be very plausible :)
I even totally forgot about a recent article i had read about Wi-Fi and the thread i posted.

If it has Wi-Fi it's all good :hehe:

•••
ZuneZone.com

ZuneTunes.com

I like those 2 names very much, assuming the "zune" name is a reality.

Congratulations on getting in early. :tu:

•••
I got Zunez.com

rep added

Thanks,
Sam

•••
zunelive.com is registered to some guy named Jack....it's under the msft.net DNS, but uses internationaladmin as the admin (don't go to internationaladmin.com unless you want pop-ups like crazy). Created around 2-3 weeks ago (May 24) and registered for two years.

The Zune.com registry was created in 1998, but just updated on July 3 for three years...with hidden info. The DNS is to sistelcom.com.

•••
I just registered zuneboards.com... What do you think?

BTW, WHO TOOK ZUNEFORUMS.COM? It was available, so I added it in my cart... 10 seconds later it was taken. :td:

•••
Thanks for the info Kimmy! Rep added.

I just bought:
Zune-Tune.com
ZuneDom.com
ZuneBox.com

:)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back