NameSilo

Lotsa Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey everyone.
Now its been a month since i have become my journey as a domainer. I have accumalated many doubts now. So please try to help me. All answers and guidance shall be appreciated.

Here goes:
1. Which is the best place to park domains for low traffic domains?

2. Do .me and .me.uk have any value? (Didn't find much abot them)

3. Do domain hacks to well? Especially .be .me etc? Do only one word domain hacks work well or even 2/3 words domain hacks sell?

4. Is it worth investing in ccTLDs? Especially .be, .fr (as i have a few) and how good are keyword.ccTLD domains in general?

5. Value of LLLL.net's? (Have a few soo...)

6. How do you go about finding an end user for your domains in general? Just find similar domains and contact their owners?

7. Are .tel domains only good for contact and similar purposes like lookup.tel?

8. Are .me good for personal purposes only?

9. People say that .info's are not really much worth. Is it true?

10. What do you do if you get cheated by your registrar?
I had registered a .hk domain on 20th of this month. Was a pretty good one. Since .hk's take time i waited. Yesterday i get refunded and the domain registered. Whois shows nothing. I suspect someone from their support. :(

11. I have 3 days to buy 13 domains, what do i invest in? (Got coupons to reg free domains which expire on 31st.)

All help will be appreciated. I will keep adding more questions here. You can answer any questions you like.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. Don't park - develop your sites.

2. .me in the right context can be worth decent $$$ (e.g. Willyoumarry.me)

3. One word domain hacks are best.

4. Depends if the keyword matches the cctld.

5. Not as good as it was. As mine is an acronym, I'm going to develop into a minisite.

6. Not an expert in this area.

7. Not sure.

8. Refer to #2.

9. Depends on the name. I have about 10 .infos (and growing). All right for minisites. But the domain must match .info

10. Nothing much that you can do.

11. Try using the Google Adwords Keyword Tool to find domains with decent searches. Make sure they are exact searches and not broad. Also, check the CPC - don't touch anything much under $1/click unless it is an exact product match with enduser potential.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

•••
•••
#2. .me.UK is a second level UK domain extension and its value is one tenth of .co.uk. I’d stay away from second level domain names of any country for investment purposes.

#8. As far as .me is concerned it is a fast growing extension and is being embraced by facebook (no_url_shorteners), wordpress (wp.me) and many others. I see a very bright future for .me. However, like .tv not all words fit the .me extension and therefore you need to invest in it wisely.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back