IT.COM

iPowerWeb

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for iPowerWeb

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Review

I registered several names by phone. Perhaps my best one was LinkCamp.com I got confirmation, got an invoice, my credit card was charged. When I came back to double check on my domain names a couple weeks later, I found out that some other company registered my best name. They registered it 1 week after I registered it. It turns out iPowerWeb never registered my names. I have no idea how this other company found out about my name--I did not mention the name to anyone! iPowerWeb would not do anything to compensate for their mistake. I asked for free hosting for a year which would not cost them very much. Certainly it would have been a fair offer for losing, (or worse...I will not go into that without proof), my domain name.

I also found out that the $2.95 is not a bargain at all. If you ever want to transfer the names elsewhere, it will cost you $1 per month for 12 months. If you want to re-register the name long term it will cost you more than GoDaddy. The only value I can see in their cheap names is getting them for a year to see if they are any good and then let them expire. But I won't do that because I have totally lost my trust in the company and do not want to deal with a company I can't trust. What if I find a REAL winner and they "lose" that too!

•••
Scamola!

Don't register domains through this company -- their $2.95 is a scam. Takes 24 hours to register your domain, which leaves your domain open for hijacking by someone else. This happened to me, they could never register the domain, and they refused to refund my money. SCAM!

This review is payback for running a shitty business.

•••
Incompetent

In one of my registrations, i got charged twice, i sent a ticket and got offered a second registration year for my domain or a refund, i choose the second year (so i would be paying 2.95$ for a renewal instead of 8.25$), after choosing, the next person to answer me (never got some replying 2 times) They started to ask for credit card details (last numbers) or account login details, i gave login details, as i don't want to send my CC details on a email, they kept asking me over and over for credit card details, and i refused to give them because
-Unsecure method to send CC details
-I don't approve another charge to my credit card, so, they simply don't need it. (as the found the duplicate charge in my card and the acknowledge it)

Finally, i got an email saying that the next billing would be done in 2008 for that domain, but the domain wasn't renewed at the registry, wait 2 days, and still unrenewed. Will they try to rebill me 1 year after the domain expires?

Re opened the ticket again, finally, they renewed the domain for 2 extra years (!!), so i got 3 years of domain registration for 5.90$ because they don't read tickets, i've stopped telling them, i'm afraid they would want to charge me 8.25$ for a renewal i haven't ordered or... who knows!

They made me loose a lot of time for a single registration, even getting that good deal

gdave said:
If you ever want to transfer the names elsewhere, it will cost you $1 per month for 12 months.

Didn't see that in Terms & Conditions, are you sure?

•••
Review

Horrid and arcane...to transfer you have to fill out a form, print it and MAIL it via SNAIL MAIL. Rediculous!

•••
Absolutely Terrible!!!

Registering with this company was a horrific nightmare!! I registered 50 domains with them. After 3 days & still not having my domains, I finally call customer support. I was on hold for over 1 hour & half & finally get someone on the phone & english is a 2nd language for him as the support seems to be outsourced from India or somewhere. It took this company over a week to order & propagate my domains. Additional to this, I still had several issues with logging in with the user/pass they provided, and now it appears that they now also make transfering away from them a nightmare from hell.

•••
Cheap

Cheap and that about covers it!

Last edited:
•••
THE WORST...Slow Reg, Double Billing, Bill and No Renewal...You will lose your domain

NOT WORTH IT. The customer service is absolutely clueless. The entire operation is geared to sell you hosting...domain control is the worst, I was double billed upon original reg, billed upon renewal but domains were not renewed almost went into redemption!

•••
I've used their hosting services and I have had some problems with them. Their customer service is always overburdened and i have to wait a long time to get any attention.

Domain registration is slower than molasses. Other registars take 5 minutes and they take a day. Gimme a break.

•••
Nightmare! Worst EVER!!!!!!

Stole one of my domains - went to log in and change the DNS and I can't even log in and the domain has been changed to point to a lander that I am not even a member of, whois has changed and they don't do anything about it - they STOLE this domain!!
Another time, I reg'd 20 others that had high OVT counts and then they email me the next day telling me that those domains aren't available AFTER they had already took my money and said that I had reg'd them. Crooks, thiefs, liars and PATHETIC, non-existant customer support with room temperature IQ's. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this company - if they ever go public, sell their stock and make a fortune!!!!

•••
worst registrant company

This company is the bad, they lost domains, the not renew domains you want renew, they renew domains you say not want renew, the support is ineffective, and when you insist they send you a survey, I have three account manager and for nothing. The worst registrant on the internet I think.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back