Dynadot

How many ladies here ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
Just wondering how many ladies are members here at namepros ?

and have you suprised your friends when you tell them what you do (domaining)

just interested

regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't tell my friends I'm into domaining. They barely understand when I say I design websites.

•••
* hand up.....

I am more than happy to explain Domaining to my friends.

Cheers
Corey

•••

It's lonely being a domainer, especially a female domainer. It seems all the conferences are geared to the male libido and not all that concerned with domaining.

How is a lady to deal with that? I'm certainly not interested in Playboy bunnies or beach babes--the bimbos and the bubbleheads (but with big b**bs and botox lips) really demonstrate the immaturity level of this biz. I would LOVE to attend a domaining conference that actually had social events that would appeal to a female audience, but not anything tawdry. So I don't go to conferences. I had seriously considered going to the D.C. conference (which is close to home), but this group has a history of hiring young women and using them for really sleazy activities. I can't support that kind of behavior with my hard-earned money.

As for family and friends, they have no idea. Even my husband has no clue as to what I do. Last spring I asked my college students about domaining--just blank stares. My son works with computers on his job, but he's not really interested in domaining, though he does have a GoDaddy account (with one domain) and thinks the GD girls are really lame. Well, what else is he going to tell his mother?).

So I have developed a few cyber friendships. I would love to get together with some local domainers, but it hasn't happened yet because I'm not sure if they exist where I live.

Maybe I should put an ad on CraigsList: "Lady Domainer ISO local domaining friendship, for deep discussions on SEO and heated debates on the future success of .mobi and .tel and the great vanity TLD debate..."

HA! Topics that have no relevance in my inner circle. They don't even know what a TLD is, let alone that a controversial issue surrounds it.

A lonely life, yes, but one must keep plugging on.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
coreyg said:
thanx Darl

NP Ive change it to the one I meant to put in first place duh :blink:

•••

Interesting thread back in 2005, but it just kind of died out.

Some good theories; I love the story about Leggs.

•••
Ms Domainer said:

Interesting thread back in 2005, but it just kind of died out.

Some good theories; I love the story about Leggs.

Yea lol its true even now alot of new members just presume im a happy gay male :bah:

•••
mellowmasher said:
Yea lol its true even now alot of new members just presume im a happy gay male :bah:

I know that feeling *w

•••
gotta admit i thought corey was for a guys name .... oh no !

•••
•••
Well i don't know about much ladies here but i am yet the another newbie lady here ;) so hope to interact with few ladies here :)
Thanks
PHYza

•••
Actually there are many more then people think. I know of many members some very established that are female that prefer to remain thought of as males for different reasons...

And no .. I wont tell :p

•••
I originally thought Michelle/mellowmasher was a gay/bisexual male.

I came to learn though, through the chat room, that she is really a trisexual female...will try anything once. :lala: :guilty: :loveyou:

That...and the fact that she is an absolute sweetheart!
:great: :loveyou: :xf.love:

•••
According to NP mediakit Approximate Gender Breakdown: 85% Male, 15% Female

•••
Me me me!!! Im a lady.... well I try to be anyway. Sometimes my behavior isnt very lady like at all :hehe:

•••
NPQueen said:
Me me me!!! Im a lady.... well I try to be anyway. Sometimes my behavior isnt very lady like at all :hehe:
I fit within that description perfectly :D

•••
in australia we have a tv show called ladette to lady

....they try and make ladies out of what are quite radical girls , somewhat funny

•••
NPQueen said:

sdsinc said:
I fit within that description perfectly :D

Cheers to that! :bingo:

•••
-Nick- said:
According to NP mediakit Approximate Gender Breakdown: 85% Male, 15% Female

...and yet...we still rule :kickass:

runs and hides :loveyou:

•••
mis_chiff said:
...and yet...we still rule :kickass:

runs and hides :loveyou:
:bingo:

runs and hides with Jen :red:

•••
Girlygirldomains*com and shedomains*com available!

•••
•••
Phoebe_ said:
I think I am:D

Think :o

There are obvious signs pm for details :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back