NameSilo

Here is a simple SEO tip for you

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For all people who are just starting to learn how to promote their sites, do not try multiple methods at the same time or you might end up tired without any result...

Start with one or 2 method first and when you are about to master these methods and you used to do it, add another method in your arsenal...

In order...

First month
Do forum posting and blog commenting daily. Add useful blogs into your rss readers so that you can post comment when there are new posts.

Second month
while still doing the above methods, start to write and submit articles and links to directories...

Third month onwards...
Now that you are seeing the result of what you are doing, try other methods like social bookmarking, yahoo answer, twitter, etc... but make sure your 1st and second month activities are still going... You are just adding methods but not changing...

Do not try to do all of these on the first month if your time can't handle...

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

hope this will stop you from posting questions like How to promote my site, how to get traffic, how to... seo.. etc, etc.. this is very simple but fruitful if followed correctly...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great post :) Helpful one.

•••
Directories everyday

If you want to include directories in your strategy its important to note that most of those links will take weeks to show up. Some directories do not get deep indexed everyday. Plus its mostly new directories that will accept your site immediately so its important to keep up to date on all the new ones and submit your site everyday. Those links will show up in a few weeks but once you've started you'll see new links everyday (ie after about four weeks).

•••
-Nick- said:
Great post :) Helpful one.

Thanks Nick and I do hope new bloggers and starters could learn from this simple tip..

•••
Time management is one of the hardest aspects of this business!

•••
sheprd said:
Time management is one of the hardest aspects of this business!
Yes.. I wrote an article before in my previous forum "Your Daily Advertising Schedule". It is a very informative article outlining what to do on daily, weekly, and monthly basis... try it on google..

•••
silveraden said:
First month
Do forum posting and blog commenting daily. Add useful blogs into your rss readers so that you can post comment when there are new posts.
If this is for SEO, then it is probably worth making sure the blogs you are posting comments aren't set to "no follow".

silveraden said:
Second month
while still doing the above methods, start to write and submit articles and links to directories...

People should be wary of mass submitting there sites to large amounts of free directories, especially if your site is fairly new, I have found this can actually do more damage than good and in many cases google will ignore the link anyway.

silveraden said:
Third month onwards...
Now that you are seeing the result of what you are doing, try other methods like social bookmarking, yahoo answer, twitter, etc... but make sure your 1st and second month activities are still going... You are just adding methods but not changing...

Do not try to do all of these on the first month if your time can't handle...

Most of all, spend 80% of your time in promotion and 20% in content...

hope this will stop you from posting questions like How to promote my site, how to get traffic, how to... seo.. etc, etc.. this is very simple but fruitful if followed correctly...

I think the amount of time spent between promotion and content depends on the site, intially I would weight the content higher than promotion, because content is a major part of SEO.

I do agree with increasing the methods each month and not doing all to begin with. I think the main thing is to make the increase in links look natural. If one day you have no links to your site, then the next you have thousands, your site maybe just seen as a spam site and be punished in google.

•••
thanks for the helpful post! :)

•••
holyroller said:
I do agree with increasing the methods each month and not doing all to begin with. I think the main thing is to make the increase in links look natural. If one day you have no links to your site, then the next you have thousands, your site maybe just seen as a spam site and be punished in google.

In the free manual that I wrote, I scheduled the daily directory submission to 30 directories. More than 50 submissions per day I think could result to damage. My former blog was penalized for 5 days (nowhere in google) after I submitted it to 350 directories in one day.. LOL...

•••
silveraden said:
In the free manual that I wrote, I scheduled the daily directory submission to 30 directories. More than 50 submissions per day I think could result to damage. My former blog was penalized for 5 days (nowhere in google) after I submitted it to 350 directories in one day.. LOL...

I paid for 150 directory submissions on one of my sites a while back. It went from page 3 of google to page 40. Took around 3-4 weeks before it had recovered it position.

•••
WOW. I am not disagreeing with it. I know it happened to me too :'( getting too many links in less time is not so good.

Yet whenever we buy a directory submission package it contains 1000 or 2000 directories submissions. Which are just being done within 2 or 3 days. :o

Just Yesterday ordered one :| If by mistake or even if you know that getting too many links in short period of time is not a good practice then there are someways that can get you back on track.

1) Search Engine itself is your friend ;) - Because SE will only consider the links when it comes across one. Which might take SE some days to crawl all the pages on which your links are there.

2) If SE does penalize you then all you have to do is keep getting more links :xf.love: just keep getting it till you are back on the track. Why... because when something new and good is launched on internet it does gets natural links anyway. So SE cannot penalize you much for getting lots of links. Only thing is you have to keep getting it in natural way at similar speed. Just add article submission and social bookmarking campaign in the que ;)

[Note:- If you selected a premium keyword and are going for it then things might be different.]

•••
Yes Nick, the penalty is just temporary. Anyway, it has good and bad effect but the bad effect is just temporary and ut can be offset by good after your site is back...

If the site is new and not yet ranked well, I think bulk submission is still good... but not to well established sites that are sitting on first page of google...

•••
Hi
thanks for your information,its really worth ful reading your suggestion and it is applicable to all of us who are starting their career in SEO

•••
John peterr said:
Hi
thanks for your information,its really worth ful reading your suggestion and it is applicable to all of us who are starting their career in SEO

Yes it all bout SEO... you can apply the same principle in other things that needs schedule... the most important part is planning and scheduling..

•••
I disagree with just about all of it.

Directoy submissions are junk. Its 2009 now get with the times.

Blog comments are good, and forum signatures aren't all that great. The pages are usually so diluted with other links and crap, their relevancy is pretty small.

Try 80% content, 15% relevant link building and 5% on promotion via social networking or whatever.

•••
ntfu2 said:

Blog comments are good, and forum signatures aren't all that great. The pages are usually so diluted with other links and crap, their relevancy is pretty small.

Try 80% content, 15% relevant link building and 5% on promotion via social networking or whatever.
Well one blog can have loads of posts as one directory can have loads of categories.

Chances of the particular page having a PR of its own are almost similar in both.

Blog has one plus point that is does has content on the page. Maybe unique in most cases.

Directories has one plus point that is 10 or 20 links per page. While blog comments can be 500 or unlimited on a single page. So ultimately the link juice being passes is less. Moreover the blog comment links are no-follow in almost all cases.

Yes both things might get you traffic or maybe not. But if there is directory submission like process out there then why to even miss that one out. Directory links never hurt. [They might help or maybe they won't, but they never hurt]

•••
thank you for this useful post

•••
ntfu2 said:

I agree that most directories are junk but still there are some directories that do good... especially those active directories with pr2 and above..

The only thing you need to check when submitting to directories is the number of pending links on it's statistics.. if there are a lot, then do not submit your site..

As for blog commenting, I am following most top seo blogs like seobythesea and others and every time they have new posts, I comment, thus, giving me some valid backlinks... Blog commenting in dofollow blogs has good chance.

thank you for this useful post

You are welcome

•••
Nice and informative post... Thanks for sharing .. rep+ added

•••
This is really a great post.Thanks for sharing.

•••
Thanks for sharing it with us.. I always do directory submission, forum posting, blog commenting, blog posting, article submission, press release submission and social bookmarking it is worth the effort doing it because my pages ranked well. :D

•••
"If the site is new and not yet ranked well, I think bulk submission is still good... but not to well established sites that are sitting on first page of google..."

Thank you silveraden, that is very good to know!

•••
There have been conflicting claims on SEO theories and their effects on our websites' ranking. Despite the various voices that hammer our ears, it is always best and safe to head Google's webmasters' guidelines.

•••
Thanx very much for posting. Very useful points and hints. Thanx guys.

•••
Your post is very helpful. I think I'll gonna use this method. Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back