NameSilo

Help me with GoDaddy expired auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was watching a expired domain auction. It ended with no bids. How can I obtain it now? As I understand it won't be relisted. Will it be available soon for hand-reg?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This depends, if it was put up by sale by Godaddy I'd say at the present time it is in grace period with the registrar. Godaddy work like this, on the 25th day after expiration they put the domain up for auction. If unsold on the 42nd day after expiration, they cancel and delete the domain name in question. After that you'll have to wait 5days for it to be available to purchase by hand-reg. If this is a good domain I'd suggest using a backorder service to snap it up. Hope this helps!

•••
•••
NOTICE: This domain name expired on 07/02/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion.

This means after 08/17/2012 the domain should be available for hand-reg, right?

•••
what is Hand-reg mean, i am a newbie and just studing all aspects before I really get started

•••
what is Hand-reg mean, i am a newbie and just studing all aspects before I really get started

Hand Reg means you can pick your favorite registrar: godaddy, enom, dynadot etc and register the name at your own leisure for a very cheap price. Basically it means you can reg the name by hand at your own pace.

Blake

•••
I was watching a expired domain auction. It ended with no bids. How can I obtain it now? As I understand it won't be relisted. Will it be available soon for hand-reg?

Since you were watching the auction, and apparently are interested in the domain, why didn't you place a bid?

•••
Be careful with this. If you fail to pay, then Godaddy will ban your account and charge you a $10 administrative fee to get it reinstated. Lots of domainers use scripts to automatically register domains so make a smart bid next time.

•••
Nice post Dude keep it up..

•••
This depends, if it was put up by sale by Godaddy I'd say at the present time it is in grace period with the registrar. Godaddy work like this, on the 25th day after expiration they put the domain up for auction. If unsold on the 42nd day after expiration, they cancel and delete the domain name in question. After that you'll have to wait 5days for it to be available to purchase by hand-reg. If this is a good domain I'd suggest using a backorder service to snap it up. Hope this helps!
Thanks info of you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back