Domain Empire

Have you received any messages from dot asia about .asia domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
LOL
I just want my refund now.
For me, there is no point in going into a bidding war for this highly speculative extension.
Let's say that I win the bid for my generic .asia name for $1000.
What guarantee do I have that the value will rise? I may be left holding a very expensive bag.

•••
This is just radiculous. It means an auction might last forever as long as the leader changes. There should be final date.

Still many auctions have already closed - I suppose there comes a point where you just go "you know what mate, for $15,323k you can keep dodgycornerstorepizza.asia" . . .

•••
Remember the rule of thumb: Buy low and sell high.
Most generic .asia names will be selling for a high price in the auction.
Too risky to buy high to try to sell higher (a speculative extension).

•••
mrdomainman said:
Remember the rule of thumb: Buy low and sell high.
Most generic .asia names will be selling for a high price in the auction.
Too risky to buy high to try to sell higher (a speculative extension).

Yes, I think it will be too risky to pay high price this time.

•••
Back when Godaddy began taking registrations for .Asia I applied for one but my Godaddy Domain Manager page still says 'Pending' Does anyone know when this Pending period ends and a decision is made?

•••
DnPresident said:
Back when Godaddy began taking registrations for .Asia I applied for one but my Godaddy Domain Manager page still says 'Pending' Does anyone know when this Pending period ends and a decision is made?

No, man. We all are still waiting for this great moment to be informed about what is going on with our applications.

•••
netfleet said:
I think it should be safe enough to assume that if you applied for a name and it's not on this list http://www.registry.asia/info/DotAsia-DomainsWithMultiApps--2008-03-13.txt and it's not reserved by the goverments (check here http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi) then you have it.
?

netfleet can you explain a little more? My name is on the first link you've provided. It says it has received more than one application in Sunrise or Landrush.

On the 2nd link, when I type in the name it shows a Domain ID, a Domain Create Date, The Sponsoring Registrar, Registrant ID , Registrant Name, Registrant Phone, Administrative, billing and technical emails All already assigned to someone in Dublin. How is this?

•••
I guess that guy from Dublin has won the domain in a Sunrise auction.

DnPresident said:
netfleet can you explain a little more? My name is on the first link you've provided. It says it has received more than one application in Sunrise or Landrush.

On the 2nd link, when I type in the name it shows a Domain ID, a Domain Create Date, The Sponsoring Registrar, Registrant ID , Registrant Name, Registrant Phone, Administrative, billing and technical emails All already assigned to someone in Dublin. How is this?

•••
Hi DnPresident,

Is it possible that the name you applied for is on this list http://dotasia.org/info/DotAsia-DomainsAppliedFor--2008-02-27.txt (yes another list!).

I think this one has all the sunrise applications (made before 27th Feb) but not the Landrush applications. Although I would have through, in theory, a name applied for in this list should have prevented an application in Landrush perhaps the application hadn't been completed (due to it falling into a competing auction for eg) by the time you applied during Landrush so the system let you apply even though it was already destined for someone else

Make sense? Just a guess really but let us know if it is in this list...

•••
Once again :) Yes It's on the list. I registered it on February 20, 2008. I called Godaddy and told them it was showing as registered but they said it didn't matter??? and that I would soon be contacted by someone from .Asia informing me of what I needed to do next....

Dave

netfleet said:
Hi DnPresident,

Is it possible that the name you applied for is on this list http://dotasia.org/info/DotAsia-DomainsAppliedFor--2008-02-27.txt (yes another list!).

I think this one has all the sunrise applications (made before 27th Feb) but not the Landrush applications. Although I would have through, in theory, a name applied for in this list should have prevented an application in Landrush perhaps the application hadn't been completed (due to it falling into a competing auction for eg) by the time you applied during Landrush so the system let you apply even though it was already destined for someone else

•••
netfleet said:
Hi DnPresident,

You are right, My 3 asia domains rejected in this way.
:'(

•••
I also had similar problem but haven't got refund for those names yet. They should refund the money asap.

•••
onlinelife said:
netfleet said:
Hi DnPresident,

You are right, My 3 asia domains rejected in this way.
:'(

The .ASIA Landrush Period, spanning from February 20, 2008 to March 12, 2008, received a whopping 473,633 domain name applications. Paired with the Sunrise and Pioneer applications, this brings the total number of .ASIA applications over a half-million. As the fastest growing online audience in the world, it's no wonder the Landrush Period for .ASIA domain names far exceeds expectations.

Domains with multiple applications will go to auction in the coming days. Interestingly, 45,697 domains received more than one application during the Landrush Period, including BUY.asia, HOT.asia, and GOLD.asia. As the exclusive auction partner for DotAsia, Pool.com is ready for the rush.

•••
Only 6 days to go to open registration. So far nothing what so ever heard about my applications.

•••
yes waiting to hear

i think all domains i tried are in auctions

•••
leede said:
yes waiting to hear

i think all domains i tried are in auctions

For me, I got 20 domain names not in the auction list. Awaiting confirmation from them.

•••
Hi James,

We will be receiving an email by Saturday 22nd March with login details and password for our up-and-coming auctions. DOT.ASIA & POOL.COM are a little late on schedule due to the exceeding number of domain applications. They were not expecting over 1/2 a million so soon. All should be in order this time next week at the latest. :)

•••
First confirmations for .asia

Hi all!

2 days ago I recieved the first confirmations for two names starting with the letter "A"!

No sunrise applications - whois is also ujpdated!
===================

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! Your DotAsia application for the following domain has been approved and the domain has been registered to you at the .ASIA Registry:

******.asia

You may review your domain name WHOIS information by visiting http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi. Please note that changes to this domain registration are not permitted for sixty (60) days from the date of registration.

Sincerely,

DotAsia Organisation Ltd.

=====
Received: from mx4.ca.afilias.info (vgateway.libertyrms.info [207.219.45.62])
=====
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 05:51:59 -0400
=====
Best regards

Frank

•••
Mobix said:
Hi all!

2 days ago I recieved the first confirmations for two names starting with the letter "A"!

No sunrise applications - whois is also ujpdated!
===================

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations! Your DotAsia application for the following domain has been approved and the domain has been registered to you at the .ASIA Registry:

******.asia

You may review your domain name WHOIS information by visiting http://www.registry.asia/cgi-bin/whois.cgi. Please note that changes to this domain registration are not permitted for sixty (60) days from the date of registration.

Sincerely,

DotAsia Organisation Ltd.

=====
Received: from mx4.ca.afilias.info (vgateway.libertyrms.info [207.219.45.62])
=====
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 05:51:59 -0400
=====
Best regards

Frank

It is good that they are starting to send out confirmation emails.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
james2002 said:
I am waiting for the messages from dot asia company. I understand that the domain auction will start on 17/03/08 and still I haven't received anything from them about the domains I have been successful and the domains going into auction.

I think it is becoming ridiculous now without getting any info about the domains we applied.

Frustrating !!!!! >:( >:(

I got a message while looking for .asia domains at godaddy that these domains will be available on 26th march 2008

•••
great news!! finally we are starting to hear some info regarding the domains... hopefully i get info on mines too...

•••
Same for me ; they did not gave any news yet.
Is it DOT ASIA or IDIOT ASIA ?

•••
I haven't got any messages about my application even though Mobix receieved email about the domain he applied on 18. Today is 21 and nothing heard. What is happening with pool or dotasia ?? Not efficient??

•••
Godaddy Told Me That It Would Be On The 20th March... Bt Now Its 21st :(
I Just Want My Domain Or My Money Back, If I Was Not Successful!

•••
KillerDomain said:
Godaddy Told Me That It Would Be On The 20th March... Bt Now Its 21st :(
I Just Want My Domain Or My Money Back, If I Was Not Successful!

Yes, they are wasting our time, energy and money. Dotasia sucks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back