Dynadot

Free Nigerian Domain Names - First 50,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
It seems like the Nigerian domain name registry is having a promotion to celebrate Nigeria's 50th year anniversary.

Upperlink - Dead

Try this one: http://www.web4africa.com.ng/

No credit card required. The official ccTLD for Nigeria is .ng.

In order to populate the .NG Registry with Active domains, the Nigeria Internet Registration Association (NIRA) is giving out 50,000 domains free

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ohh :( I am late again. Its over now.
They are asking money for it. Pretty bad.

•••
Aren't you guys worried about spam? I mean giving your contact info in the whois might make it spambait. :D

As it is a lot of spam/phishing/scam stuff originates there.

I might have been interested in second level names, make for nice hacks.

•••
Can anyone recommend a parking company that does them, I have a few nice .com.ng that I want to earn from including cats and dogs :)

You could try Sedo or Bodis, not sure if any others are accepting .com.ng

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Aren't you guys worried about spam? I mean giving your contact info in the whois might make it spambait. :D

As it is a lot of spam/phishing/scam stuff originates there.

I might have been interested in second level names, make for nice hacks.

Worried? Yes
Scared? Yes

Made sure to use an email that I don't use for anything on the registration. (my junk email)

•••
With Adsense, or did you park it elsewhere?

Parked.com isn't taking .com.ng yet...
It's actually a .org.ng and at Bodis at the moment now almost 70uv in less than 24h...

•••
It's actually a .org.ng and at Bodis at the moment now almost 70uv in less than 24h...

Forgive me for my stupidity, but what is 70uv? :o

These names cost me nothing so I might as well have a go but I don't know what you mean by it lol

•••
Well, looks like the party is over. The registry deleted a lot of my .com.ng domains:

Make sure your names are still resolving.

•••
Out of the 2 I regged, 1 is active.

•••
Of all African countries, the following are worth looking at: South Africa, Cameroon, Ghana, Morocco. Maybe Senegal, they are politically stable but not sure about internet penetration there. Then maybe .cd (Congo) is interesting only because CD is a common term pretty much like FM or TV, the issue is that Congo isn't the most stable place on the continent.

Ghana, Cameroon, Morocco and South Africa have rapidly growing economies AND relative political stability.
In the rest of Africa there is either lack of internet penetration or lack of stability to consider the other ccTLD's already for investment. Maybe once the situation became politically calm, Ivory Coast and Nigeria and such would be safe bets too. But for now, the only countries where I see economic growth, growth of internet users, AND without political unrest, are S.Africa, Morocco, Ghana and Cameroon.

•••
Forgive me for my stupidity, but what is 70uv? :o

These names cost me nothing so I might as well have a go but I don't know what you mean by it lol

Unique Visitor/View. Now made $.27 (w00t)

•••
aid.com.ng
aid.org.ng
aids.com.ng
easy.com.ng
educational.com.ng
educational.org.ng
government.org.ng
happy.com.ng
international.com.ng
local.org.ng
nasarawa.com.ng
niger.org.ng
nigeria.name.ng
nok.com.ng
respect.com.ng
schools.org.ng
university.org.ng
yes.org.ng

Frees free.......until next year, lol

Also how do I know an end user offer from a scam, when I get an email that says:

We would sincerely and muchly like to offer you for your internet name, $1000000000 from the estate of a very wealthy government official, who sadly died in a plane crash and no living relatives. He was very much interested in the internet and domain names and would we, on his behalf, would very much like to buy your names.....

•••
What really bites my butt is I had a lot of these domains in "Bulk Register." Aids, Nigeria, Government, etc. - but their bulk registry is broken. I waited 24 hours for their "cron job" to put the registrations through, only to later contact them and find out they had no idea what I was talking about. Very bitter first experience.

I'm really angry. I had a ton of really great names I was waiting for registration on - like an idiot.

•••
Its still working fine and free :)

•••
Doesn't work for me, but I got some pretty nice ones while the going was good :D

419.com.ng
bed.com.ng
cat.com.ng
dog.com.ng
phone.org.ng
radios.org.ng
televisions.com.ng
won.com.ng

Could've done better, but can't complain :)

How do you earn parking traffic from them though, who are people using to earn? :)

•••
waste of effort imo.

You are not gonna sell them. And parking.. i think i see some beaten dead parrot lying around..

•••
Looks like I missed the free reg!

•••
Edit: The offer below has been taken.

If anyone wants mine, they're yours. NO COST. I want to stress that this is not a sales post.

The fact that this company had a broken reg system, didn't know it was broken until I told them, didn't know what to do about it, lost every domain I had entered into that system, and haven't replied to my last query tells me I don't need to be involved with these people in any way.

Here are my .com.ng domains:

boats.com.ng
check.com.ng
clean.com.ng
cleanwater.com.ng
comedy.com.ng
dictator.com.ng
dine.com.ng
dining.com.ng
ghost.com.ng
ghosts.com.ng
hamburger.com.ng
hamburgers.com.ng
hell.com.ng
humor.com.ng
links.com.ng
magic.com.ng
mall.com.ng
moneyorder.com.ng
peace.com.ng
piracy.com.ng
pirate.com.ng
pirates.com.ng
planes.com.ng
pollution.com.ng
science.com.ng
visit.com.ng
war.com.ng

As I say, I had some MUCH better ones that they never put through - these were my 'test' domains to see if it actually worked.

First come, first serve. Only stipulation is that you can't keep them in my name. Don't know how to transfer with Upperlink yet, but we'll figure it out.

As a sidenote, what do you guys prefer? "Upperstink" or "Downerlink"?

Last edited:
•••
Anyone read the TOS?

Payment Obligations: Full payment is required in advance before hosting service is established. Web4Africa sends out invoices that are due every pay period. You are given fourteen (14) days to fully pay the invoice. If your initial payment was through Paypal subscription, your credit card will automatically be charged each renewal period unless cancelled. You warrant and represent that the information you supply in the Order Form (or other information that Web4Africa may require) is accurate and truthful. All payment-due notices will be sent by e-mail. No bills or invoices will be sent by postal mail or fax. If payment was not received by the due-date, your account will be suspended. To have your account re-established, you will need to pay the monthly fees, plus a late payment fee. There is a $35 fee for bounced checks and a $45 processing fee for illegitimate charge backs. Users who partake in the free domain registration promotional offer and cancel services within 1 year of their signup date are required to pay Web4Africa $8.50 for the domain registration fee.

I think this means you need to renew, and if you dont you will be charged $8.50/domain...Am I wrong?

•••
Anyone read the TOS?

Payment Obligations: Full payment is required in advance before hosting service is established. Web4Africa sends out invoices that are due every pay period. You are given fourteen (14) days to fully pay the invoice. If your initial payment was through Paypal subscription, your credit card will automatically be charged each renewal period unless cancelled. You warrant and represent that the information you supply in the Order Form (or other information that Web4Africa may require) is accurate and truthful. All payment-due notices will be sent by e-mail. No bills or invoices will be sent by postal mail or fax. If payment was not received by the due-date, your account will be suspended. To have your account re-established, you will need to pay the monthly fees, plus a late payment fee. There is a $35 fee for bounced checks and a $45 processing fee for illegitimate charge backs. Users who partake in the free domain registration promotional offer and cancel services within 1 year of their signup date are required to pay Web4Africa $8.50 for the domain registration fee.

I think this means you need to renew, and if you dont you will be charged $8.50/domain...Am I wrong?

Looks like that applies to people who bought hosting along with their .com.ng...at least I hope. I didn't use web4Africa though.

•••
I was wondering if it had to do with hosting, but it specifically says "for the domain registration fee"

I am about to register a bunch of domains, but dont want to have to pay for them no matter what next year...

•••
I was wondering if it had to do with hosting, but it specifically says "for the domain registration fee"

I am about to register a bunch of domains, but dont want to have to pay for them no matter what next year...

On their site:
Web4Africa Nigeria is offering .ng domain name registration, for free, as a limited time offer. This offer is only available to clients hosting with us.

I think the time for the free NSA .com.ng's is over.

•••
I don't know, guys. Hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't feel right. You might watch your paypal and credit card accounts.

•••
its over i think, anyway good info, also is there any parking site that accepts Nigerian domains

•••
You don't need to enter payment info to register. In a pinch if they demanded a fee, you could theoretically tell them to go suck wind.

You don't even need to set a password, they automatically generate one.

If they were looking to get into your Paypal account, they'd at least make you set a password so they could try to log into Paypal with your e-mail/password combo.

Speaking for only myself, they have nothing from me now that they couldn't get from running a WhoIs on one of my domains...

Last edited:
•••
I didn't pay anything, gave them my junk email and read the TOS and will transfer out after 60 day period. It was a bit confusing but I was able to set the nameservers and had to set the domain to lock myself. I would never have seriously considered such a ccSLD but I was bored and wanted to see if I could find one quickly that was unregistered with traffic. 2 days made $1.12 so if this keeps up, it could potentially pay for a .com reg or renewal within a week. :hehe:

•••
it's just like winning the lotto .......should i expect an email

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back