Domain Empire

F***ED AGAIN BY GODADDY & TDNAM !!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Unbelievable, unreal, and I just can not get over this.

For background information, please refer to these threads:
http://www.DNF/showthread.php?t=203502
http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/282585-what-the-f-is-going-tdnam.html

After settling down over this matter, I get two more notices tonight that two more domains were "renewed" by the owner only to do a whois search and discover that the two names in question were again NOT EXPIRED, NOT OWNED BY GODADDY, NOT REGISTERED WITH GODADDY, AND WERE WON 10 DAYS AGO, WERE RENEWED BY THE OWNER ON DECEMBER 14, 2006.

These happen to be .BIZ this time. So, what will the excuse be now...problem with .biz registry?

The following letter of outrage has been sent to Scott Loggins, original project manager and development manager for the TDNAM site, president@GoDaddy, legal@GoDaddy and TDNAM, disputes@GoDaddy and TDNAM. I will be filing complaints with ICANN (InterNIC) division of complaints for registrars along with the agencies and bodies mentioned in the enclosed letter:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not believe this crap is even happening...AGAIN!

That is exactly how I feel, along with a great many domainers on DNF and NamePros and other sites.

Tonight I get two more messages. TRH.BIZ and PMU.BIZ have been renewed. Renewed? Not only were they renewed on or about December 14th, they were transferred away from GoDaddy on December 24th. Nearly a month later, someone at GoDaddy/TDNAM is waking up to this fact? Fact? It's a damn fiasco!

These two domain that I received notice of tonight are registered to the same individual and are registered at MONIKER...JUST LIKE THE OTHER SIX YOU CLAIM WERE RECLAIMED!

How does this look to you:

5516640 near.info
Date Sold: 12/30/2006 04:23 PM 01/17/2007 (date taken away, ".info registry" problem)

5526425 fossil.info
Date Sold: 12/31/2006 04:04 PM 01/17/2007 (date taken away, ".info registry" problem)

5658606 ggw.info
Date Sold: 01/15/2007 02:27 PM
Reason: Owner reclaimed 01/15/2007 (notice not sent until 17th)

5651252 cmr.info
Date Sold: 01/14/2007 04:51 PM
Reason: Owner reclaimed 01/14/2007 (notice not sent until 17th)

5626687 pmu.biz Date Sold: 01/12/2007 12:18 PM
Reason: Owner reclaimed 01/12/2007 (notice sent on January 22, 10 days after the auction)

5626686 trh.biz Date Sold: 01/12/2007 12:18 PM
Reason: Owner reclaimed 01/12/2007 (notice sent on January 22, 10 days after the auction)

Not to mention adds.info which I had already deleted the status of.

This is inexcusable and pathetic service. What is it going to be now, a problem with the .biz registry?

What really burns my ass up is in the past, each and every time I made an error in the listing, or put a typo, and the domain sold but I had to reclaim it, not only did I not get paid but you TDNAM charges me a $10.00 administrative fee for my screw ups. Yet you offer no compensation other than OOPS!

Not only that, on one occassion TDNAM went into my PayPal account, an action that I did not authorize, and deducted a payment months after the auction was over and the domain had expired because a lame ass buyer ignored each and every email from me and TDNAM. Not once did anyone on TDNAM's end even bother to contact me or get the facts. You just simply took the jerk at his word and went into my account and deducted his payment.

Where in your Universal Terms of Agreement does it mention that GoDaddy/TDNAM has the authority to list for sale as expired domain names that are not actually expired? Where in your Universal Terms of Agreement does it mention that GoDaddy/TDNAM has the authority to list for sale domain names that are actually the property of another registrar and not the property of GoDaddy? If they are they somewhere in your universal terms of service then, by golly, I missed the hell out of that clause.

You and the staff of TDNAM have permitted, even after assurances were given, the auctioning off of domain names not expired and not the property of GoDaddy for weeks now.

Regardless of who, what, or why this happened, tying up my funds, sending out blatant lies about "reclaimed" or "renewed" does not cover this matter very well. In your emails sent to me, there is one line I would like to call your attention to; "We're sorry you did not win this domain." There must be some confusion...I did win this domain. GoDaddy auctioned off an expired domain, I placed the high bid, I won. I could now take this domain and dispute and contest its ownership based on that simple fact. But I won't. The domain is not mine and I do not want to trouble the rightful and legal owner over issues and problems created by TDNAM/GoDaddy.

This will be the beginning of the end, beyond a doubt, of my association and affiliation with TDNAM/ GoDaddy. But this will in no shape or form be the end of this matter and this issue. I will pursue other avenues and means to file a grievance and complaint with appropriate authorities and governing agencies that oversee the conduct of registrars including any agency of local, state, and federal jurisdiction, to include the State Attorney General's Office in the States of Arizona and North Carolina as well as the Better Business Bureau of said locales.

In time I will close out my GoDaddy account and reseller account and transfer all my domains elsewhere. In the meantime, I currently have 246 domains listed for sale for sale on TDNAM. Please remove these from TDNAM's listing and database. In addition, I am awaiting the transfer of two auctions won into my account. Please transfer those into my account without delay once proven that the domains do not in fact belong to someone else or are registered to another registrar.

I am sorry for the tone and language, but I assure you this is quite toned down and subtle in comparison to how I actually feel over this matter.

Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wasn't there a TV show called Eight is Enough? Well this was number 7 and 8 for me.

In speaking with the rightful owner, there are perhaps 200 domains out there that are facing the same fate as my eight. Thus far, from the different forums, I know of two other domainer who have encountered this.

I am not sure my barking is going to amount to anything or be heard, but I will not tolerate this service.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happened to me several times. Just recently with webx.info, and in the past with several names that I don't recall at the moment. It's an ongoing issue with them, and unfortunately they dont have a large organization to keep them in check - ICANN doesn't do anything about it.

•••
labrocca said:
Good luck. Glad this story got out. I been saying for a long time Godaddy wasn't all that.
It is a story that I wish had never happend let alone to have gotten out. To have to deal with these same matters again and again...deja vu?

•••
It just proves that the wrong (illegal?) actions, even when done from the major player in the industry, are not remaining to be a secret forever.
Parson's motto of: "Customer First" has faded into a hallow statement, he's more concerned with PR activities, a Radio Show and other presentations that manifest his looks as an exotic company that drives the domain industry. Unfortunately, in the meantime they have treated respectable domains like dirt and started to become careless. While i have to say that nothing bad has happened to me,...yet, the story line here is reason enough to look into other options. I find it hard to believe that GD doesn't know about this scenario and the dark clouds that are starting to form on the horizon, it stands to reason that they just simply give a rats a$$.

•••
labrocca said:
Basically they need to be heavily fined and sanctioned for this. For them to knowingly auction off names they don't own is an outright FRAUD. Contact the attorney general over this asap. Get a signed affidavit from Creeker and you need to save all emails (with headers) and communications.

Hmmm, the letters "FTC" come to my mind about that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back