Domain Empire

news Epik LLC Completes Transfer of Epik.com from Epik Holdings Inc.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Epik LLC has acquired and transferred Epik.com and the associated domain management platform from Epik Holdings Inc.

Epik Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2009 by current Chairman Robert Monster, whose tireless efforts built Epik.com into one of the world's most recognizable domain registrars, best known for its commitment to free speech and privacy. Monster invested aggressively to build one the industry’s leading domain management platforms with a worldwide customer footprint and a reputation for legendary support.

Read Press Release

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It was suggested I check the masterbucks site (never used it before) and I see the correct number is displayed there. However, it is unclear to me how to use those funds to renew names. I will update if/when I figure it out.
Did you see this post?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...terbucks-wallet.1284050/page-329#post-8939831

Or this letter from scumbag Brian Royce -

1686535656661.png

•••
Masterbucks balances have been blocked from withdrawal since late 2022.

I don't see any reason to believe they are going to get paid out, ever.

"New" Epik certainly doesn't believe it is their obligation. If ICANN approves the assignment to them, without these liabilities, who is going to pay them?

For "New" Epik to exist all these customer liabilities will be left behind.

Brad
My life history includes a stint attending law school.

I've got 3 highly qualified lawyers in my immediate family and my old school rolodex includes over 75 attorneys nationwide that have represented me (successfully) in a large amount of cases.

Tomorrow morning I will start the wheels grinding.

•••
Masterbucks balances have been blocked from withdrawal since late 2022.
Yeah, no withdrawals for over 6 months.
At the time (I think until very recently) it was still possible to transfer those funds to Epik In-store credit. But that's totally irrelevant because:
a) even when you could, Epik wasn't honoring many transactions,
b) you can't do it now anyway.
:(
I don't see any reason to believe they are going to get paid out, ever.
The only possible hope I see is that RM specifically stated he was keeping MB (in the press release). I wondered why on earth he would do that when all MB has is massive liabilities and no assets. The only reason I could come up with is that Rob has some idea that maybe one day he will come into money (maybe these possible crypto investments come good - if they exist???) and he has a dream to pay back the customers then. That sort of thinking wouldn't be beyond Rob. But we should be clear that the possibility of this happening is probably a tiny fraction of a percentage.

•••
Or this letter from scumbag Brian Royce
He should bow down to whatever god he prays to thanking him/her/it he did not send that letter to me.

•••
Yeah, no withdrawals for over 6 months.
At the time (I think until very recently) it was still possible to transfer those funds to Epik In-store credit. But that's totally irrelevant because:
a) even when you could, Epik wasn't honoring many transactions,
b) you can't do it now anyway.
:(
Or, Epik moves it around when it is convenient for them.

You know to in-store credit so you can't withdraw it, then back to Masterbucks so they can exclude it.

Since then, my funds have been moved between their companies at their discretion. Initially, they were transferred from Masterbucks to In-Store Credits, effectively preventing me from making any withdrawals. Then, a couple of months ago, the funds were moved from In-Store Credits back to Masterbucks, seemingly to shift the debt from the new Epik entity to the old one.

Last edited:
•••
My life history includes a stint attending law school.

I've got 3 highly qualified lawyers in my immediate family and my old school rolodex includes over 75 attorneys nationwide that have represented me (successfully) in a large amount of cases.

Tomorrow morning I will start the wheels grinding.
i like you! How have i not followed you, yet.

•••
You know to in-store credit so you can't withdraw it, then back to Masterbucks so they can exclude it.
Yeah. Even after reading every single 300+ pages of the other thread, and all the things that went on, some of the latest revelations still really blow my mind.

•••
•••
Brian would have been getting paid thousands of dollars.

Epik had $100,000 and had to pay $6 million, and Rob explained that Epik should have had more than $2 million?

Epik.png

•••
This is what I see displayed:

"Masterbucks Cashout Hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm EST excluding US Holidays. Our team will work as quickly as possibly to get your funds in your hands, but please understand that some cashouts may require manual review which may lead to a delay. As always, thank you for your patience! #BeEpik"

So they want me to get into the que to get my funds? That seems like a pretty long line and I would be bringing up the rear. For now, how about putting those funds into my in store account so I can renew my names.
WAiting since 29 May

Attachments

• terbucks - Be The Master of Your Money copy.jpg
    terbucks - Be The Master of Your Money copy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 75
•••
WAiting since 29 May
Did you have to jump through the KYC hoops and send your personal info to that questionable 'clearing house'?

•••
Or, Epik moves it around when it is convenient for them.

Brad why do you think Rob paid Kathleen? I am glad he did, but I wonder if that holds hope for others to get paid or it was just a one off payment.

•••
Brad why do you think Rob paid Kathleen? I am glad he did, but I wonder if that holds hope for others to get paid or it was just a one off payment.
Potential legal exposure. It was just not feasible to get away from this specific transaction.

It was a straight US based escrow transaction, 8+ months ago.

It was well documented, including a letter from Brian Royce acknowledging the amount owned that never mentioned the term "Masterbucks".

It was reported all over the place, including with authorities like the Washington AG.

What about "everyone" else?

These were from Rob's own words in the exhibit -

RM5.jpg

"New" Epik, Rob Monster, and whoever else are more than welcome to make a statement on how they plan to make all these "other" victims whole.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Did you have to jump through the KYC hoops and send your personal info to that questionable 'clearing house'?
Haven't they been using this same KYC since late 2022, when Masterbucks came back after being shut down for "upgrades"?

Then again, at that point you had to do the KYC stuff and your funds were still blocked from withdrawal.

Ask someone like @Igor Gabrielan how long his funds have been blocked from withdrawal.

So it really didn't matter if you went through the KYC process or not, either outcome was the same...in most situations you were never able to withdraw your funds.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Epik LLC hasn't explained if they got 95% of calls answered and 5% voicemail returned within 2 hours June 5-9 2023.

•••
•••
Haven't they been using this same KYC since late 2022, when Masterbucks came back after being shut down for "upgrades"?

Then again, at that point you had to do the KYC stuff and your funds were still blocked from withdrawal.

Ask someone like @Igor Gabrielan how long his funds have been blocked from withdrawal.

So it really didn't matter if you went through the KYC process or not, either outcome was the same...in most situations you were never able to withdraw your funds.

Brad
I also filled KYC form, until now funds blocked! Since last year.

•••
I have not attempted a withdrawal since before the upgrades...Rob knew/knows who I am so KYC would not have been an issue.

•••
•••
I have not attempted a withdrawal since before the upgrades...Rob knew/knows who I am so KYC would not have been an issue.
Well, KYC is more of a formal requirement. In many situations it is required, especially with financial transactions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I remember the days when everyone on this forum (and some of you in this thread) promoted that shitty registar. This lasted for many years,I never understood what was the big deal abot it.
Those were muppets working for Epik....
God only knows how many accounts Monster and the other employees opened here to shill the company.

•••
Those were muppets working for Epik....
God only knows how many accounts Monster and the other employees opened here to shill the company.
I didn't promote Epik, and wouldn't have sold a domain with Epik Escrow.

•••
Email from Epik;

The past 10 months have been challenging at Epik. We're sorry for any inconveniences and frustrations that some of you may have experienced. The Epik domain platform is now under new ownership and management and moving forward we're committed to providing enhanced services and experiences for all Epik LLC users. To learn more about the transition, please read our press release.

We're contacting you to provide a service update relating to service expectations in the near future:
  • All primary TLD registries are fully funded, ICANN has been made whole, and we are finalizing relationships with a handful of smaller ccTLD registries.
  • We're working with ICANN to solve any outstanding issues.
  • Our support team is up and running and working through a large volume of existing inquiries. We're answering emails in 1 to 2 business days. We're answering nearly all calls in real time. Overnight chat support will be back online next week.
  • In-store-credit can be spent in the online account.
  • We are making some large changes to the websites, our client account, and the admin portal. As a result, some things may not work as expected. For example, Daily Diamond deals and NameLiquidate are currently under maintenance.
  • The new Epik support team is here to help! If you tried to contact us before June 5th and you have an urgent matter, we ask that you reach out again.
If you're having troubles with any part of the system, please reach out to our support team. We are committed to solving your problems! We appreciate your patience as we strive to provide an excellent domain experience.

Epik LLC

•••
The Epik domain platform is now under new ownership and management
Prove it "new" Epik.

Why the need for extreme secrecy?

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back