Dynadot

registries Domain name registry Afilias dumps planned IPO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
I thought there was something more to it in the article on .color(s), but I wasn't following the markets as closely as I should. The True Colors of TLD's is my perception between the price of domains and the correlation that more consumers would approve of them more if they were lower priced.
Registry had planned to float in November.
Was it Afilias attempting to pump the numbers to obtain a higher share price on their IPO or was it a mere coincidence that they decided to unload all the .color(s) they could in Japan before the end of the 2014 year, following in the footsteps of XYZ? (GMO Registry does have the 3rd most .XYZ registrants)
Domain name registry Afilias has pulled plans for a $100 million initial public offering, as reported by Domain Incite this morning.
A company spokesperson told Domain Incite, “The final decision to cancel the IPO was based on market conditions at the time.”
Full Article: http://domainnamewire.com/2015/01/06/domain-name-registry-afilias-ipo/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back