Dynadot

Common phrases | Opinions please

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mokahontas

Impact
Hi everyone!
I am new here, but I've been reading this forum for almost two months now (I promised myself not to purchase any domain before I complete three-months learning period).
So, I was wondering what is your opinion about names which are some common phrases?

Examples:

* lovelife.com
* findyourself.com
* staypositive.com
* livelovelaugh.com ... etc..

Are those names worth investing? I actually found few 2word phrases I would like to own, but search volume is low - 1000-2000/mo. Seperately, every word have large search volume, but together - just couple thousands.

Thank you!

(and sorry for my English, its not my primary language and when it comes to grammar, I am master of disaster :D)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two words like staypositive.com is good. But, one word english is still the general choice. For example: BUY word and SELL word, like BUY.com, BUY.me, BUY.co. It's really worth every nickel of your investment. Unfortunately, it was taken long time ago.. You could find other words. Be creative.

•••
Heyya, I'm quite new to namepros too and mostly been learning here for the last few months on top of other things. You will find common phrases being registered left and right and I believe most of them are useful to affiliate marketers. I can provide links or other resources later if I come across them as I'm just responding from memory of previous readings/searches.

All best.

•••
Like the mokahontas btw hehe =D

•••
Thanks guys!

Yeah, I know that one word domains are holly grail, but my intuition tells me that those(and similar) have some potential with right end-user. I was thinking about possibilities and potential buyers - selfhelp oriented sites, support groups, blog, slogan and so on.

cmdomains, I would appreciate that. I love this nickname, but its already taken - some coffee related site.

•••
Mike Berkens has sold numerous 'phrase' domains. Many could be used as a straight out brand, others as call-to-action names or slogans. I have a dozen or so in my portfolio and some regularly receive interest.

Here are some recorded 'Phrase' domain sales:

JustNow.com – sold for $50,000
GetStuffDone.com – sold for $40,000
BeFirm.com – sold for $35,000
VeryExclusive.com – sold for $30,000
MakeItPop.com – sold for $25,000
SharpMind.com – sold for $25,000
ExpectTheUnexpected.com – sold for $25,000
FindMyMoney.com – sold for $24,888
LookListen.com – sold for $24,000
AllDay.com – sold for $22,500
LoveYourJob.com – sold for $22,500
RockMyWorld.com – sold for $20,000
LoveYourWork.com – sold for $20,000
ComeHere.com – sold for $20,000
JustWatch.com – sold for $20,000
TakingOff.com – sold for $20,000
FullStory.com – sold for $20,000
StepOnUp.com – sold for $18,888
LoveToDream.com – sold for $18,888

•••
I saw some of these before and I love them, especially ExpectTheUnexpected.com

Btw, I checked yours, FindMotive.com is my favourite.

•••
I saw some of these before and I love them, especially ExpectTheUnexpected.com

Btw, I checked yours, FindMotive.com is my favourite.

Thanks. Send me an offer via PM :)

•••
Such phrases have tremendous value for companies (if you can wait for the right buyer)

•••
Mike Berkens has sold numerous 'phrase' domains. Many could be used as a straight out brand, others as call-to-action names or slogans. I have a dozen or so in my portfolio and some regularly receive interest.

This is pretty awesome thanks for sharing. Goes to show you that these catchy names are definitely trending up. It will become a simple task of finding the right type of combination. Many of these will not depend on search volume or many of the normal factors we tend to look at when determining the value of a domain.

Seems it will be more about being creative, passing the radio test and also is it a common phrase or something you are making up out of the blue. One thing is for sure when you get it right you are going to make a good profit. Interesting fact is I remember Frank Schilling talking about these being the future of domaining in a DomainSherpa.com Show he was in. I definitely agree with him and the time to get your hands on these is now.

- Will

•••
•••

Where were they sold at? Sedo?
I got DontBeMiserable.com - how much can I sell this and pls advise which is the best marketplace for these phrases? Thx

•••

That should help answer your question right there!

If you have the right phrase or saying, it looks like someone out there is willing to pay for it.

-Omar

•••
my favorite one english word .com always be takend.
i have to choose other suffix such as .biz, .cc, .me .
these days i attention the expired domains,when the domain deleted,i take the one which i want.

•••
i got a ngtld common phrase blackeyed.blue but the blackeyed peas or some other blackeyed giant put a trademark lock and i couldnt list it for sell it on any of the marketplaces so i let it expired

•••
This is pretty awesome thanks for sharing. Goes to show you that these catchy names are definitely trending up. It will become a simple task of finding the right type of combination. Many of these will not depend on search volume or many of the normal factors we tend to look at when determining the value of a domain.

Seems it will be more about being creative, passing the radio test and also is it a common phrase or something you are making up out of the blue. One thing is for sure when you get it right you are going to make a good profit. Interesting fact is I remember Frank Schilling talking about these being the future of domaining in a DomainSherpa.com Show he was in. I definitely agree with him and the time to get your hands on these is now.

- Will
gimme some of your happy juice!!

•••
Where were they sold at? Sedo?
I got DontBeMiserable.com - how much can I sell this and pls advise which is the best marketplace for these phrases? Thx
you can probly sell that to my husband he always tells me that when im in bi**&ch mode!!

•••

-------------------

I don't get it. They are long, they have no keywords, no memorable and certainly no traffic. WHAT makes these great for this kinda money??

•••
from Namebio-search:

GetARoom.com - $ 30,000

•••
Well getaroom can be good for hotel vacation industry and if developed would be memorable. I recently started using a retail realestate cite called cityfeet coz it name stuck in my head im sure no one search city feet but turns out the site new gets 3000 visit a day and is worth 56000 and its just a rental search site simple construction

•••
-------------------

I don't get it. They are long, they have no keywords, no memorable and certainly no traffic. WHAT makes these great for this kinda money??

They are common phrases used in everyday English. IMO they're quite memorable. Also, they can be used in various ways in various industries so a lot of possible end users. And there's traffic, too, not much but some.

•••
I have a few of them.
Ontop of my head right now is:

LeadershipArt.com
DirtyFilthyMoney.com

•••
Hi everyone!
I am new here, but I've been reading this forum for almost two months now (I promised myself not to purchase any domain before I complete three-months learning period).
So, I was wondering what is your opinion about names which are some common phrases?

Examples:

* lovelife.com
* findyourself.com
* staypositive.com
* livelovelaugh.com ... etc..

Are those names worth investing? I actually found few 2word phrases I would like to own, but search volume is low - 1000-2000/mo. Seperately, every word have large search volume, but together - just couple thousands.

Thank you!

(and sorry for my English, its not my primary language and when it comes to grammar, I am master of disaster :D)

It may be a way to go.
But dont make them to much long-tail though.
Imo they should also to a certain degree be able to reflect goods, services or activities of some sort of business

•••
What do you think about arrivedatdestination? can be catchy because its being use with postal services and gps programs.

And dont steal it please ;)

•••
I've seen these phrases domains as a branding campaigns, some of them for 'big' companies..
I do too believe that phrases are a great invest for the long term.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back