Dynadot
Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
".CO Gets (Free) NASCAR Exposure"
Code:
http://www.elliotsblog.com/co-gets-nascar-exposure-0797

•••
@JBLions

The article also talks about the "2nd Super Bowl commercial in a row" which happened earlier this month.

Ok, they added some new info, to an old pr piece. At the same time, they should have removed the urls that don't even resolve, z.co, k.co, that's not a good look and remove the old information about Overstock. Because leaving a failure in a pr piece is kinda sloppy.

•••
Does anybody know if the LLL.co buyout is still holding?

•••
Does anybody know if the LLL.co buyout is still holding?

I'm not 100% certain but I see a lot of expired auctions on Godaddy and so people are dropping them but they are being bought as far as I can tell in the $30-40 range. These are pretty ugly ones too.

•••
I'm not 100% certain but I see a lot of expired auctions on Godaddy and so people are dropping them but they are being bought as far as I can tell in the $30-40 range. These are pretty ugly ones too.

Wow, would've thought they were less for the bad ones. It may just hold.

I wouldn't have expected the buyout to hold at this point in time. :gl:

:wave:

•••
Noticed Towel.CO is in Sedo Escrow. Wonder what it went for...

•••
•••
Is a hyphen, two words (with 80K+ "exact" global searches) .CO worth buying? The hyphen .com is redirected to a big company website. The words are generic, not TMed.

•••
Is a hyphen, two words (with 80K+ "exact" global searches) .CO worth buying? The hyphen .com is redirected to a big company website. The words are generic, not TMed.

I wouldn't...but that's just me B-)

•••
Never would do that with .co. If it is a hand-reg, Ok. Developing, yes. OK. Otherwise forget about it. If you want to sell .co you have to have the BEST keywords. That is the state of the market.

•••
Godaddy just ran the .co commercial during the daytona 500. Figured y'all might like that :D

•••
Godaddy just ran the .co commercial during the daytona 500. Figured y'all might like that :D

Commercial also showing now on London T.V Channel's

•••
Has anyone else noticed an upsurge in inquiries?

I went sometimes a month or two with no bites then in the last 3 days I get 4 inquiries for different .co domains. 2 of them for lll.co and the other 2 for single word brandable....all from end users...well one I'm not sure of.

•••
It's a hand-reg (all other extensions taken). I regged it. I think it suits the .co extension.

The name is Supply-Chain.co

The .com redirects to Gartner dot com. There's a chance they might be interested?

Worth keeping? Or should I grace delete?

Never would do that with .co. If it is a hand-reg, Ok. Developing, yes. OK. Otherwise forget about it. If you want to sell .co you have to have the BEST keywords. That is the state of the market.

•••
It's a hand-reg (all other extensions taken). I regged it. I think it suits the .co extension.

The name is Supply-Chain.co

The .com redirects to Gartner dot com. There's a chance they might be interested?

Worth keeping? Or should I grace delete?

Grace delete.

I would never register a domain based on the thought that the owner of another extention might buy it.

•••
Ok. But I didn't buy it just because of the owner of the .com is a big company. That was just for reference, and maybe a potential buyer. Like I said that the name suits the .co extension too.

Also, there are 80K+ "exact" global searches for "supply chain". Plus there are 4 million results on Google for "supply chain company".

So I thought it might be worth keeping. All other extensions are taken, even with the hyphen. My only problem is with a hyphen .co. Without the hyphen I would have no problem keeping it.

Grace delete.

I would never register a domain based on the thought that the owner of another extention might buy it.

Last edited:
•••
@Keith

You should always search for potential buyers before acquiring a name. It;s not mandatory but it helps a lot to do research.

@Nparab

You didn't do anything that stupid, stupid would have been to register dfgdfgdf.co just because dfgdfgdf.comis registered(no kidding, it really is :)). You have plenty of end-users for this and the potential ratio that you might benefit is pretty nice to me( you can lose 10-20$ reg fee but you can win easily a few hundred dollars if you hit the right end-user, its not easy).

•••

I went sometimes a month or two with no bites then in the last 3 days I get 4 inquiries for different .co domains. 2 of them for lll.co and the other 2 for single word brandable....all from end users...well one I'm not sure of.

Where are you getting this exposure from? I have had a few of my names up on SEDO and no bites. Single word LLL.co names with make an offer/low price (at least in my opinion) and still no bites.
I am just wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Cheers

•••
Where are you getting this exposure from? I have had a few of my names up on SEDO and no bites. Single word LLL.co names with make an offer/low price (at least in my opinion) and still no bites.

Cheers

Are you sure your names are high quality?

•••
Ok :) Thanks.

@Keith

You should always search for potential buyers before acquiring a name. It;s not mandatory but it helps a lot to do research.

@Nparab

You didn't do anything that stupid, stupid would have been to register dfgdfgdf.co just because dfgdfgdf.comis registered(no kidding, it really is :)). You have plenty of end-users for this and the potential ratio that you might benefit is pretty nice to me( you can lose 10-20$ reg fee but you can win easily a few hundred dollars if you hit the right end-user, its not easy).

•••

Cheers

All of my pages are very simple with just the domain name and an email link for direct contact.

I think maybe parking pages put people off and ad revenue is so negligible that it doesn't even count. I made less than $10 in parking revenue last year for my .co domains so I would rather have an end user contact me directly and know who I am dealing with and pay less in bull$hit fees when I make a sale.

The downside to this is you may get more inquiries but they are not all serious because it's so easy to contact you.

•••
@Keith

You should always search for potential buyers before acquiring a name.

I've never done that before a purchase. I buy domains based on many things but one of them is not because google shows me a few "potential" endusers.

Nowadays I buy quality on the aftermarket with a few new regs sprinkled in here and there (.com of course).

As for supply-chain.co...it would be questionable without the hyphen. Add that and you should be running to grace delete IMO.

•••
Are you sure your names are high quality?

I would think most single word lll.co are of a decent quality.

In fact, PM me what you've got, Jack, if you are looking to get rid of them at reseller prices.

•••

I've had a couple lowball offers on a LLL.CO but when I countered (with a low $xxx price) it was immediately denied! haha

•••
I've never done that before a purchase. I buy domains based on many things but one of them is not because google shows me a few "potential" endusers.

Nowadays I buy quality on the aftermarket with a few new regs sprinkled in here and there (.com of course).

As for supply-chain.co...it would be questionable without the hyphen. Add that and you should be running to grace delete IMO.

I didn't say buy only because you find end-users, you can find end-users for almost everything, but it's nice to know the market before you buy a name(similar sites, developed sites on niche, companies etc) and you know that.

The value is in aftermarket ofc but plenty of decent hand reg names( not only .com), this is against an issue between geo clients, americans tend to be very worried about almost anything that isn't .com while europeans and asians are open minded and educated regarding cctld and weaker gtlds than dawt com which makes them a great market. of course, that is just my view.

Regarding the hyphen in the name, it is obviously worse than without hyphen but that doesn;t mean it's worthless, just worth a lot lower. Plenty of hyphenated names sold.

Cheers and GL.:imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back