IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Fi.co" certainly could be a TM issue depending on usage.
Brad
As Brad says, there isn't a real TM issue.

While FICO.com is about credit scoring
Fair Isaac Corporation (NYSE: FICO) is a public company that provides analytics and decision making services —including credit scoring— intended to help financial services companies make complex, high-volume decisions.

FI.co is Founder Institute for entrepreneurs
The Founder Institute aims to improve the rate of startup success by providing high-potential entrepreneurs with expert training, critical objective feedback, and peer support.

Last edited:
•••
But fortunately, fi.co contains a dot. I have not seen a trademark for fi(dot)co. For all intents and purposes, fi is the important part here. It just so happens it's also a bit of a hack.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

UND.co is at auction over at Sedo. Currently at $900 US approximately. Not my name.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Noticed at Namejet.com on their "Backorder ...Today !" heading, they now include 3 .co third-level extensions for backorder: .com.co, .net.co and .nom.co. Kind of like so:

Backorder .co today!
com net org tv biz info mobi me co pro cc com.co net.co nom.co

I know, I quoted the fico sounds good part. It's because it's a pretty well known name, you probably heard it before. So I don't think there would be an issue unless they got into the same business as Fico. But again, it'll just drive some traffic to them, fico.com. And it looks like this wasn't a press release done by the company by itself, I guess a joint release with the registry.

•••
Your logic is flawed. Adding a dot does not mean that much for TM law.

Would these be TM issues Goog.le, Co.ke, Pep.si, etc.?

"Fi.co" certainly could be a TM issue depending on usage.

Brad
My logic is not flawed. It is not as black and white as you make it appear. You have to prove intent in any case. The dot makes it that much more difficult to prove mal-intent.

If the Slovenian "Pep" lumber company wants to own pep.si, Pepsi the company will have a hard time prying it away. All I see is "pep" and "si". I don't see "pepsi" here. The dot fractures the word pepsi. I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder, isn't it? Like I said, it's not so black and white.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting post by a DNF member:
I used to own 200.co 900.co 600.co and made good money on selling them. I've also sold several LLL.co sells with one not too long ago in the high x,xxx range.
Code:
http://www.DNF/f77/how-co-domains-trading-thread-469570.html#post2052264

•••
Interesting post by a DNF member:
Code:
http://www.DNF/f77/how-co-domains-trading-thread-469570.html#post2052264

Not bad at all. My star NNN got a high $xxxx offer yesterday. No way it's being let go for that!

•••
Not bad at all. My star NNN got a high $xxxx offer yesterday. No way it's being let go for that!

What's interesting is that neither of the above domains (200, 900, 600 and probably the LLLs) nor your 666.CO are landrush or other pre-general availability domains. They were all acquired for reg fee, so the ROI is/will be remarkable.

•••
What's interesting is that neither of the above domains (200, 900, 600 and probably the LLLs) nor your 666.CO are landrush or other pre-general availability domains. They were all acquired for reg fee, so the ROI is/will be remarkable.

Don't forget 800 which was just bought for the backorder fee of $85. That domain will sell for good money!

•••
Don't forget 800 which was just bought for the backorder fee of $85. That domain will sell for good money!

Yep, you're right, Keith. 800.co will also go for some big bucks. I think it is a $30-40,000 domain, maybe more. One of the best numbers, really.

If everyone saw the "Meet.me" sale for $450,000, you'll know that if you have excellent keywords that go well with the extension, the payoff can be big. Having excellent keywords,the "quality", is the big thing. That's roughly about 1% percent of all registered domains. This is the kind of business where if you don't have a knack for understanding what good names are, you shouldn't bother.

•••
Saw on flippa that hamptonbay.co sold for $5000
Is this real or scam?

•••
Saw on flippa that hamptonbay.co sold for $5000
Is this real or scam?

Site with the domain I am guessing?

I am not sure if it's a real sale, but I doubt it's a scam.

:wave:

•••
As Brad says, there isn't a real TM issue.

While FICO.com is about credit scoring

FI.co is Founder Institute for entrepreneurs

Unless you were just an idiot and put up a site related to FICO, they would have the burden of proof and as long as you stayed WAYYYYYY away from their subject matter they would have a very difficult time doing that. Read the case about AAA.com vs AAA.org and you'll see what I mean.

•••
Yep, you're right, Keith. 800.co will also go for some big bucks. I think it is a $30-40,000 domain, maybe more. One of the best numbers, really.

:o

Interesting point of view! :|

However, $30k-$40k or more is a lot in the .CO extension! Have you seen what prices are like for NNN.COM? .CO is not on that level... Despite whatever number it may be.

Regards,

•••

However, $30k-$40k or more is a lot in the .CO extension! Have you seen what prices are like for NNN.COM? .CO is not on that level... Despite whatever number it may be.

Regards,

Maybe very low $xxxx for a very motivated buyer but more likely in the mid $xxx.

888 on the other hand would have the Chinese buyers in.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Hey Nubi,

Yes, I see you point. However, a name like 800.com, could easily sell for $750000 or more. Out of the 900 NNN available, that is certainly top 5. I disagree that the type of number is not important in China. It's the ONLY thing that is important.

Keith's 666.co is probably the best NNN.co in terms of Chinese perspective. I'm not sure what 666.com would sell for in China, but I'm sure it would be a half mill, if sales of other NNN.com in China are any indication. .co is not as well known so it will obviously command a lot less. I've seen many NNN.com sales there in China. Numbers that have little meaning in the rest of the world are regularly selling there for mid to high $XXXXX. What can you say? The Chinese love their numbers...

I'm only talking about 800.co and 666.co and these are simply a couple of the best. Wouldn't expect 435.co to sell for more than 700-800 bucks there.

Regards,

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Yes, 888 is very good too. But 666 is extraordinarily popular in China. In the Western world it is the sign of the beast. Very negative. But in Asian countries, it is the exact opposite. Let me offer you a snippet from Chinatownconnection.com:

"666 - Six hundred and sixty-six is an interesting number. It is both extremely bad luck in Western culture but very good luck in many Asian cultures and Chinese culture. As everyone knows, according to the Christian bible, 666 is the number of the beast and is synonymous with Satan. 666 might actually be the most avoided number in Western culture, followed closely by the number 13. But in cultures in Asia, the pronunciation of 666 sounds very much like the phrase, "things going smoothly," and it is considered to be very lucky. Many shopkeepers will place a sign or plaque with 666 written or carved on it in their window as a good luck charm. The same goes for the front door of a home or apartment. In Western culture, 666 has appeared millions of times, almost universally in a bad connotation."

When shopkeepers in China (and how many of those are there....only a billion or so) are putting up signs with 666 for their luck in business, I'm all over 666. Get my drift? 666.co is worth $20000-30000, easy. It happens so rarely, but Keith hit a small jackpot with that one.

Maybe very low $xxxx for a very motivated buyer but more likely in the mid $xxx.

888 on the other hand would have the Chinese buyers in.

I mentioned a relevant 888 .com in my previous post which was deleted, slapped wrist. :)

Last edited:
•••
Hey Nubi,

Yes, I see you point. However, a name like 800.com, could easily sell for $750000 or more. Out of the 900 NNN available, that is certainly top 5.

Keith's 666.co is probably the best NNN.co in terms of Chinese perspective. I'm not sure what 666.com would sell for in China, but I'm sure it would be a half mill, if sales of other NNN.com in China are any indication. .co is not as well known so it will obviously command a lot less. I've seen many NNN.com sales there in China. Numbers that have little meaning in the rest of the world are regularly selling there for mid to high $XXXXX. What can you say? The Chinese love their numbers...
I believe the current owner wants $300k for 666.com. Either that or it was purchased for $300k by the current owner. I had contact with someone in China but hard to tell exactly because of broken English.

I believe 800.co will sell for low $xxxx. I just have a feeling :hehe:

As for 666 CO, I've literally had multiple offers everyday this week. I'm close to just letting it go and moving on!

Last edited:
•••
Some interesting comments on the NNN.co names, the 8 is by far the most popular number in China, as its the luckiest number. The more 8's it has in it, the luckier you will be, be it a domain name, phone number, street address, number plate etc etc

So 888.com would be worth more that 800.com, 600.com or 666.com (the same would apply to .CO). Im not saying it will always sell for more, but in terms of lucky numbers to the chinese, its the best combination you can get.

I chat to quite a few people from 4.cn and it's amazing the $$ they are willing pay for domains with 8's in them.

I was recently chatting to the owner of 886.com, who paid about USD $70,000 for it, to see if he was interested in my 886.co, but at the moment, all his money was going into his website and numerous other projects he has going on, he did make an offer, but not in the region I am looking at.

The number 8 is considered extremely lucky, perhaps partly owing to its unique symmetry, and perhaps partly owing to the fact that the 8, laid on its side, resembles the Greek symbol for infinity. Additionally, in Mandarin Chinese, the sound byte for "eight" is close to that for "prosperity, wealth", while in Cantonese it is similar to the sound byte for "fortune". To give an idea of how highly the number 8 is prized, the telephone number 8888-8888 was sold for a sum corresponding to USD $270,723 in Chengdu , the capital of China's Sichuan Province. Even the Chinese government got caught up in the euphoria over the number 8 in this olympic year, 2008: the opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in Beijing began on the eigth of August (08/08/08), at precisely 8 minutes and 8 seconds past 8 PM, local Beijing time!

Last edited:
•••
•••
800.co could sell for a lot more in the West. It is the toll free number that everybody knows.

I believe the current owner wants $300k for 666.com. Either that or it was purchased for $300k by the current owner. I had contact with someone in China but hard to tell exactly because of broken English.

I believe 800.co will sell for low $xxxx. I just have a feeling :hehe:

As for 666 CO, I've literally had multiple offers everyday this week. I'm close to just letting it go and moving on!

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

$250000 is quite nice, in my opinion. Albeit two years ago. However, that doesn't change my opinion that 800.co can go for $30,000. That amount fits the current .co market.

•••
A fact =A fact, and...

Splitting hairs = Splitting hairs (with constant guessing and adjusting official sales prices) ... This is what is making this topic go in circles.

•••
A fact =A fact, and...

Splitting hairs = Splitting hairs (with constant guessing and adjusting official sales prices) ... This is what is making this topic go in circles.

Hey Bud. I hardly think that's splitting hairs and frankly, I don't know what you are insinuating. It's rumour that Circuit city bought 800.com for 1.8 Mill. It was sold at auction for $250000. And? OK. This is getting into circular arguments again...

No one is adjusting sales prices. I only gave my opinion.

Where do you get all this BS from? Your Pisces world? If you're accusing me of something, better not write it in hidden text. Makes you look like you're trolling.

Last edited:
•••
Hey Bud. I hardly think that's splitting hairs and frankly, I don't know what you are insinuating. It's rumour that Circuit city bought 800.com for 1.8 Mill. It was sold at auction for $250000. And? OK. This is getting into circular arguments again...

No one is adjusting sales prices. I only gave my opinion.

Where do you get all this BS from? Your Pisces world? If you're accusing me of something, better not write it in hidden text. Makes you look like you're trolling.

:o Calm down- what happened here? No one is accusing anybody of anything! Read into what you will. :notme:

So why must you resort to attacking my .CO? :hehe: That's uncalled for! :blink:

No one is trolling, or rolling.

You are getting angry, and attacking-I believe you have become what you claim others to be!

:hearts:

•••
Belief and fact are two different things. Using suggestive language is the problem (and yes, we can read between the lines when it is thinly veiled). I have every right to defend myself. You claimed I was giving false data and I gave opinion. That's that.

I do recall this "with constant guessing and adjusting official sales prices". HMMMMM....what would anyone make of that?

BTW, I think Pisces.co is a very good name. Astrology is a very hot topic. Has been and will be.

:o Calm down- what happened here? No one is accusing anybody of anything! Read into what you will. :notme:

So why must you resort to attacking my .CO? :hehe: That's uncalled for! :blink:

No one is trolling, or rolling.

You are getting angry, and attacking-I believe you have become what you claim others to be!

:hearts:

Last edited:
•••
What has been your ROI on .co?!

•••
You have to be careful with 6 in Cantonese as the sound is different to Mandarin and as such may not be considered to be too good in certain parts of China towards the south.

2's and 8's in combination are usually good 228 for instance means easy easy wealth.

888 is by far the best and I saw a the car number plate HK888 (Hong Kong) sell for $xxx,xxx 20+ years ago.

•••
Sale @ Sedo:

Fotos.co $1860

A nice sale. However, I think Foto.co is a lot nicer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back