IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so to list a name it costs ten dollars and then you pay for a logo or supply or own, is it ten dollars a name or account , is it an annual fee / love to know a little more ........only dot coms ?

•••
BrandBucket updated their terms that you agree to an NDA, you are not allowed to say what your names sold for on Brand Bucket.
I'll be happy to edit/delete my post if I decide to list with them and if it sells, per what Morgot herself said.
We are OK with you disclosing which names you have for sale (in fact we are currently working on a way that you can have a link on BrandBucket that shows only your names, so that you can link to it, pass it on, etc.).

What our seller policy prohibits is you mentioning the name and the sale price together once a domain is sold. Our buyers want to be able to control where this information is, so we/they can't go chasing around threads and asking for things to be removed for privacy.

•••
so to list a name it costs ten dollars and then you pay for a logo or supply or own, is it ten dollars a name or account , is it an annual fee / love to know a little more ........only dot coms ?

It cost $10.00 per listing, you can't use your own logo. Rates range from $100 to $500 and it does not come out of your own pocket. Yes, only .coms. Hope this helps!

•••
Anyone interested in sharing their opinion on one of my names that was accepted?

I'm worried that maybe I'm just too attached to the/my perceived value after all these years to make an objective decision.

The domain is: advrt.com (short for advert or advertisement). I think it would be an awesome name for an ad company personally.

The suggested listing price is: $2885 which, if everything left default, would pay out at $1910 after fees/commissions. Of course I can adjust it up 20% making it $3475 listing and $2335 payout.

In your opinion is this a fair valuation? It seems brandables makes it difficult to be objective lol. But it's one of my favorite names so I may be blinded by the love...

This is what I would do before listing it at BB:

1- Change your current BIN price to "make an offer".
2- Send out at least 50 emails to likely buyers.
3- Wait 2 months.

If nothing happens then list it with BB.

•••
It cost $10.00 per listing, you can't use your own logo. Rates range from $100 to $500 and it does not come out of your own pocket. Yes, only .coms. Hope this helps!

So a $100 is deducted at the sales point, is the listing continous or does it need to be topped up each year i wonder? I am assuming the ten dollar fee is charged once a name is accepted ?

•••
So a $100 is deducted at the sales point, is the listing continous or does it need to be topped up each year i wonder? I am assuming the ten dollar fee is charged once a name is accepted ?

Yes, your logo fee will be deducted from the domain's final purchase price. You don't need to pay your listing fee annually, it is good until the domain sells(and hopefully it won't take a year to sell). You will need to pay the $10 listing fee once the domain is accepted.

•••
Yes, your logo fee will be deducted from the domain's final purchase price. You don't need to pay your listing fee annually, it is good until the domain sells(and hopefully it won't take a year to sell). You will need to pay the $10 listing fee once the domain is accepted.

Many thanks !

•••
Nine pages in this thread and I can't find one sold price.
If BB lists sold prices on their website, I can't find it.

•••
They don't list sales prices, when you agree to their TOS you agree to an NDA on all sales.

@scilynt oh yeah you can list what you have for sale, I thought you said let's post sales prices.

•••
some sales are listed in sales report thread. those are all b4 this nda made

•••
They do not mention the price and sellers are also not allowed to publish sold names and prices as per their TOS.

But all names sold at BB are four figures and higher.

You can find the sold names if you click the last pages of the listings at BB.
Sold names have a red "sold" label.
Currently there are total 39 pages of domain listings and pages 29 to 39 are 10 pages full of sold names which makes it over 600 sold names until today and i would say the average price is around $3000 per domain which makes it around $1.8 Million in sales (around $1.3 Million paid out to sellers and around $500K for BB)

•••
This is what I would do before listing it at BB:

1- Change your current BIN price to "make an offer".
2- Send out at least 50 emails to likely buyers.
3- Wait 2 months.

If nothing happens then list it with BB.
I like this idea, and I really should actively market my domains more but it's more difficult to find "likely buyers" since with these brandables you are targeting companies/apps/websites that do not exist yet.

There definitely could be interested companies in the advertising sector that would be interested, maybe even just for an ad server domain lol, but most of those will have already had their branding work done so harder to sell "brandables" to established companies.

Hence the reason sites like BrandBucket can do very well if they target their marketing to startup incubators and such.

There are affiliate/ad companies popping up all the time that it could be an great name for but don't think there are any general gathering spots for them to market my domain to...or I just suck lol

•••
Anyone interested in sharing their opinion on one of my names that was accepted?

I'm worried that maybe I'm just too attached to the/my perceived value after all these years to make an objective decision.

The domain is: advrt.com (short for advert or advertisement). I think it would be an awesome name for an ad company personally.

The suggested listing price is: $2885 which, if everything left default, would pay out at $1910 after fees/commissions. Of course I can adjust it up 20% making it $3475 listing and $2335 payout.

In your opinion is this a fair valuation? It seems brandables makes it difficult to be objective lol. But it's one of my favorite names so I may be blinded by the love...

I saw advt.com (without the R) is listed on Sedo as featured domain for 25,000 $

•••
submitted nine names so it will be interesting to see how i go , no joy at sedo so it's good to try something, not too sure about having to pay for a logo .......seems a little unconventional to me when added to a 30% commission. I guess if the sales price is ok i don't mind , i guess if they sell i dont mind even less !

•••
Nice business model. The million pixel page of domaining :red:

•••
Nice business model. The million pixel page of domaining :red:

nah...
it wouldn't be worth it from that perspective.
the real money comes from the sales, not the $10 listing fees (which is a one time fee anyway). The "million pixel page" theory would only be the case if they would accept a lot more names (which of course would destroy the reputation of the site within weeks anyway). People are not stupid.

And they also don't make money from the logos.

Its already geting harder and harder to get a name accepted.
All my submitted names during the last days were rejected :/

Sometimes i regret that some people (me included) started these type of discussions about brandable names, brandbucket, etc. and this "hype" few months ago in this forum. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and submitting names and they are bombarded with thousands of names weekly, making it more and more difficult for those who were in to brandable names already years ago, and all these similar sites and BB-copycats popping up daily makes it even more difficult :D

•••
Gifted what are your thoughts on Namerific ? Seems like Zane is trying to do some different things like no NDA, no exclusivity and no listing fee.

•••
Its already geting harder and harder to get a name accepted.
All my submitted names during the last days were rejected :/

Sometimes i regret that some people (me included) started these type of discussions about brandable names, brandbucket, etc. and this "hype" few months ago in this forum. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and submitting names and they are bombarded ...
Obviously shelf space must be limited.

•••
Gifted what are your thoughts on Namerific ? Seems like Zane is trying to do some different things like no NDA, no exclusivity and no listing fee.

What i can confirm is that he is very fast in his replies, always professional and friendly (he seams to be active day and night lol when does this guy sleep ... ). And since his site seams to have been active since a very short time only, i do not expect an extremely high success rate within weeks or something, but if he keeps up the site, increases the marketing efforts (which he said is more Seo based) , i could see more and more sales, but i am not sure. Let's wait and see. A new site deserves a chance and some patience.

If you ask me personally, for me things like listing fee, NDA, exlusivity agreements, etc. are not important, as long as a site is successful with sales. I don't have any problem paying a listing fee (even if it should be $20 or more) or accept exclusivity agreements if i would see that the success rate of a site is very good and therefore i have a higher chance selling my names.

Brandbucket did that with proof in the past.
Proof is number of listings compared to number of sales.
I don't know any other site with this type of success rate.
No matter if we talk about keyword domains, brandable domains or any other type of domains. Millions of domains are up for sale and only few sell weekly, worldwide. So I don't agree with all the "complaints" about these things. I would agree if i should know that the complainers sold many brandable names theirselves or will do that in the near future, but i pretty much know that they most likely did not in the past and will not in the future.

And i don't agree that a site without listing fee, without NDA, without exclusive agreements, etc. is "better".

There is only thing that determines the superiority of a domain selling site: SALES ! thats all that counts. The rest are nice bonuses and extras, but not really that important.
Being friendly, fast, a free site, etc. is very good and nice. But i want to make money. If you can make money for me, you can be slow in your responses, your logo design can take few weeks, you can take a listing fee from me and you are even allowed to be not so friendly sometimes (not that BB is not friendly or something, just saying ...), ,,,I don't care, as long as you make money for me :)

Thats how it is with all type of businesses.
Don't forget that.

Last edited:
•••
Zane is up all night like myself, I actually had a long conversation with him Saturday which started at around 2 am my time. He was one of the biggest sellers on Brand Bucket according to him and worked there for a year. I think he has good insight to what is going on in the brandable boutique space.

•••
Sometimes i regret that some people (me included) started these type of discussions about brandable names, brandbucket, etc. and this "hype" few months ago in this forum. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and submitting names and they are bombarded with thousands of names weekly, making it more and more difficult for those who were in to brandable names already years ago, and all these similar sites and BB-copycats popping up daily makes it even more difficult :D

:talk:

lol GD

having regrets?

"now, they are bombarded with thousands of names weekly, making it more and more difficult"

that kinda sounds like the "spamming shit" I was trying to point out in that other thread.
where I said" if owned BB, i'd ban some for spamming"

but, hell yeah!
it's going to make it more difficult, not only to sell your brandables in that venue, but also justifying asking prices for the multitude of newly registered domain names that may sit next to yours.

would have been cool to have at least a "1yr registration" requirement for all submissions, so if mo-fo's be copying your shit, at least they'd have to wait a year before they could submit it.

it would help to build age on names and immediately reduce the number of copycat domains being submitted.

thus raising the bar of the business

imo...

•••
•••
@Biggie, Again, i do not agree with the 1yr registeration length, age of domains, etc.
People also keep crap domains for years.
I have seen garbage domains registered 1998 or something and kept until today (god knows why) and i have seen very nice brandable names registered few weeks ago.
Plus when you dropcatch names from pending delete lists, they lose the age and appear as "newly registered" anyway.

Age is not the problem. Quantity is.

•••
Hey all,

Thanks again for the lively conversation. I wanted to let you know that our most recent blog post talks about some BrandBucket statistics -- namely sales numbers and stats on submitted names. Check it out and please share. :)

http://www.brandbucket.com/blog/state-of-brandable-domain-names-june-2013/

Almost 1MILLION in sales in 2013 already? I am sorry I have to call BS.

I can believe most of what Margot B is saying but without a true sales list I just dont buy it. I was enjoying this thread until these pie in the sky figures were shown.

•••
Hey all,

Thanks again for the lively conversation. I wanted to let you know that our most recent blog post talks about some BrandBucket statistics -- namely sales numbers and stats on submitted names. Check it out and please share. :)

Thanks for the stats, it’s good to see that BrandBucket is getting better and more popular every year, I am sure that is going to benefit those who have a lot of names there already.

So far I have 21 domains accepted wih 15 being live already.

PS: Are we going to get some kind of perks if we reach a certain number of domains at BrandBucket. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back