Dynadot

Selling BrandableNames.com marketplace opens

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess the full link should be

http://dotwhatever.com/1brandablenames-com-launches-starts-off-2018-new-year-33-off-promo-offer/

Super cool domain name, to start with - Brandable Names is the mother of all brandable domains :)

Super ugly design, and slow loading on my side...

Super ugly logos...

Super confusing brandable domains ... PalmSpringsDuiAttorneys? LakeTravisProperty?

Well, personally I think that such a great domain name deserves a better design. Now it's all about marketing and promoting your new site! Good Luck! :)

•••
lorndan - Thanks for the link tip. Changed.

Unfortunately in life we can't please everyone, but thanks for your opinions.

•••
•••
lorndan - Thanks for the link tip. Changed.

Unfortunately in life we can't please everyone, but thanks for your opinions.

Ugh, don't have to get upset - I was just trying to constructively criticize your work so far. I'm sorry if I offended you, really.

•••
Ugh, don't have to get upset - I was just trying to constructively criticize your work so far. I'm sorry if I offended you, really.
Uhh... I didn't get upset, and I'm not offended. I just noted a reality of life. All is good.

•••
Looking good. Change the background of logo.

•••
Great domain. Very cheap looking design, most especially the logo on a white background then overlaid on the pink nav-bar. Amateur comes to my mind, and I don't mean that as a reflection on you or whoever built this. Just what my mind thinks when I visit a site designed like this.

On larger screens the full-width nav-bar and set-width body area looks/feels bad. Not easy for the eye to scan from top-to-bottom.

Big question - why are so many of the names on the homepage not very brandable? Many generic names there, and this defeats the purpose of the marketplace IMO.

You have between 3-5 seconds during which visitors will draw conclusions about your site, and I think you're doing yourself and this great domain a disservice by publishing some of those names. I also agree with comments around logos, although I do appreciate that getting decent logos for a large number of domains is not trivial.

I'd suggest you get some family members, friends or co-workers to open up your site and BrandBucket.com side-to-side and give you their impressions. I think you'll get some very valuable feedback.

With a fabulous domain to work with I think designing and building a great site and carefully filling your inventory could help you generate very significant and consistent revenue potential. As it stands now I think you're going to leave a lot of money on the table.

Hopefully this is just a start, and I wish you every success with this.

•••
site is fast enough for me
the design is well:
it will be hard to do is worse

•••
why are so many of the names on the homepage not very brandable? Many generic names there..
While some feel that only 'jumbled up letters', that make no sense, are brandables. We don't. Any name can be brandable, and especially generics.

And we admit that there are some listed names, as pointed out above, that are not 'brandable' per se, but they're still applicable to those fields of business, and...for sale!

•••
While some feel that only 'jumbled up letters', that make no sense, are brandables. We don't. Any name can be brandable, and especially generics.
What's your native language? If you cant pronounce it it cant be branded - I'm pretty sure no one would ever consider MNNKN.com, GGCCG.com or OBRW.com to be a brandable. Non-nonsensical typos like Somebodys.com also have no place IMO. Meanwhile, potential UDRP candidates like HiltonHeadResort.com aren't going to endear you to potential customers.

You asked for feedback, but it seems you aren't really interested in listening. Put yourself in the shoes of a buyer looking for a brandable domain. They might hear of your site and think it's the perfect fit. When they land there they are presented with a large number of non-brandable domains and rather unattractive logos. What type of impression will you make on those visitors?

You're not alone with the problem of publishing all your available on a single site, but when you've gone to the trouble and expense of getting such a great domain why not limit what you list to really good brandables? Why not set some high standards for yourself, and aim to do a better job than other brandable marketplaces currently out there?

•••
Good grief.. I'm not arguing with yours or anyone's feedback, I'm just pointing out alternate views on a couple of points people have made. Unfortunately there are lots of peeps here that get defensive and argue against any neg feedback, and so now everyone who rebuttals a feedback is quickly accused of "not wanting/interested in hearing any bad feedback". Not so here. I ask for feedback, and I take all feedback rationally. Some is good, and some is not so. And just because someone offered their pov, doesn't mean it's correct or constructive. Not everyone's negative, positive or disparaging feedback needs to be taken as 'the word' of what's right or wrong, as not every commentator here is an expert in everything here. I've gotten completely opposite feedback from others elsewhere on some of the comments here. Who's right or who's wrong? That is the info to be weighed on to make the best corrections. Hence why asking for feedback.

So peeps here really don't need to be so quick to jump down my (or others) throat just because an alternative rebuttal is offered to one's feedback reply. It's not always a defensive reply.

ps: as for HiltonHeadResort, there's no UDRP to worry about.
And my language is LA speak.

Last edited:
•••
I think Hawkeye has done a nice job with this site. Of all the domainer owned sites I've seen this is one of the best. I don't think it's fair to compare it with BB or BR etc which have been around for several years and have much bigger inventory, longer sales history and better cash flow for improvements and upgrades.

Nothing in life is perfect but I found the site to be cleanly designed, well organized and efficient. I found the page load speed on this site to be lightening fast even on the searches. The challenge will be to maintain speed if inventory gets bigger and when search results contain logos and graphics.

If it was my website/business I would reinvest any income from sales into upgrading the inventory rather than the website. The inventory is a bit spotty at present but with some careful management this site could be become a viable business and income stream for the owner.

I know a lot of hard work has gone into it already and I hope it pays off in the months and years to come.

Happy new year!

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on launch. I love the domain name BrandableNames.com. It is super cool. The website design is overall OK but it can be improved a lot.

The logo in hero section looks weird (or ugly to be precise) especially when you already have logo in navbar. I'd rather go for simple text/tagline something like A Marketplace for Brandable Domain Names (just an example) and a search box underneath.

Why images for USPs like memorable, unique etc? Why not just use icons like Font Awesome (fontawesome.com) or Feather SVG Icons (feathericons.com)? Images are visually disruptive and take more time to load (not good for SEO ranking). Icons are lightweight, beautiful and add visual-interest.

Also, you should improve website color scheme. Instead of using both dark colors, I'd rather use one dark and one light color to create color contrast. Bright colors always attract more attention, especially against dark. Use them sparingly to highlight the important parts of your design.

At the end, your website logo is completely outdated. Com'on, you own such a good domain name, spend some bucks to hire a good designer and get a new logo. Don't forget, your logo is your brand identity too. It should be unique, memorable and make a lasting impression.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back