NameSilo

Beware: Thenamepros.com, name-business.com, certifieddomainvalue.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
He actually responded back with the same script. :blink:

•••
I got the very same email this morning. It's a 100% scam.

•••
SCAM Alert!!! I received the same email.

•••
Same here, I told them that they could buy my domain for 9 camels and a case of beer;)

•••
wow how lame , that so call forum page they sent you - pretty funny actually

•••
Beware of this guy;
"Ryan Gralinski" <[email protected]>

Targeting Sedo and Afternic
Just parked some names, and boom I get pretty much same e-mail.
Requesting me to get appraisal for a domain that his client wanted.
He wanted to get the deal done fast, but wouldn't do deal if there wasn't an appraisal from his preferred list!
Right off the bat, it didn't seem right.

I just want to punch him :)
Just joking!
I mean strangle him :)
Just joking!

You get what I mean?

Last edited:
•••
•••
here we go. listed a .mobi domain at sedo and on ebay 2 days ago and got the email....
from Jerome Miller [email protected]

Hello,
>
> Our client offers a good price for your domain. Please email us your
> desired
> price in USD or euros.
>
> Moreover, they can also pay all escrow fees if necessary. If you have
> other
> names for sale please email us for consideration.
>
> Can we get your answer this week if possible?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jerome Miller
>
> Web Name Business Corp.

I responded him this:
Its on ebay auction.
You are welcome to bid on it.
"link to auction"
thanks

He wrote again:

"Can you accept 10,000 USD?

Our client has a 50,000 USD budget for several names. Have you had your domain names evaluated by certified valuation experts in the past? Even if your domain has no web site it's possible to appraise it. Without a valuation certificate our client cannot be sure in the sale price. Moreover, our accountant and tax services always ask for valaution certificates. On the other side, it's very important for him in terms of reselling too. Of course, we must engage an independent valuation company with a real manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources our client trust. We don't have certified experts in domain valuations and use independent reliable companies for appraisals.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and
buyers:
thenamepros.com/Archive/30865149.htm

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly..

After you send us the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue the process. Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name? Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply"

I answered:
Yea I am very familiar with that trick. I don’t care how much it will sell for on ebay. Just go bid on it. You want to evaluate it first? Please go ahead and go evaluate it before bidding wherever you trust to. I am several years in this biz....You like the domain? you go bid on it. You don’t like it...someone else will.
Thanks...

Now waiting for next respond lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Beware of Appraisal Scam

Hey Everyone,

I got a message from someone named Edward Feinstein claiming to be the CEO of some company called Web Name Business Corp. He said that he had a client that was interested in once of my domains and would like me to send them a price.

I knew right away that this was a scam, but I decided to play around a bit (you know, to waste his time). I replied with a ridiculous figure and got a reply back the next day saying that my price was accepted (lol!) but the buyer would like the name appraised first. I replied back and said for them to go ahead and get the appraisal and we'll take the cost off the final price. He then replied back saying this is not how to do business and pointed me to the following forum thread to give me more information about appraisals:
thenamepros.com/Archive/40726385.htm

It basically says that the reliable sources like Afternic, Sedo and GoDaddy are terrible and that I should use some service that i've never heard of before. It suggests I use the following site: CertifiedDomainValue.com

I wrote back saying that i've never heard of the site and that I was going to use Sedo to get it appraised. He was quick to write back stating that his client will only accept an appraisal from a source that he trusts and that he only trusts CertifiedDomainValue.com

Lol, I suppose I could have kept going leading on the scammer, but i'd had enough by that point and sent him one more message back telling him that I was going to make it my mission to make sure that he doesn't make another dime off of this scam.

If you see any of these sites and names let'em have it! Have a good night.

Kevin

PS: If anyone would like to see the email conversation let me know and I can send it to you.

Last edited:
•••
Whois Info for TheNamePros/com & CertifiedDomainValue/com

I replied back and said for them to go ahead and get the appraisal and we'll take the cost off the final price. He then replied back saying this is not how to do business and pointed me to the following forum thread to give me more information about appraisals:
thenamepros.com/Archive/40726385.htm

It basically says that the reliable sources like Afternic, Sedo and GoDaddy are terrible and that I should use some service that i've never heard of before. It suggests I use the following site: CertifiedDomainValue.com

Whois for TheNamePros is listed below. The name was Reg'd about 10 days before CertifiedDomainValue, which is under Private Reg. What a bunch of scammers!

Reverse Whois:"James Whitham" owns about9 other domains Registrar History:2 registrars with 1 drop. NS History:15 changes on 8 unique name servers over 7 years. IP History:15 changes on 9 unique name servers over 5 years. Whois History:52 records have been archived since 2003-11-04 . Reverse IP:3,970 other sites hosted on this server. Log In or Create a FREE account to start monitoring this domain name DomainTools for Windows®

Now you can access domain ownership records anytime, anywhere... right from your own desktop! Download Now>
Registrant:
James Whitham

Domain Name: THENAMEPROS.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registrant:
James Whitham
12 Regent Close Saxton Road
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ
United Kingdom

Domain Name: THENAMEPROS.COM
Created on: 23-Jun-10
Expires on: 23-Jun-11
Last Updated on: 23-Jun-10

Administrative Contact:
Whitham, James
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ
United Kingdom
02486654493 Fax --

Technical Contact:
Whitham, James
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ
United Kingdom
02486654493 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:
NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM*We provide the most recent archived Whois record when important data has been withheld by the registrar

•••
Technical Contact:
Whitham, James
Hull, Willerby HU10 6HJ
United Kingdom
02486654493 Fax --

Maybe he needs a few phone calls from us to show him how much we appreciate his service!:talk:

Kevin

•••
same scam

hi!
got the same scam from
[email protected]
Edward Feinstein
CEO
Web Hosting Business Corp.
be aware!

•••
He's very active it seems! Got it also, even if I have just started with domains a few days ago...
Thank you for keeping this list with scammers updated!

•••
Just got this today, good thing I googled him first.

"Hello,

Are you still interesting in selling your domain? We have found you via WHOIS.

Please email us your desired price for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us for consideration.

Can we get your answer this week if possible?

Regards,

Edward Feinstein

CEO

Web Hosting Business Corp."

•••
Welcome to all the new members. :wave:

Thank you as well, for keeping the NP community updated.

-Regards

•••
god damm another thread about me, i am like unbelievably pissed off right now....

The Real Ryan Gralinski whos REPUTATION IS BEING RUINED BY THIS ASSBAG!

---------- Post added at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 AM ----------

i noticed the domain he used was registered to some dude in the UK, i am in RHODE ISLAND USA not the UK . I hope whoever runs ryangralinski.com will please take the site down its causing me problems not the scammer

•••
Just got this:

Hello,

We are interested in your domain name for sale.

Please email us your desired price in USD or euros for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us yiur full list with prices for consideration.

Looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Christian Bamberger

President

WebName Trading & Hosting LLC.

[email protected]

========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

•••
Appraisal Scam

Hello, I also received the appraisal scam several days ago from this email address Christian Bamberger <[email protected]>

Hello,

Please email us your desired price in USD or euros for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us yiur full list with prices for consideration.

Regards,

Christian Bamberger

President

WebName Trading & Hosting LLC.

[email protected]

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

•••
Last night I received an email from someone who wanted to purchase one of my pet-related domain names. I couldn't sleep, imagining what new domains I'd buy with the check, planning how to better develop existing domains, and thinking I'd finally met my domainer fairy godmother who had the power to wash away my debt. Then, it occurred to me that it may be too good to be true. As soon as I pasted: [email protected] in google, the first post that came up was SCAM ALERT!

*Sigh* See below, same email as everyone else, new name.

Maybe, it's a coincidence, but a few days ago I emailed someone on the from namepros who posted that he/she was looking to purchase domains. I don't want to slander anyone on here--but I can't help think there just might be a link. Anyway, the infamous scam letter from:Michael D'Amato.

I'm thinking about 3,500 - 3,900 USD for your domain. What do you think about this price range?

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
http://www.thenamepros.com/Archive/72906418.htm

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.
If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply

•••
I got the same scam attempt using

CertifiedDomainValue.com

> Anthony Arbuckle
>
> CEO
>
> Web Hosting & Domains LLC
>
> [email protected]

•••
Appraisal Scam, whats the objective?

New to this board. Logged in to reinforce the info on "Anthony Arbuckle"

Recently Parked a few domains @ Sedo. Within a day, contact from this person.

Dialog back and forth, and I get suspicious. Google leads me here.

I'm unsure what the angle is. What kind of fraud has the sender accomplished ... anybody know?

Hello,

Regards,

Anthony Arbuckle

CEO

Web Hosting & Domains LLC

[email protected]

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

•••
Quick update: searched around, discovered the fraud angle is to get the seller to purchase appraisal services and then stall until the transaction goes stale.

This was reported elsewhere in this thread, I believe. It's being watched by the authorities. False offer of contract. False service, though these are always buyer-beware.

A good point to add, and this is what torqued me in the dialog with them -- is that appraisal is not incumbent on seller. Buyer can do what ever they want. Price is price, and if the seller's price is met, then a deal can be made. Who cares about appraisal, except the buyer.

L8r friends,

...MT N8v.

•••
•••
Bogus offers, asking for manual appraisals

I went through 3 exchanges with him and finally just dropped it, as he is just fishing for the naive.
A very insistent "Nigerian prince" of domain names.

Attachments

• schleper.JPG
    schleper.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 44
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back