Anyone use DomainEmbarking ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone here use Domain Embarking ?

What are your thoughts ?

cadydoo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i have 44 domains over there now and making good money.

i have 44 domains over there now and making good money I think with the shares paying 5.15 a quarter. You can't go wrong.
email me at [email protected]
and I can show you around the site and how everything works.
Bob

Addison Bachman is no good .He's help me and show me around the sites.how they help with key words .I personal think he's a good man. but you folks know everything about Domaining. I guess I better listen to what your saying.
Bob

•••
well I'm doing OK over there no problems and I'm make money.

well I'm doing OK over there no problems and I'm making money.
I posted about this site over a month ago and everyone said be careful well I'm gald I went with them.really the first time I have made good money with a parking Company.PM me if you like to see what kind of money I'm making.

•••
I'm going to post another update because I think I'm starting to see some shill posts for DomainEmbakrking. They are either that or they are from an affiliate whose domain is parked on or forwards to DE.

My update is that I tried two domains with DE. They were not great domains to be sure, but I didn't see much in the way of traffic and no income so I have now moved them away.

I did have some good email exchanges with "BigAddison", and he seemed sincere, but I'm not crazy about they sites they provide and the payment system with "shares" seems suspicious to me. That, plus him getting banned here, at least with his main ID, make it impossible to recommend them. But they may work for you, so try them if you want and just remember you may not want to stry with them. The worst that can happen is that you won't get paid for any income from your domains and have to spend the time setting them up and then removing them.

Frankly, I'm looking into parking my domains myself. I've tried creating sites and not had a lot of luck doing that without putting a lot of time and energy into them. I think the future of domain parking is NOT creating automated sites for them, but to create really nice automated parking pages that don't look like crap, have good targeted ads, and don't try to fool anyone into thinking they are a "web site".

Update:Yes, I just got confirmation from the person that they are an affiliate and they don't seem to realize this makes a difference in what they are recommending...!!!

Anybody else like DomainEmbarking who is not an affiliate...???

Last edited:
•••
I tried them and was not impressed. JMO

•••
I was referred here by a reader of my blog post:
http://livingoffdividends.com/2008/04/20/earn-passive-income-from-domains/

I have never talked to Addison nor had I ever heard of him before I read this post. I'm amazed that someone who was a pool contractor has been able to set up an internet company of this type. (actually I'm a bit jealous) Sure it doesn't have fancy graphics, but it still works as advertised.

I have several sites parked with them. As I mentioned in my blog post, one site cosmeticforums.com, is now ranked a PR 2 and ranks on 1st page of google for 'rhinoplasty frisco'.

I also rec'd a $66 paypal payment from them this month. I've been with them for approximately 6 months. This is a gazillion times more (well actually only 27,500% more) than I got from parking with Sedo!!!!!

I'm getting a few clicks a month and they're pretty decent paying clicks (not the top of the spectrum but much better than lousy 5 cents clicks). I've also gotten 36 backlinks from other sites in the DE network - I think this is why they share the affiliate earnings - even if a site is lousy and produces no adsense revenue, it provides valuable backlinks to other sites.

My post was a promotion of DE because I felt it was a good way to make money. Especially for me ;) through affiliate referrals, but if its a lousy program I don't want to promote it. I'm not that desperate!
If you guys have any better ideas on how to make more money than that, please let me know!

Just saying its a lousy service because the owner had a company that went bk is a little bit of a logical stretch. (check out the hate sites for paypal and KB homes! They're both still in business).
Maybe he went through a bad divorce and just lost it? (Divorce is the 2nd most stressful event in an adults life). I don't know, i'm just speculating here. He could've easily been a druggie and blown the money on crack!

But I got paid a lot more than Sedo and in fact I got multiple emails telling me to provide a TAX ID in order to get paid (immediately after I hit the minimum payout) tells me that the company is trying to be legit. Of course, time will tell.

Until then, I hope to stick around and learn some more.

•••
Still doing ok

poppo said:
well I'm doing OK over there no problems and I'm making money.
I posted about this site over a month ago and everyone said be careful well I'm gald I went with them.really the first time I have made good money with a parking Company.PM me if you like to see what kind of money I'm making.
Well they paid a 2.99 dividend Last quarter .They keep paying out great parking service.
PM for more information :kickass:

•••
I had signed up last year for Domain Embarking, but for various reasons had decided not to follow through with moving any domains in. I just received this email from DE today (June 22nd), so there's obviously been quite a bit going on behind the scenes at DE. Anyone on NP affected by this?
On May 15th, 2008, DE received notice from Google AdSense that our publisher account had been deactivated. NO specific reason was given in this notice, or to our appeals over the following weeks. We're simply in the dark.

In lieu of this uncharted stop, we took the initiative to completely overhaul our infrastructure so as to continue our dream of providing a "Net Friendly" parking solution to the domaining industry. In hindsight, we're now thankful for this dilemma, as we believe our efforts have produced a HUGE IMPROVEMENT towards fulfilling our goals, and those of our domaining members. Namely, our members can now insert THEIR OWN AD CODES AND KEEP ALL THEIR PROFITS!
(More email followed..)________________________________________________________________________

•••
I got that email too. Got to spend some time reading it until I understand. They are going to pay for lost earnings but suspend earnings until September to recoup costs?

•••
I think, the whypark is better.

•••
Hi everyone, first time poster on here.
Though I love the concept of Domain Embarking, I've had a few issues with them. I've only been with them for probably 4-5 months. No revenue, no clicks, no statistics at all! To top that, my embarked sites are slow to load and the admin is equally slow to load. Am I just on a bad server or are others having the same issue. I only have 4 domains but I KNOW they get traffic as they were getting traffic before moving them to DE.

I'm about ready to move on from them. Any suggestions for methods similar to DE?

Maybe I should just make my own minisites... {shrugs}

•••
Well, goodbye DE

I've decided, since I haven't had a response to my (above) thread post, and since Domain Embarking is STILL showing 0 (zero) for stats.. Not even one hit reported, that I'm moving on to a more responsible company. :td:

Looks like I'm going to give WhyPark a try. I still love NamePros though ;)

•••
Great idea....poor execution

I loved the concept of Domain Embarking and I think they were ahead of teh curve on non-tradional domain parking, but lets face it, their sites and content look cheap and unprofessional.

Whypark is much better at providing what I think was the goal of Domain Embarking. Yes, you will pay a one time $100 fee, but your sites will get indexed and should get traffic on sites that didn't have traffic before.

The site in my signature has made me almost $15 in less than a month using there content and adsense and I never earned a penny on Sedo or Domain Embarking with the name.

That tells me all I need to know that the $100 is a good investment and as I add my domains over to Whypark, I'll more than recoup my cost.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back