Dynadot

Anyone else registering 3D domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It seems that 3D is going to be the the next must have technology, according to the big brands, they are all launching 3D TVs.

I attempted to find good 3D names but the best domains are already taken, I think in 5 years time or even less, those generic 3D domains will be worth a lot. :imho:

Anyone else registering 3d domains? Do you think they have a future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmmm...tempting!

I finally got rid of my "blooks.net" name last year, and at a surprisingly decent profit too.

Maybe "blooks" isn't as much of a dog as I thought it was.:laugh:

Hey Buddy - how ya doing?
...funny running into you here : )

``~ ( Fill You In - Me and Domainica are Old Buddies - It's All Good! ) ~``

- - - - - - - - -

anybody have any thoughts on the upcoming 3d projectors... especially the DLP's
.. meaning do you see them going anywhere, or just another attempted projector?
... has anyone been able to experience one yet at all?... just curious

•••
My little 3d Domain list.

3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com
3dmoviereleases.com
3dmovierelease.com
3dmoviereviews.com
3dmoviesearch.com
3dmoviedatabase.com
3dmovierental.com
3dmovietheaters.com
3dmovietheater.com
3dmovielistings.com
3dblurayrental.com
my3dmovies.com
get3dmovies.com
free3dmovie.com
3dgameshows.com
3dhometheatersystem.com
3dvideos.net
3dvideos.info
3dvideo.info
3dvideos.co.uk
3dmonitor.co.uk
3dshopping.co.uk

Best Regards

Incredible list RCS!

I would say Good Luck to you,
but you don't need luck with THAT list.

Keep us updated on any of your sales.
You have a few there, that should make some big 3D domaining News!

Take it easy.

•••

3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com
3dmoviereleases.com
3dmovierelease.com
3dmoviereviews.com
3dmoviesearch.com
3dmoviedatabase.com
3dmovierental.com
3dmovietheaters.com

If you check the whois, you will see that Ralf registered most of these great names in 2005 and 2006. Kind of makes you realize how far behind the times most of us posting in this thread are.

Also, for those that haven't checked, froy is an advertising and marketing exec in Chitown. She knows exactly what she is doing by hyping the 3d domains. Im not complaining mind you; I am on the 3d bandwagon, and can certainly use a frenzy to sell off some of the 3d domains I have. :hehe:

•••
This is the "Whose Registering 3D Names" in case you all forgot!

Everyone's opinion will be different - and everyone is entitled to their own...

HOWEVER, public bashing and name calling to make a point, is not accepted here.

•••
TIVO and The internet

TiVo adds Web, music, movies with Premiere - CNN.com

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

This is the "Whose Registering 3D Names" in case you all forgot!

Everyone's opinion will be different - and everyone is entitled to their own...

HOWEVER, public bashing and name calling to make a point, is not accepted here.

Ginga is not name calling BTW and also he made me out to be a liar saying I was making up the company who is building websites. I was in there office talking about get my website done by them,
So it was uncalled for.

•••
TiVo adds Web, music, movies with Premiere - CNN.com

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Ginga is not name calling BTW and also he made me out to be a liar saying I was making up the company who is building websites. I was in there office talking about get my website done by them,
So it was uncalled for.

It wasn't for ginga, sorted in PM.

•••
• 3dFightingGames.com

• 3dCableProviders.com

• 3dBlurayRecorders.com

• 3dTVShowsOnline.com

• 3dDVDRentals.com

• 3dRolePlayingGames.com

• 3dPhotographyBooks.com

• 3dAnimeMovies.com

• 3dCameraAccessories.com

• 3dDatingWebsites.com

• Bestselling3dBooks.com

• Free3dChatrooms.com

• 3dAdvertisingAgencies.com

These, to me, are keyword rich, search engine friendly 3d domain names - or about to be :)
Agreed?

These aren't popular keyword names. They look like any old term semi-related (at best) to the technology with 3d put in front of it.

•••
Seriously everyone, who gives a crap who does what for a living, and who has an ulterior motive, etc.

Even If someone here created the 3D technology, the purpose of this thread is not a 3D domain pump and dump thread. The purpose of this thread is "Are you registering 3D names" and a discussion of if so, or why not, that's it.

And don't we all have an ulterior motive? Whether you're a Web Developer from San Francisco, a FilmMaker from the UK, or an Auto Mechanic from Zimbabwe, who gives a crap?

We all have an ulterior motive, and that is to make money.

3D is growing, trend or not, deal with it.

Geez, this would make a great 3D movie..

NP 3D thread - The Movie

Conspiracy Theories, People Searching, People Bashing, Future Technology Debate, Financial Schemes and Plots, Aliases, etc.
Just need to add a chase scene and a Love story, and it could be HOT!
:lol:

•••

3dmovie.com
3dhometheater.com
3dmoviereleases.com
3dmovierelease.com
3dmoviereviews.com
3dmoviesearch.com
3dmoviedatabase.com
3dmovierental.com
3dmovietheaters.com
3dmovietheater.com
3dmovielistings.com
3dblurayrental.com
my3dmovies.com
get3dmovies.com
free3dmovie.com
3dgameshows.com
3dhometheatersystem.com
3dvideos.net
3dvideos.info
3dvideo.info
3dvideos.co.uk
3dmonitor.co.uk
3dshopping.co.uk

Best Regards

Would say there is a few names with obvious appeal. I think though you have probably gone too far with some of those reges. Good luck though, obviously a long way ahead of most others in this thread. Good chance of making a profit.

•••
Just got a million dollar 3d domain :)

3dpokernow.com

PS: Hyping the 3d domains is one thing, but encouraging others to go after famous trademarks is not going to help the 3d market in the long run. IMO

-

•••
Would say there is a few names with obvious appeal. I think though you have probably gone too far with some of those reges. Good luck though, obviously a long way ahead of most others in this thread. Good chance of making a profit.

That's how it always works with speculative keyword names... One or two people have the vision WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of everyone else and they gobble up the only names that will ever be desirable to anyone. The guy you quoted is probably one of about two or three people in this thread who stands a chance to profit off these "3d" names.

By the time the keyword balloon goes up and there's 3D MANIA!!!! on domainer boards, guys like him are the only ones who make money, while everyone else rampantly lights money on fire by registering keyword-tenuous trash that will never be of any interest to anyone but them (and by this time next year, will be dropping)... It's actually a fairly accurate microcosm of domaining in general. By the time 'everyone's doing it', the only people making money are the ones who got in at the right time (or the few sharks who are able to take scalps from the aftermarket by buying underpriced names and consistently turning them for profit)

It isn't just domains, though. That's how most speculation works. The people who get in before the buzz and mania are the only ones who really make money. By the time the theme-related thread appears on namepros, it's too late.

Last edited:
•••

3dpokernow.com

PS: Hyping the 3d domains is one thing, but encouraging others to go after famous trademarks is not going to help the 3d market in the long run. IMO

-

Agreed 200%.

I have stated that a few times myself in this thread.
TM domains are beyond foolish, they're an insult to all of us.

BTW, whaddya think of my newest reg...Sony3D.com???

•••
3dcardesign.com is available to hand reg
google adwords keyword tool global monthly search volume exact match 880, cpc $1.66

•••
Agreed 200%.

I have stated that a few times myself in this thread.
TM domains are beyond foolish, they're an insult to all of us.

BTW, whaddya think of my newest reg...Sony3D.com???
If your first name is Sony and your middle initial is 3 and your last name starts with D then you’ll be okay :)

-

•••
While there are a handful of really good 3D domains listed in this thread, I could probably retire off the money that has been wasted on the rest.

Brad

•••
How many of these names will get into a sedo auction with a $60 bid ?

•••

3dmovie.com

3dblurayrental.com
k

Best Regards

I don't see anybody sayin a word to this guy.. i probably have the same percentage of tm to non tm names as he does... probably less

I still don't see the crime here to go so far as to call it 'insulting'.. dramatic much?

If everyone of you guys set up websites promoting ME and MY website, i'd be THRILLED.. FREE MARKETING!! ... these are basically called referral programs in the regular world.

..and i'm not "telling everybody to go out and reg tm names".. not even close to what i said, so please don't take me out of context... i never asked a sole to 'follow me' into the caverns of domain disgust... and as also pointed out, i basically stayed away from tm names... but there were a few exceptions.. apparently, i'm not the only one.

Snoop...
... you need to research JUST A BIT before you comment..

"These aren't popular keyword names. They look like any old term semi-related (at best) to the technology with 3d put in front of it."

Those are all BIG search terms without the 3d and the 3d incorporates nicely... some of those names actually have a lot of early action (3d fighting games gets 4,200 a month)
can't tell me those are not niche websites waiting to happen
.. 3d advertising agencies?
.. 3d Dvd rentals .. NO on this too?.. this is jibberish?
... Free 3d Chat Rooms?.. nothing going on there already either?
... 3d Role Playing Games... a bit long, you might say, but emerging as we speak

i could break that whole list down the same way, but there is NO WAY that i just stuck a 3d in front of anything that didn't belong... these are ALL beginning to come to light AS WE TYPE.

And Domainica will help you all with this point, but if i sold every name i have listed for a measly hundred dollars each, you can't tell me this wasn't a profitable venture.. even if they had to sell for $50 each - it would still be good money... not the guy above with his 3d ARSENAL kinda money, but still GOOD MONEY... there's only going to be a handful of those guys making that kind of dough.. that's it .. in the industry as a whole, there's only a handful of REAL, MEGA successful domainers - doesn't mean buying a domain name is UNPROFITABLE because it's not going to make a hundred thousand dollars on each one... that's just ridiculous... maybe my expectations are much more grounded than some of you , and if that's the case, i'm already in a good place, because thinking you're going to sell every name you have for 4 and five figures is just not going to happen and just unrealsitic.

I have 250 chances - 250 lotto tickets to make something happen in the next 2-3 years..
... do i believe in the end, i will make more money than i spent?.. yes
... do i believe i will be able to retire... no
... do i believe i walk away THRILLED that i got in when the going was good?... Absolutely

I'm excited about everything, really, i am...even more so with each naysayer.

... fora little over a thousand dollars i have a little, mini-business and a CHANCE... which is more than the naysayers will have... maybe i do come out a loser... O WELL... i have had WEEKENDS where i spent more than a thousand dollars for nothing more than a GREAT story - how can this be bad -er - risky - for anyone other than me or the ones who are buying?

•••
•••
3DMovie.com would get a lot of bids

•••
Last edited:
•••
yes, but what percentage of the domains in this thread are likely to get a minimum bid to enter a sedo auction ? $60 ?

•••
And Domainica will help you all with this point, but if i sold every name i have listed for a measly hundred dollars each, you can't tell me this wasn't a profitable venture.. even if they had to sell for $50 each - it would still be good money... not the guy above with his 3d ARSENAL kinda money, but still GOOD MONEY... there's only going to be a handful of those guys making that kind of dough.. that's it .. in the industry as a whole, there's only a handful of REAL, MEGA successful domainers - doesn't mean buying a domain name is UNPROFITABLE because it's not going to make a hundred thousand dollars on each one... that's just ridiculous... maybe my expectations are much more grounded than some of you , and if that's the case, i'm already in a good place, because thinking you're going to sell every name you have for 4 and five figures is just not going to happen and just unrealsitic.

And you've got how many 3D names total?
And you've been peddling them for how long now?
And how much money have you made so far?

•••
Here's a good look at how this 3D hype is affecting normally rational people:
Super Pack of 5 Premium Sony and IMAX 3D TV Domains - eBay (item 180469761450 end time Mar-17-10 05:55:57 PDT)

And no, they're not mine.

I have sony3dtheater and sonytheater3d

These are TM right?

The ones the guy is selling is TM also correct.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

3dpokernow.com

-

to much poker out there
Hey go get playpokerin3d its there
To long and pokerin3d is better

•••
Yes.

I have sony3dtheater and sonytheater3d

These are TM right?

The ones the guy is selling is TM also correct.

•••
yes, but what percentage of the domains in this thread are likely to get a minimum bid to enter a sedo auction ? $60 ?

Very few...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back