Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@GoDaddy please incorporate lto column on csv upload. Or tell me how to bulk edit lto option.
I have many sales canceled because of icaan locked.
Hi @davidc1
Absolutely. We are working on introducing bulk management for Lease to Own. For now, we recommend reaching out to your Afternic account manager or Afternic's partner seller team to enable thousands of domains at a time into LTO.

•••
Thanks for your feedback. You should still see a link to edit your payout method after the sale occurred (“Payout Information”) as pictured:
It is still impossible to edit payout method, at least for instant transfer sales :(

•••
@GoDaddy Is there an agreement that the buyer has to agree before they buy a domain using LTO?

•••
Hi @davidc1
Absolutely. We are working on introducing bulk management for Lease to Own. For now, we recommend reaching out to your Afternic account manager or Afternic's partner seller team to enable thousands of domains at a time into LTO.
Seriously it takes weeks to change LTO options on domains !
What could work if it's we could manage LTO through dan but there is no LTO enabled for domains listed on afternic though dan listing

•••
Seriously it takes weeks to change LTO options on domains !
What could work if it's we could manage LTO through dan but there is no LTO enabled for domains listed on afternic though dan listing

Not sure why it takes weeks. I did it within hours for tens of thousands of domains. I sorted them by price (longer period for the pricier ones), chose 500 per page, selected a page and bulk edited LTO for those.

•••
Not sure why it takes weeks. I did it within hours for tens of thousands of domains. I sorted them by price (longer period for the pricier ones), chose 500 per page, selected a page and bulk edited LTO for those.
Through the support it takes weeks...

I know i can do like you did but dont want to do it as i change prices every few weeks. Would have to do it also when the domain is icaan unlocked/locked.

•••
Through the support it takes weeks...

I know i can do like you did but dont want to do it as i change prices every few weeks. Would have to do it also when the domain is icaan unlocked/locked.

not sure what you mean. Unless you drastically change the pricing, small change shouldn't affect the number of months.

Lock/unlock doesn't affect me, because my names are with GD, but I can see that if they are elsewhere, then GD cannot take control of the name for managing it.

Afternic can be sorted by date added. Do the initial work for the ones past 60 days and for the others, visit from time to time and change the settings after sorting the be time listed.

•••
not sure what you mean. Unless you drastically change the pricing, small change shouldn't affect the number of months.

Lock/unlock doesn't affect me, because my names are with GD, but I can see that if they are elsewhere, then GD cannot take control of the name for managing it.

Afternic can be sorted by date added. Do the initial work for the ones past 60 days and for the others, visit from time to time and change the settings after sorting the be time listed.
Thanks for the date tips, why not...

I cannot understand why in case of icaan locked the lead is not forwared to dan, as dan process these lto leads.

•••
Thanks for the date tips, why not...

I cannot understand why in case of icaan locked the lead is not forwared to dan, as dan process these lto leads.

I assume Dan was agile enough to create holding accounts with most registrars. While Afternic is more GD-centered and doesn't believe it needs to make having names elsewhere easier. Basically, Afternic will handle LTO only if the name can be moved into GD, I believe. It is not a bug, it is a feature )) I wouldn't sweat over not having LTO for 2 months though. It is a nice feature and probably boosts sales (hard to tell without proper A/B, but intuitively expected), but shifting sales proceeds into the future with chance of cancellations is a a downside.

•••
hi all, I have an issue with afternic and have been unable to receive a payment for several domain sales from last year due to a technical error on their site and I keep getting the standard run around from their support. They ask the same questions, telling me to change the payment method, which I've done months ago, and then stop responding. It's been like that for months now, and even my godaddy VIP support can't seem to help.
Any advice how to resolve this? I've since paused all the current afternic sales since I can't be sure I'll be paid due the lack of any support or accountability there, and also considering moving the domains away,
As an update - still no payment yet, have been in touch with the godaddy support here via pm, and multiple reps via email, it seems like a complete mess, no one knows what anyone else is doing in the company. They keep saying the payment will be sent within a few days (it's been over 6 months) and then they come up with some weird reasons, or something I need to change in my profile, or payment terms, I change it and still no payment, then they tell me to change something else. Now they are telling me I need to receive my payment as a check.. What the heck is going on with this company? Is there anyone who can make decisions or take responsibility at all?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back