IT.COM

African domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Shephard

Established Member
Impact
Hi fellow domainers, I am a Zimbabwean based in South Africa..... I strongly feel the domain industry in Africa is on the rise but there is something that is lacking to push the industry in to a peak and a trend. What can we do as domain investors to get the industry into the public eye ? Let's Talk

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great to meet you! Lots of cc domains are from Africa!

•••
Hey neighbour! Do you own any co.za or other African domains? Do you have a strategy in place for selling, or just marketplaces? Have you tried FB? Have you had any sales?

I sold around 2-3 co.za domains this year.

Pleased to meet you.

•••
Hey neighbour! Do you own any co.za or other African domains? Do you have a strategy in place for selling, or just marketplaces? Have you tried FB? Have you had any sales?

I sold around 2-3 co.za domains this year.

Pleased to meet you.
I have hundreds of LLL.co.za, I currently sell them on sedo and afternic. I have no strategy of selling yet. Any tips ?

•••
I also had some 3L.co.za, but couldnt sell one. Do you just put them on Sedo (list, not auction) and hope for the best?

I did sell a keyword co.za on Sedo, just by listing it. Was for $299.

Normally startups find me by doing a whois on the name they want.

•••
I also had some 3L.co.za, but couldnt sell one. Do you just put them on Sedo (list, not auction) and hope for the best?

I did sell a keyword co.za on Sedo, just by listing it. Was for $299.

Normally startups find me by doing a whois on the name they want.
Yes, I just list them on sedo and afternic. I sell all my LLL.co.za at $1399. I have had a few direct sells. I have sold 3 this year.

•••
I sell all my LLL.co.za at $1399.
Wow, seriously? Do you list them as BIN only at 1399? Do you know who buys them? companies? individuals?

•••
Wow, seriously? Do you list them as BIN only at 1399? Do you know who buys them? companies? individuals?
Yes I put a BIN at all times. All 3 were bought by Marketing Agencies.

•••
Where do you currently point your nameservers too? Sedo?

•••
•••
What needs to be done is explaining how important having a domain name (and website) to the local business, even the small or medium ones.

Recently a client of mine has informed me that he was contacted by a Turkish company who is offering to export merchandise and invited him to come visit their factory in Turkey and see for himself that quality is on par or better than chinese imported merchandise my client has mostly selling.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back