Dynadot

250.000 domains will be released in Brasil.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i am refering to the fact that some of you seem hell bent on preaching about price rises ?? ........F##k That

•••
•••

Everyone wants as much bang for there buck as possible, maybe since you want to get people to start developing, stop parking, therefore people would have to develop some kind of site in order to make money of there ads :lol:

•••
•••
dumb question

Nope. Dumb answer. I can articulate any number of reasons why higher registration fees benefits any number of things pertaining to the namespace, the internet, etc.

Can you do the same for cheap domain registrations?

•••
why would a domainer wish to pay more ?

i have no problem with the price of registrations , what sane person would want a price hike

Are you also hoping petrol goes up ?

•••
This thread is really going astray of the OP. Let's try not to argue in here.

•••
Nothing against ccTLDs.

By making the cost of domain names substantially higher than they are now, it would serve to break up the keyword-cartels that have hijacked the namespace for their own narrow gain.

It should not be profitable to buy, hold and unproductively squander a quality domain name.
If I were managing a ccTLD, I'd have $100 registrations as well. If I were king of ICANN, I'd see to it that renewals on all .com, .net and .org names was raised to $50 or more.

As long as they're going to allow people to do this, I'll do it, but if I could vote to shut it down, I would and price increases are the only way to make that happen.

I suddenly like you.

•••
I'm all for raising the price to $100. IT would make holding good domains even MORE profitable.

•••
This would totally not be ok. Sure it wouldn't matter much for the rich people, but don't forget that there are people earning less than $100 per month (not counting some who earn less than $100 per year). Internet is all about opportunity to achieve more with less resources, to make rich and poor people have equal chance of success.
Domain renewal fees have to be as low as to cover their direct costs and only allow a "normal" profit to registrars.

•••
Internet is all about opportunity to achieve more with less resources, to make rich and poor people have equal chance of success.

Really? That's its goal? Hmm...never read that anywhere.

•••
I'm scratching my head, too.

I'm in favor of price increases. The way I see it: If a person has a thousand domains and can't pay to renew them all, then chances are, his domains are so lousy that they couldn't so much as pay for themselves and might not be worth owning. If a person has only a few domains (albeit good ones), they'd likely pay for themselves, anyway. If nothing else, a price increase might deter noobs from regging thousands of useless domains. Sure, they could instead reg a handful of crappy ones but if each domain cost more, I'm sure these noobs would be more hesitant to reg them. Perhaps then they'd study the game, not reg first/ask questions later.

Really? That's its goal? Hmm...never read that anywhere.

•••
In regard to the price raise... boo hoo. Now your domains need to make $0.85 instead of $0.70 per month.

•••
why would a domainer wish to pay more ?

i have no problem with the price of registrations , what sane person would want a price hike

Are you also hoping petrol goes up ?

I would pay $100 per gallon of gas if it meant forcing 50+ mpg gas standards for all cars by eliminating many inefficient vehicles. The over all impact on everyone would be extraordinary.

$100 for a domain name is still a bit on the low side. I'd go around $1000 per domain name, make the market really shrink....and agree to squandering fees if someone were unproductive with a domain name. Maybe even forceful removal of domains if there were more than just one being used for any one business or even as a redirect. Plus $1000 per domain would also knock the middle class keyword cartels out of the picture. If they limited one domain per business or registrant then TM squatting issues would go away as well.

In reality.....I don't think we have to worry about this anytime soon. But it would create more opportunity for those of us with some extra spending money.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back