NameSilo

domain Buyer wants me to come up with a price.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always try to make an interested buyer come up with the price for obvious reasons, but in this case I have to come up with a number.
I am in communication with an unsolicited party who wants to buy the domain name WomensRights.us

Please help me determine the range for agressive pricing, but not too high as to scare away the buyer.

Thanks and best regards,

Andrew

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unsolicited party

Please tell us some more about the potential buyer, IYHO's. :gl: :talk:
Thanks, kindly.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Thanks Jeff-
She's a PHD President with a software firm out of Switzerland...
I have PM'd you the specific company name out of respect for her privacy.

Andrew

•••
PM replied ... will post more later p.m.

Thanks again, Andrew.
-Jeff B-)

•••
If you could tell me some more about the potential buyer, and I will let you know what I think.

•••
Start up high..so you can negociate if he's not confortable with the price.

•••
starting up too high might scare the guy away .. don't you think ? ?

for a 500$ domain if you ask 5000 don't you think he will say "thanks but no thanks" ?

•••
Zeeble said:
If you could tell me some more about the potential buyer, and I will let you know what I think.

That's about all I know: they are a Doctorate-level President of a small software company.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Andrew

•••
I don't feel starting to high is a bad thing...This prospestive buyer seems to have negotating prices on the mind...And it's a great name aswell,I would ask a fare price for the opening offer,As i believe this buyer will be up for negotating the price on this fine name.IMO

•••
It really does sound to me that you should put down a price of around $5k. And come down to $2k with her.

Thats my gut instinct and also she really does seem like she can afford it.

•••
This may or may not be your case, but there was a guy going around saying he was from a small software firm. He would seem interested in certain domain names and then he would ask for an appraisal, (from his own appraisal company). He never actually bought the domains.

•••
Yep, but I get the feeling this is not it.

•••
Kfkm09 said:
This may or may not be your case, but there was a guy going around saying he was from a small software firm. He would seem interested in certain domain names and then he would ask for an appraisal, (from his own appraisal company). He never actually bought the domains.

Thanks, this is a woman. She's legit.,

•••
I would ask $1500 for this domain and negotiate from there

•••
yoshiwara said:
I would ask $1500 for this domain and negotiate from there

Likewise - though she probably has quite a bit of money to spend.

Slightly off-topic... she's from Switzerland, trying to buy a .us domain? :?

•••
daddypi said:
Likewise - though she probably has quite a bit of money to spend.

Slightly off-topic... she's from Switzerland, trying to buy a .us domain? :?

Maybe she wants to immigrate to the US and wants to have a say in
WomensRights. :laugh:

•••
I made my offer: I'll report back.

Andrew

•••
Yeh, I'm still having an issue (with myself) about the ".US" here for her in this case, IMHO.
Based on what I know, and my instict at this time ... I would say to make an offer of between $387.50 - $500+/+ for an relative "Quick Sale", IMHO. Also, depending on the answer to above (regarding the .US domain name ownership / restrictions), you might be able to boost that up a bit but still as to not scare her off, too. :blink:
Please keep us posted! :music:

Best of Luck.
-Jeff B-)

•••
2000$ - 3000$ sounds like a right price to me, maybe you should start with 3000$ and se what happens :)

Best of luck! :wave:

•••
This is hard. She might be willing to pay $10,000 then if you said $2,000 shes gonna say yes, You never know what end price there thinking

•••
komp said:
This is hard. She might be willing to pay $10,000 then if you said $2,000 shes gonna say yes, You never know what end price there thinking

You're right Komp. It comes down to what will make you sleep better. Knowing that you lost a sale because you may have priced it too high, or you made the sale alright, but are not sure if you've could have got much more for it. If were the owner of this name, I would go high with the hopes of settling for an interesting figure, and should the sale not go through because of the price, heck, I still own the name. Sometimes the best moves are those that you don't do.

•••
It was a scammer!! A very good one, but not good enough:

A partial copy of the email thread:

"5,000 USD. Ok.

Do you sell a developed site or just domain name? If you don't have a site it's not a problem. I'm mostly interested in domain names without content.

Do you have an appraisal of your domain? I need an appraisal certificate for domain priced in your range. Domain name is an investment for me. I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Please note that I don't trust free or cheap appraisals. So I cannot accept appraisal from each and every site.

Sedo is acceptable as a broker but not as an appraiser because your names are listed with them and they are not independent. They are interested in ovepricing in order to get a fat commission. I will only accept appraisals from independent appraisal companies I know and trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in an Internet law forum:
http://www.domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/21076.htm

Juck check this posting.

After I verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.
----- Original Message -----
To: "'S Murray'" Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 5:46 AM
Subject: RE: Regarding womensrights.us

> Dear Ms Murray,
>
> For this particular domain name we would consider the intrinsic value
> to
be
> at least US$5,000.
>
> Should you remain interested in the name, please contact me and we
> will arrange escrow services. I am unopposed to using Escrow.com, but
> prefer Sedo.com if that is acceptable to you.
>
> Thank you for your interest.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andrew Riegel"

Sorry if I wasted your time- Thanks for all the help and comments.

•••
good job spotting it

this is a great example of how to handle a domain apprasial scammer

by the way "andriegel", your signature makes me want to kick you in the nuts for all the SPAM email i get, i have a funny feeling that you spam people until their teeth fall out, anyway i wont make assumptions, just thought i'd point out that your signature amkes u hated in my book

•••
Good job spotting it. Good you haven't got scammed.

•••
Please Note the level to which they are going: the link in her email goes to a phoney-baloney forum site talking about appraisals. The links from that page are phoney too!

Andrew

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back