IT.COM

[REQ-LOGO] Design logo / visual identity for greenhouse site - $75

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day!
Looking for a logo/identity for a greenhouse website that will represent a greenhouse company (virtual, not an actual company).
The logo should be the words:
"Allison (like the name) Greenhouses" (Obviously just the name and the word "greenhouses," not the appositive.
The logo should incorporate the following aspects:
1) The name
2) Logo that looks good in color or black and white
3) A feeling of establishment, not web2.0 . You know companies that have the "Est. 1865" kind of text attached to them that make them feel old and trustworthy/historic? Same thought process here... Don't actually use the "Est. 1865" as part of the logo, but the "feeling" of a little bit of history/gravitas would be a good thing.

I will add to this list as things come in, or if you have any questions just let me know!

January 8th will be the end date, barring something stellar coming in between now and then. If you plan on entering, let me know so I don't cut it off prematurely.

Thanks all, and game on :santa:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here's a concept idea to help get things started

Alternate outer border

Feedback Appreciated​

Last edited:
•••
Another concept idea

Feedback Appreciated​

•••
Hello ... here a few ideas.

allig.png

allig%252B.png

Thx

•••
Two concepts; colors can always be adjusted.
(Haven't done a contest in eons; still hate watermarking.)
attachment.php

Attachments

• AllisonGreen.png
    AllisonGreen.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 188
•••
•••
removed

Last edited:
•••
Thanks much, all!

Nothing has quite tickled my funny bone yet... adding some more generic feedback here, then specific feedback where possible below. Everything is very good, and any critique below speaks more of my inability to adequately describe the visual arts (Which is why I end up here ;) ), rather than your ability to deliver on what I requested.

1) Don't let the "Allison" thing push you in the direction of femenine styles/graphics; let's "man these up" a little bit and give them some... err... spheres. ;) (Don't really put spheres in them...)
2) I'd err on the side of not putting an actual structure in the logo, as the styles are so varied (Commercial/personal/midwest/southeast/etc) that a full structure would almost never address the entire market; corners/pieces are good, as are angles that generally convey the shape of a house/greenhouse, rather than the full building.

Specifics:
gooddesigner (you are! I bet you hear that "joke" a lot...) - I like the angle of the logo centering around a combination of an item and the character, but feels a bit whispy for me (Good, but not for me.)

nguyen - I like simple, but for this project I'm leaning towards something that is an identifiable mark/logo rather than just the text itself, if possible.

misslee - the second set is the closest thing to what my mind's eye is trying to convey - there's the feeling of a structure in there without beating somebody over the head with it ;) The accoutrements surrounding it aren't my favorite, but the color scheme from the first set does have a nice feel, even if it may be too hard/edgy somehow... can't put my finger on it.

busyj - I'd prefer a clean font/script that is recognizable without interpretation; that would actually be a really great logo for a bottle of wine, but isn't exactly what I'm thinking of.

scorpion - good stuff - the notes above provide some clarity here as well, but full structures with detail can pigeonhole the logo into a building design that may not apply, and the first set feels 1980's/1990's instead of 1910's to 1940's (No idea why - just a visceral reaction). The second set is close to generic enough of a building to work, w/o the car (dated vs established), but still something not quite there for me. My apologies for not being better at this part of it when I'm fishing ;)

I hope providing some "what I'm not looking for" help - if there is anything else that would help, please let me know :gl:

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for the feedbacks, my revision:
AllisonGreenhouses3-1.jpg

•••
--

Last edited:
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
~2 hours left - will post a decision tomorrow!
Posting and running,

•••
•••
And the winner is.... nguyen_huy_hai !

Please send PayPal info and I'll send it on over!

Thanks much, all - will do the rest of the feedback before closing out the thread...

•••
Congrats on the win nguyen_huy_hai
-------------------------------------

Please remember to update the thread once you both confirm files / payment so we can close the thread.

Thanks,

Eric Lyon
Member Services

•••
Files sent, Payment received, thankyou everyone!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back