New Server Online!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
I have a new forum server up and running for NamePros. Our previous server had developed several problems, such as emails not being sent reliably, server time loss, and general speed issues. I figured it was time to replace it completely instead of trying to fix the old one repeatedly.

The search index is in the process of being rebuilt, so the search function on NamePros will not be fully functional until this completes. It's actually quicker to rebuild it from scratch than to try to copy over and import 5.5 million MySQL entries.

This new sever should be much faster. If you notice any issues from the transfer, post them here.

RJ!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its working perfect for me and yes its faster than yesterday..

Thanks for the New Server RJ...

•••
Yes it is fast, thank you RJ :)

•••
•••
•••
Greets for the new server!

•••
•••
Thus far, I'm pleased as peaches :)
-Allan

•••
Still has that New Server Smell don't it ;)

•••
•••
•••
-RJ-

You have been one of the best, if not the best, site admin in keep your members happy. I commend you for your great leadership!

Last edited:
•••
Just bumped up the memory limit in PHP settings. Should resolve that issue!

•••
-RJ- said:
Just bumped up the memory limit in PHP settings. Should resolve that issue!

Yep it's fixed now.

Issue he's talking about was in my original post above. It was about an error that I was getting when using the search function.

•••
I'm not getting PM notice e-mails.

ST

•••
wow on the slowest dial-up ever this is going so fast...
thanks RJ and everyone involved

•••
Thanks although it didnt matter to me cuz i have a good connection so its still fast for me haha....

•••
•••
Finally I'm waiting 3 seconds instead of 30 for a message to post :)
Cool!

•••
•••
Coastalguy said:
I'm not getting PM notice e-mails.

ST

Working for me now.

Thanks,
ST

•••
I got little buggs in my teeth ... this is TOO FAST!! :D :yell:

:kickass:

•••
Noticed a nice increase in performance - then I figured out why once I saw this thread. Really improved things around here, great work!

•••
Great! Excellent! Splendid! Smashing! Asskicking! Fantastic! Superb! *insert more exaggrated adjectives*

Works like a charm now. :) I really have to say this: one of the best forums around. Especially now when it's speedier than before.

•••
hey, watch out for overspeeding :lala:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back