Domain Empire

[REQ-LOGO] PokerBug.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design

Prize : $25.00 paid via PayPal - note that there are additional optional/preferred requirements for the winner that I'd like to offer a combination of domains (discussed below)

Contest End Date & Time : Monday, Feb. 14, 2011 5pm EPT (Noon GMT)

Size Requirements : To be used on: Website, Business Cards, Website Banners, Printed Posters, etc

Color Requirements :Open, but I would prefer it blend well if the site is "Poker Felt Green or that Maroon felt sometimes used" background. Needs to go well on White cardstock as well so prefer to be transparent background

General Requirements :
  1. As the name suggests it is going to be for Poker (catch the poker bug or something like that) so it needs to have a gambling/betting feel - can incorporate cards, chips(possibly on the O,G or dot com), etc - no people.
  2. I am not set on this, but I think I want the Poker and Bug and .com included with maybe different colors or possibly same colors for poker and com.
  3. Here is the optional part mentioned above in the payment... If possible, I would REALLY like for the words to have little "poker bugs" crawling on/around them - the poker bugs would be the 4 suits (Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades) made to look like little poker bugs (maybe legs/eyes or whatever you can come up with, but they need to be fairly small. NOTE-these may be hard to create and not look like you are ripping each other off so if you want to submit those separately we'll have to ask the mod if that is ok. If anyone can come up with an acceptable version of these that are also stand alone(one for each suit) and transparent so I can use them for buttons and other stuff on the site I will also offer these 30 domains (all have about 5 months left):
    CANCER-DOCTOR.COM
    CARCINOMASKINCANCER.COM
    CANCERSKIN.US
    LEUKEMIACANCER.US
    LYMPHNODECANCER.US
    SPINECANCER.US
    BASALCELLSKINCANCER.INFO
    BASALSKINCANCER.INFO
    CANCERDOCTORS.INFO
    CANCERRADIATION.INFO
    CARCINOMACANCER.INFO
    CARCINOMASKINCANCER.INFO
    CHILDRENCANCER.INFO
    DERMATOLOGYDOCTORS.INFO
    DERMATOLOGYSCHOOLS.INFO
    FREESKINCANCERSCREENING.INFO
    MELANOMARESEARCH.INFO
    MELANOMASYMPTOMS.INFO
    SARCOMACANCER.INFO
    SKINCANCERPREVENTION.INFO
    SKINCANCERRESEARCH.INFO
    SKINCANCERTREATMENTS.INFO
    SKINCANCERTYPES.INFO
    SKINDERMATOLOGIST.INFO
    SKINMELANOMA.INFO
    SMALLCELLCANCER.INFO
    SPINALCANCER.INFO

Additional Information : I would like at least the jpg and png. Also, I didn't see it in the DC forum thread rules, but I need to retain all rights to the image and copyrights - please don't submit if you don't agree.

Now let's see what you can come up with!
Thanks,
Clay

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone interested in this? At least the logo portion?

Thanks,
Clay

•••
My entries:
pokerbug.jpg

Hope for feedbacks!
Ps: your deadline is so far, that's the reason ;)

•••
Thanks Nguyen - I was just going by the forum info where it said longer was better - this is my first contest here.

I like the green and black - the reddish color needs to be more maroon I think.
Can you capitalize the P in poker and maybe add .com in the same black as Poker?
Not sure about the fonts until I see it with the changes so keep both.
On the first one, can you replace the ladybug looking "o" with what you did with the green circle you did on the left? I initially wanted a poker chip, but that may work - if you can come up with a poker chip I still like that concept.
On the second one, can you replace the ladybug looking "o" with what you did with the bug on the left - on the bug, get rid of the 3 dots and the white separator line if possible and center up the spade. I initially wanted the bugs to actually be the same shape as the suits like the spade so if you can take just that spade image and add legs and put it in place of the "o" I'd like to see that as well, but I do sort of like the suit centered on the red bug I think - just not sold on it yet.

Great first entry!
Thanks!

•••
Thankyou for feedbacks, anymore requires will be sastified!

Nice to serve you!

•••
The color in the first one is much better and I do like it having the .com included.
Can you remove the ladybug and green circle from the front of both.

On the first one, put the bug either on top of the .com or partially overlaying the m like it is crawling up on it.

Also, it can't be a ladybug, too feminine looking - maybe change the color to something else that would go with the spade being on it or better yet, make the spade into a bug with legs and simple eyes on it or if it is easier, use the clubs suit just to see how it looks.

For the O, I definitely want a poker chip with a small version of whatever you come up with for the bug centered in it.

Last thing is I don't like the second font and I do like the first font except for the way the g looks - can you choose a similar font to the first one that has a normal looking g?

Thanks!

•••
•••
Nice concept!
I'll get you some specific feedback tonight!

•••
I sent you a PM, but in addition to that can you give a couple different fonts - maybe something less harsh like your original second one, or Tempus Sans ITC, or anything you think might look a little more relaxed.

Thanks!

•••
•••
here are some ideas, feedback will be great ^^

graphic1z.png

•••
dlight - very nice first draft - I especially like the chips and the way you incorporated the 4 suits on the bug, but I'm pretty happy with Nguyen's second concept of the bug.

So I don't waste anyone's time I would like to close this contest early. Nguyen is the winner.

Mods, do I close the thread or wait until Nguyen and I work out the transfer?

Thanks!
Clay

•••
Congrats on the win nguyen_huy_hai
-----------------------------------------------------
Please update the thread once you both confirm the files / payment. At which time you as the contest holder or a mod can close out the contest. We like to get post confirmation for documentation purposes in the thread showing that the transaction has been successfully completed before closing a thread normally.

Thanks,

Eric Lyon
NamePros Team

•••
I have received the files and sent the payment/domains. Excellent experience with this forum DC! Thanks Huy and Scorpion!

•••
Pm received, thanks everyone! Great contest!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back