IT.COM

NetSol renewed and locked ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

polatdar

Account Closed
Impact
Hi all. Sorry i am not native speaker.

I have a domain at Network Solutions. But i forgot renew 2 years ago.
Network Solutions have been renewed my domain till 2009. Last month i login myaccount and domain was there. I have renewed more years with added my credit card. A week later my account locked. I cannot login.

I have contacted customer support. Then they want to colored ID card copy and call to them. I have send and called. First level customer service at phone cannot see any problem in myaccount. But my password did not worked. We (me and customer) resetted. Then i cannot login still. But he (NS customer service) can login. He escalated my support another service.

2 days later a person called to me and told to me they will take back domain for suspicious activity reason.

Domain is mine. I have not any suspicious activity. Only they renewed some period. But they were not change any whois/account info. Now i cannot login my NS account. Domain whois shown my information. But i cannot make any changes.

My friend told to me transfer to another NS account. When i tried transfer inside NetworkSolutions, i have "Domain in Special Status" error.

What must i do ?
Can any registrar make this ? They renew and not any whois changes and they became domain's owner ?

Thanks help

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have renewed more years with added my credit card.

Questions

1. What is the location of the registrant shown in whois?

2. What is the location of the bank which issued the credit card?

3. What is the location from which you logged in to use the credit card?

•••
i am in Turkey (Turkiye)

all of (1-2-3-) Turkey

•••
Just do everything they ask and hope you get it resolved.

•••
Can a registrar renewed a domain name without any whois changes
and in this way they became domain's owner ? yet whois information continue show me ?

•••
polatdar said:
Domain is mine.
Only for as long as it's in paid and good standing, polatdar. After the domain
name expires, the registrant doesn't own it and the registrar isn't necessarily
obligated to let them get it back.

Unfortunately the answer to your question is yes. From what you described, it
looks like they suspected potential fraud (even if they don't say it) and locked
it up.

At least check if they refunded you. But a domain name showing your contact
details and name, and an expired one at that, doesn't mean it's still yours.

It doesn't help anyone to have unrealistic expectations.

•••
From what you described, it
looks like they suspected potential fraud

Unfortunately, many registrars have begun automated profiling of various transactions, because of rampant fraud.

For example, renewing a domain name registered to an entity in China, from an IP address in Australia, using a credit card issued in Switzerland, is going to cause a problem.

•••
polatdar said:
But my password did not worked. We (me and customer) resetted. Then i cannot login still. But he (NS customer service) can login. He escalated my support another service.
If your cookies in your Internet browser are off, then you can not log in to most password protected accounts. You must turn your cookies on. This might explain why the customer service person could log in and you could not.

Also, if your "Caps Lock" keyboard key is on, then your password will be entered capitalized, and your password will be rejected. For example, if your password were 12abc and your Caps Lock key were on, Network Solutions would read your password as !@ABC.

One more thing. Sometimes, such an account can get locked if too many failed logins occur, or you call customer service too many times and they can't understand what the problem is.

As for Network Solutions, I stopped using them a long time ago because of similar problems.

•••
Homebuyer,

Thank you reply but:

"........2 days later a person called to me and told to me they will take back domain for suspicious activity reason......"

•••

polatdar said:
Homebuyer,

Thank you reply but:

"........2 days later a person called to me and told to me they will take back domain for suspicious activity reason......"
Who called you? I have never heard of a registrar taking back a domain for suspicious reasons.

Sometimes I use www.whocalled.us to identify callers. Other times I just google their seven digit phone number first, and then I google it with their area code and/or country code.

On suspicious calls, I do the above first. Legitimate businesses will show some google results identifying them. Then I return their calls.

•••
homebuyer said:
I have never heard of a registrar taking back a domain for suspicious reasons.
Ah, that's because they're hardly reported.

•••
Too

Dave Zan said:
Ah, that's because they're hardly reported.
Just like space aliens.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back