IT.COM

Fabulous PPC Far Superior to Sedo's: A Man's Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just wanted to share this especially with domain newbies. I was with Sedo's PPC (sedo.co.uk) from December 2003 - mid July 2004 and earned a puny 4.63 Euros total during those 8.5 months. I moved over to Fabulous (fabulous.com) and brought along my entire portfolio of domains, and have earned US$13.99 to date from mid-July 2004 (5 weeks).

In my experience, Sedo clicks do not usually earn above 0.08 euros each whereas Fabulous' PPC rates average about US$0.22. I have had on numerous occasions rates above US$0.40 and even US$0.92. More importantly, it appears that I have a lot more click throughs on Fabulous.

Sedo's advantages:
very easy to forward domains to Sedo's PPC eg. through CPanel
very well designed site and extremely user-friendly

Sedo's disadvantages:
very low PPC rates
high commissions on domain sales

Fabulous' advantages:
one of the best and swiftest customer service that I know of
high PPC rates
zero commission on domain sales

Fabulous' disadvantages:
need to use Fabulous' name servers which means that there could be a 24-48hrs disruption between DNS changes

Note: I do not earn PPC's through this appraisal of Fabulous' services but if you must you could send me a donation by clicking here! :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that link goes to namepros.com

•••
Originally posted by kaliboy2g
that link goes to namepros.com

But of course... :lol: :snaphappy:

•••
How many domains & uniques are you looking at here?

•••
Originally posted by Rikkers
How many domains & uniques are you looking at here?

I now have 86 domains in my Fabulous portfolio with 20 of them being very recently added. In the past 5 weeks, I have had 850 uniques and 70 clicks totalling almost US$14. Not too much traffic, of course, but it's a start!

Over at Sedo, in the 8.5 months I had 2240 views and 65 clicks earning 4.63 euros. About 60 domains with them.

Just to add: one little thing I really do not like about Fabulous is their exit pop-up ads (called pop-under ads?) - very spam-like. At least they are not those that open up another ad, and another, and another, and another, ad nauseum...

•••
It's good to hear from satisfied customers. Thanks for the report, drmaximus!

•••
thats a very fair accessment, i have using SEDO for 12 months now, some names are doing well but others are not getting the clicks...lots of views but no dollars!! will check out Faboulous!

•••
I have heard great things about Faboulous, but I dont think my puny 2-3 Clicks a day traffic would deem worth enough to switch over.

•••
I could have told you that a long time ago. Fab is way superior.

•••
Fabulous is....*silence*........ Fabulous.. :lol:

But I find SEDO a bit better if you have special niche domains that the Fabulous categories doesn't cover.
More relevant advertisers to choose from on SEDO, but higher payouts pr click on Fabulous (if you can find the right category)...

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've read very good things about fabulous service and support. Unfortunately, I have had 0 revenue and access glitches since signing on with them over a month ago.

Despite several emails, I still am at the end of a week without any access at all to my account. If it weren't for the many glowing reports at NP, I would have dropped them already and moved on to another parking service like DomainHop or others recommended here.

Hopefully, access will be restored soon and I can join the ranks of fabulous.com supporters.

•••
•••
•••
it depends on the domain and traffic. some do well at Fabulous, some do well at Sedo.

Foreign domains earn lousy at Fab and decent at Sedo.

•••
I do ok at Sedo with uk traffic domains. I get the impression that fabulous is better suited to us com traffic. The good thing is that we have competition between these and other ppc programs, which must benefit those of us looking to earn some cash from our domains before we develop or sell them.

•••
The thing with sedo is that they dont have a unique design that makes people click that fabolous has.

But I have talked with sedo and they are working on that, atleast thinking about it.

•••
Originally posted by NeonHQ
it depends on the domain and traffic. some do well at Fabulous, some do well at Sedo.

Foreign domains earn lousy at Fab and decent at Sedo.

Really? I have a French traffic domain and I have tried many times to change my keywords at sedo, it just doesn't work - all the links appearing in the parked page are in English and accordingly - click through rate is poor. Maybe it would be worht setting up a simple site with AdSense links in some cases?

•••
I have like to great sites with very targeted traffic.

1 at fabolous that were allmost 100% clicks ;D just a few unique per day

1 at sedo with like 100 unique per day, 20% clicks.

These pretty good figures.

•••
HI

I have around 30 domains at sedo and make a low $xxx monthly income from my domains there, It all depends on the domain and the traffic the domain gets, Plus how many domains you park with them, I did at one stage have 150 domains parked at sedo but then when DomainHop came out I moved the slower domains from sedo to DomainHop and have been happy with the results so far.

So all I can recommend is to try your domains with other ppc companies until you are happy with the results from your domains,

Also don't forget to test different keywords for each domain name before you give up on one ppc company and then move your domain to another.

Good thing about DomainHop you also earn on your domain impressions, it's only $4 per 1000 unique impression but it all adds up

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
Just an update concerning earnings on Fabulous (97 domains on portfolio):

July 2004 $8.28 2763 views, 542 uniques, 45 clicks
Aug 2004 $15.22 4908 views, 896 uniques, 71 clicks

Most earnings (>90%) come from one or two specific domains. As usual, s.u.p.e.r.b. and amiable customer service from Nathan. We've even exchanged numerous emails discussing parking optimization options, etc. Never seen such excellent online support before, and the site is never down and offers wonderful and highly customisable revenue reports.

•••
that is a good revenue, i should try fabulous and move from sedo soon

•••
I'm not thrilled with sedo and only leave my domains which have zero chance for type in there. They jusat dont pay well at all. But their stats are the most informative over all.

Im pretty happy so far with domain hop, but really am far from impressed with their stats as they do not provide any useful information.

Pie
eat it

choose one: lol

•••
September Update

Update: September 2004 Fabulous.com Stats

$19.89 Earnings*
1062 Uniques
120 Clicks

* 67.5% of which was accrued from one domain

•••
drmaximus said:
Update: September 2004 Fabulous.com Stats

$19.89 Earnings*
1062 Uniques
120 Clicks

* 67.5% of which was accrued from one domain

Are you direct it to PPC (ROAR) or affiiliates Pages (Dark Blue)?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back