IT.COM

domain 2 of the Highest stat Japanese Video game IDNs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I own 2 of the highest searched Japanese video game IDNs (International Domain names)

I've tried a few sites without luck to check buyer value.

The stats are from Overture Japan (searches for the term from Japan)
http://inventory.jp.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

パソコンゲーム.com (translation: computer game(s) or PC games)
stats: 152,232

テレビゲーム.com (translation TV game(s) common term used for TV console games)
Overture Stats 781,658 searches for July

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do they get any traffic? Japanese IDNs hardy go with most .ext except .jp (but the first name is not regged in .jp yet!)

•••
You can register .com Japanese IDNs...
These are both .com Japanese IDNs that we own.

IDNs don't really have type in traffic at this point. It's a hard fact. They only have value based on common terms value & ease of recognition.

I'm fluent in Japanese & these two are 2 of the most common gaming terms in Japanese.

•••
Olney said:
You can register .com Japanese IDNs...
These are both .com Japanese IDNs that we own.

I know it, believe me :) I've got IDNs in japanese, korean, chinese, spanish, french, greek, russian, etc. (.coms, .tvs, ccTLDs). I mean japanese or chinese IDNs hardly go with .coms i.e. so they dont get any traffic although some of my IDNs get quite good revenue and have been sold for good money. Even they have good Ovt (but without .ext I suppose) these are just descriptive searches from search engines. Ovt. is a little bit misleading here IMO. Probably they need some development before market appraisal.

•••
I'm just confused a bit by "they don't go with other extensions." especially if you actually own some.

On Yahoo Auction Japan there are plenty of .net & .com IDNs..

There are a few major Japanese sites like onamae.com which uses it's IDN .com Sony even owns their playstation IDN .com

I could develop them & probably will just put up Japanese forums but beforehand I would have liked to see if someone could give a value amount. I'm not trying to mislead anyone as my personal thinking is that the Overture stats are there. .jp is an option too but we own .coms IDNs.

This isn't a knock to you... If there is something wrong with .com IDNs I'd just like to know why. I'll be back in Tokyo this month to live so I'm only going by online stats I'm finding.

•••
Sorry, it is a matter of my english. I'll say it in other words: asian IDNs registered on .com, .net, etc. (I mean .tv as the third one) dont get much traffic (so I've written: hardly go with... - my mistake maybe) even they have good OVT. I've got some (including Japan.tv IDN) and I'am disappointed a little bit. I did not discover how to obtain japanese IDN with .ext using OVT. I registered some europeans IDNs having OVT with ext. about 30-40 and they get 20-100 visits/day. Asian dont. So my point is that even there is a huge OVT for japanese expression, a little can be converted into traffic using com, net or TV.

•••
From your post I just don't see the logic that a .jp is going to some how bring more traffic.

As I stated the current situation with native Japanese IDNs are type in traffic is low. Since they are converted to punycode the search engines are not currently automatically converting punycode in their searches. I posted this in the second post my asking for appraisal is based on ease of recognition & value of term.

Truthfully I would still assume .com has more value because by default if you just do type in the term without the extension it goes to the .com & not the .jp this is with all IDNs.

Again I'm asking if someone can give an appraisal based on value of term, ease of recognition & based on Overture Japan stats please

•••
Olney said:
From your post I just don't see the logic that a .jp is going to some how bring more traffic.

The logic just comes from IDN experience: generic ID names are more popular in respective country TLD and mostly registered. I noticed that your first name is not registered under .jp - so just wonder why but does not matter.

パソコンゲーム - pc game (or: Personal computer game)

テレビゲーム - tv game (or: television game)

Both names looks quite generic for game community and I belive in bright future for these kind of names (although for type-in traffic names). Without active brokering them and serious developing I doubt they are worth much over reg. fee for western resellers.

•••
I'm sorry maybe you misunderstood why I want an appraisal.
Most members here are Pros... so I'm asking from the stats.
Based on the facts here.
The term テレビゲーム (literal translation TV Game) is searched for 781,658 times a month in Japan
The term パソコンゲーム (Literal Translation Computer Game or Games) is searched for 152,232 times a month in Japan.

I'm not trying to sell these to a US reseller. They can't read or communicate with Game companies in Tokyo but I do work for a Japanese magazine that I can pitch a marketing campaign to these companies.

So for Japan having a very large game market, based only on stats & these 2 being 2 of the top searched terms for gaming (excluding game companie's names) you would just say reg fee?

If it was a .jp what would you say then? Maybe I'd be more interested in that answer. Seriously I'm not looking to sell to a US broker I just wanted to ask expert opinions here.. I can market it in Tokyo myself.

Or if you had to appraise computergames.com in English what would you give it?

•••
Olney said:
I'm sorry maybe you misunderstood why I want an appraisal.
Most members here are Pros... so I'm asking from the stats.
Based on the facts here.
The term テレビゲーム (literal translation TV Game) is searched for 781,658 times a month in Japan
The term パソコンゲーム (Literal Translation Computer Game or Games) is searched for 152,232 times a month in Japan.

I'm not trying to sell these to a US reseller. They can't read or communicate with Game companies in Tokyo but I do work for a Japanese magazine that I can pitch a marketing campaign to these companies.

So for Japan having a very large game market, based only on stats & these 2 being 2 of the top searched terms for gaming (excluding game companie's names) you would just say reg fee?

If it was a .jp what would you say then? Maybe I'd be more interested in that answer. Seriously I'm not looking to sell to a US broker I just wanted to ask expert opinions here.. I can market it in Tokyo myself.

Or if you had to appraise computergames.com in English what would you give it?

There are 3 x 2 worlds here (at least): IDN vs. latin names, .com vs the rest of ext., resellers vs. end-users IDNs have a long way to go until they are highly priced domains (I prefer it happen as quickly as possible), .coms are the highest priced names in general, end user is not easy to be found and there are domainers here mostly. For me these 2 domains are valuable and worth much more then reg fee (I expected resellers to say:reg fee) but I think your end user is somewhere in Japan so you'll easy sell them there if these names are so popular.
And you can check up yourself using OVT Japan the number of searches for
国内線.com (as an example). For the names you registered there are no results with .com so looks like people search for these names in another way or for another reason. IDNs are not so easy for selling/brokering and it can be worth to order a paid appraisal somewhere in reliable service.
Wish you good luck with your names, hookah

•••
I see exactly what you are saying now but I have to explain something to you.
This is also from experience.

That 国内線 & .com It's people searching for a .com with train information

According to what you are saying if Japanese people are searching for a keyword & .com attached then an IDN has value.
Unfortunately there are only 10 Japanese words in native japanese that are searched for with .com attached.

Saying that an IDN needs to be searched with a .com to make it has value is the same as saying it has to have type ins.

It's like this guy. You first tell me it has little keyword value because it's a .com I checked overture Japan for IDN .jps that are searched. There are none.

Then you tell me this has no value because people are not searching the keyword with the .com? This makes no sense at all. I own THE top Japanese keywords for video games which ビデオゲーム(video game) only gets 591 searches a month.

The term real estate doesn't have value because of people searching for "real estate .com" in Yahoo does it? "Homes for sale" does it have value based only on people searching for "Homes for Sale .com"?

I just don't understand you saying people are searching for these terms some other way. These 2 domain names are exact terms searched for in Yahoo Japan. Keyword domains.

I'm not trying to sell to an American broker when I go back to Tokyo I'm going to try to do a marketing campaign pitch with magazine/media company I work for there. If it is directly being pitched to gaming companies & the exact term is searched for 150k times a month & 750k times per month I'm asking what would an appraisal be. Japanese people don't automatically search .com on everything. Think about this in real world terms. Are you pitching to sell all your IDNs or domains because of stats off Overture with the .com attached?

•••
I am only saying that Ovt. shows traffic potential if lists given name with .ext It works. I registered hundreds of domains having Ovt. with ext and only several failed to have any significan traffic. I apply the same to IDN domains. The second indicator is if a name is generic or not, of course. I go for generic IDNs without traffic sometimes. Just I keep them and wait for better times. The domain market for IDN domains have not stabilized prices yet. Anyway, we must use some indicators for finding good names so the overture frequency search is a good one but it comes from many sources (so appearance of ext. with a given name is additional valuable info). I only know for sure that most of IDN names work better with native country TLD then with tops. Better but not only. IDNs are not the names for worldwide market yet but native speakers have a little different point of view (maybe better).
Concerning the first name I've noticed that people more frequently use 'PC ゲーム' instead of 'パソコンゲーム' (as google and yahoo show) but both look quite generic anyway. Probably they are worth what buyer is willing to pay. Life usually corrects expectations.

•••
OK I'm understanding your point of view.
The 2 domains I own I'd like to see if someone else can give an appraisal based on keyword value & searched stats from the overture Japan Tool. These are not going to be marketed to be sold in the US or Europe but I am assuming most Pros here have experience with domains that are easy to remember & have keyword value for a certain market.

These are not the only but they are 2 of the highest searched video game keywords in Japan according to OVT Japan & based on the fact that I'm fluent in Japanese & lived most of my adult life in Japan.

I use the Overture Japan tool because it pulls results ONLY from data from searchers in JAPAN.

Anyone else have any words...

and hookah I do appreciate you opnions but I am looking for a real appraisal for the market based on stats I give. Truthfully there are less than 10 IDNs that are searched for by the .coms on OVT. According to your thinking nothing would have value. VideoGames.com or TVGames.com has potential to their market. Sony owns the IDN for Playstation.com in Japanese it isn't searched at all by the .com would you see value in that? Sony did & they bought it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back