IT.COM

What is the scoop on Capitoldomains, LLC

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Who is this company?

They have registered most of the domains that dropped on 8-5-05 (and perhaps previous dates) that were not backordered. This includes names without rank or traffic or anything else that would denote obviuos value.

I can post a very long list of dropped names to check against if anyone wants to see what I'm ranting about.

WHOIS record for capdom.com:
Registrant:
Capitoldomains LLC. (CAPDOM-COM-DOM)
13205 SW 137th Ave. suite #133
Miami, FL 33186
US
+1.3472140249
+1.3472140249
[email protected]
Record last updated on 02-Aug-2005.
Record expires on 11-Jul-2006.
Record created on 11-Jul-2005.

Google search for [URL="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=capitoldomains&btnG=Search]capitoldomains[/URL] (only 116 results) and "capdom.com" (only 5 results).

So are they a new company trying to snatch most/all of the non-backordered dropping domains?

Here is a quick of a random section of the 5-char LLLLL .coms that were dropped 8-5-05 and most were picked up by Capitoldomains:

wfhqw.com
wenro.com
wefqe.com
wdlcn.com
vnbig.com
viptd.com
viamt.com
vgdev.com
vethc.com
vasvo.com
valoe.com

I can post some other lists if anyone is interested in spending some time doing some WHOIS lookups to verify what I'm ranting about. I've looked at more than I can count today and Capitoldomains just kept showing up in many of the results.

If this has been discussed before, then please disregard. Per the research I did on them they seem like new company trying to put a squeeze the Droplist.

Thanks,

rxmr

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They may be a drop registrar.

•••
marisolblue said:
They may be a drop registrar.

From their website:

"Welcome to CapitolDomains
CapitolDomains is dedicated to bulk domain registrations for large customers and PPC revenue sharing advertising solutions
."

So, definitely a registrar, but it seems like they bought/are buying most of the dropping names that are not backordered (at least the ones under 10 chars - the only ones I checked). This is something I'll have to keep an eye on as it could severely limit the way we buy expired domains. That is to say, may be required to use Pool, Enom, SnapNames @ $60/min. per catch instead of reg. fee after the drop.

rxmr

•••
•••
Hi,

Are they allow to do that? I was watching and waiting for a domain name to be dropped and can be registered, but then the domain name is now registered to Capitoldomains.

Is there a way to get the domain name now?

•••
I noticed that too! Every single name on a drop list was registered; even the horrible ones like 'yourmomgoestocollegeinflorida.com' was registered by the same company. they must have massive funds to invest.

•••
scrsteven said:
they must have massive funds to invest.

Most (ie. the ones with no traffic) will be available again now.

The registrars agreement with the registry allows them to hand back domains for a limited time without cost.
I think the original idea behind this was to allow the registrars to return names they registered on behalf of clients but were never paid for.
So now any acredited registrar can grab all the names in the drop, traffic test them, & then hand back the rubbish knowing that the ones they pay for should earn their keep.

It's something that several registrars are doing - look at all the LLLL domains at enom's club drop with no bids- and it also happens with some Nominet tag holders & .UK names.

•••
How go about getting one of these domains?

I am not in the business of buying/selling domain names. I just need a domian for a client so I can put up their website. How do I get it now if this capitoldomains business has bought it up???

Am I going to have to pay alot for it, or is it not even available?

Thanks!

•••
lindabad said:
I am not in the business of buying/selling domain names. I just need a domian for a client so I can put up their website. How do I get it now if this capitoldomains business has bought it up???

Am I going to have to pay alot for it, or is it not even available?

Thanks!

I had the same prob :s

Grégoire.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back