IT.COM

NamePros...204 days old!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you know that NamePros.com is 204 days old today!

It presently has 1762 members.

50,111 posts.

It has averaged 8.64 new members per day (who's going to claim to be the .64?).

Those 1762 members have averaged 28.44 posts per member.

All those posts average out to 245.64 per day.

Oh, by the way the first thread is here...

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1

I was going to reply to it and get it active again but, out of respect for our more senior members, I passed.

Not selling anything for the moment so I thought I would come up with some "borderline useless" trivia.
(hope my math is right)

ENJOY!

ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More trivia:
THAT first thread you mentioned was at least 3 1/2 months BEFORE the current Namepros Administrative/Moderator "Team" assembled and began its work toward what you see now, and thanks to you folks who post and contribute (and assist) to the #1 "community" on the whole dang 'Net, IMHO. Some of us even consider the site to be only 99 days old today ... in its present form of openess, mutual respect, productivity, and information & knowledge sharing.
Truly, the greatest asset here at Namepros is its active and loyal membership ... and that's really the reason why we come to "work" each and every day. :)
Thanks for the stats, Scott.

•••
Hey Scott! Thanks for the history refresher!

Here's a few more dates for our timeline

2/6 DomainViews.Com opens its doors for new members (-RJ-) First members signup the next day.

2/17 NamePros.Com, a new domain related forum run by NameGuy and TopNames.Com, launches.

2/22 The original NamePros.com is defunct.

3/20 DomainViews forum becomes NamePros.com

5/30 NameCaster joins NP staff

6/4 CoolHost.Com joins NP staff

6/5 DrWho joins NP staff

The forum really started "coming together" when our current team of four came together. We've been off and running every since.

Would be interesting to find the first name appraisal and what the first name was that sold on NP. :) Maybe if I'm bored someday I'll look it up.

•••
•••
quick

thats quite quick:o most forums take a long time to pick up this far. anyway i am glad to be part of this community:p

also let me add one more historical record.

on 26 July 2003, I joined NamePros.:p

•••
Nice job owner of namepros. I like this forum :D.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
Hey Scott! Thanks for the history refresher!

Here's a few more dates for our timeline

2/6 DomainViews.Com opens its doors for new members (-RJ-) First members signup the next day.

2/17 NamePros.Com, a new domain related forum run by NameGuy and TopNames.Com, launches.

2/22 The original NamePros.com is defunct.

I thought for sure the original NP was open for more than a week, does the 207 days include original namepros launch date?

•••
Originally posted by doubledee999
I thought for sure the original NP was open for more than a week, does the 207 days include original namepros launch date?

I believe the 207 days is from the launch of this site as DomainViews.com. The original Nameguy version of NamePros.com was launched after this site originally opened.

If I have my dates wrong, feel free to check and correct them. B-)

•••
Profound resource & impressive growth.. Nice work NamePros staff!

•••
Ok,

I get it domainviews was transfered to NP, correct
?

•••
Originally posted by DaZ884
Nice job owner of namepros. I like this forum :D.

That would be RJ ... and he's truly the best in the business, IMHO. :)

Originally posted by WandaCox
Profound resource & impressive growth.. Nice work NamePros staff!

Thank you for your very kind words, Wanda!
Much more still to come ... that we are working on, in fact, this very Labor Day weekend. Yep, beach days are over for this summer. :D
See you soon.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Question....Who was the first person ever to sell/buy NP$'s? :o

•••
Last edited:
•••
Scott,
I think Enomaccount was the first person to buy NP$'s from Bank but people were selling NP$'s before exchange came out. :tu:

•••
You could be right Sohil. I'm gonna pass the buck to any of our more original members to track this one down.

ST

•••
Originally posted by Coastalguy
You could be right Sohil. I'm gonna pass the buck to any of our more original members to track this one down.

ST

I will throw in some NP$'s too. :tu:

•••
Congrats namepros on your great achievement!! :)

•••
This thread is almost 2 years old ~ Did you actually read it ? :)

Edit - Typo :'( actually not acually

Last edited:
•••
•••
Haha. Maybe he thought there were only 1762 members lol. Funniest mistake award of the year has just been claimed :lol:

•••
Oldie, but a goodie! :D

Thanks, folks!
-Jeff B-)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back