Dynadot

SarahPalin.com Up For Sale On eBay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just saw a listing on eBay for SarahPalin.com !
It's getting 10k uniques a day in type-in traffic.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're taking about this listing, note that this auction is not for the domain name itself, but for information on how to contact the owner:

Okay here's what is up for auction. Information. I'm auction off information on how you can get in touch with the Webmaster who owns SarahPalin.com​

•••
Sarah is slowwwwwwww. she needs to UDRP that name! lol

•••
It's about all it's worth, 1 cent. Another eBay joker.

•••
Well it will be popular and visited the next 11-14 days, then its over and will be forgotten :)

•••
testingyou said:
Well it will be popular and visited the next 11-14 days, then its over and will be forgotten :)

what about the domain though?
:bingo:

•••
poing said:
If you're taking about this listing, note that this auction is not for the domain name itself, but for information on how to contact the owner:

Okay here's what is up for auction. Information. I'm auction off information on how you can get in touch with the Webmaster who owns SarahPalin.com​

What a lame attempt at scamming. :|

-Bill

•••
seanps said:
Just saw a listing on eBay for SarahPalin.com !
It's getting 10k uniques a day in type-in traffic.
the devil's in the details...

•••
shockie said:
the devil's in the details...

Yup, and there is a sucker born every minute.

•••
Let's just hope it's not a NPer selling "information" :|
eBay should pull this crap and get some of their credibility back. There's too much stuff like this going on.

M.

•••
Nice crap. Honestly though it does go to boys and girls club "supposively"

•••
Mike said:
Let's just hope it's not a NPer selling "information" :|
eBay should pull this crap and get some of their credibility back. There's too much stuff like this going on.

M.

Stop using ebay, they are getting worse by the minute......

Cheers

Frank

•••
Wow that's not misleading at all and at no way an attempt to scam someone out of their money.........Wonder if I should open an auction on how to contact the webmaster of namepros.

I would like to see any certificate/receipt or any other exempt form you have for your so called donation to the boys and girls club because this auction has fishy written all over it.

•••
-Adam- said:
Wow that's not misleading at all and at no way an attempt to scam someone out of their money.........Wonder if I should open an auction on how to contact the webmaster of namepros.

I would like to see any certificate/receipt or any other exempt form you have for your so called donation to the boys and girls club because this auction has fishy written all over it.

Well, i just have to ask you Adam, have you had to much caffeine today? :)

Just look at the title of that posting:

"Own or rent this domain"....almost 95% of everyone interested in buying that domain is clicking on this ad...what leads me to admit, genius marketing sting....

Is it fishy? maybe not, it is maybe just a clever way to try to get a sucker....

Is it a waste of my or anyone Else's time? yes...but a lot of ebay users don't even know what whois is....

Is it an attempt of scamming someone?..YES because if you put yourself in the shoes of someone who sees this and is desperate to make some living(especially these days) and pays for information what is clearly public, freely available then i call it "scam"

Just my 2 cents(worth only 10% these days, thanks wall street!)

Cheers

Frank

•••
That listing did say this:

Please understand what you're bidding on.

•••
Dave Zan said:
That listing did say this:

And his previous 2 eBay feedbacks are each priceless in their own way:

Neutral feedback rating very slow delivery, when he finally responded he still did not ship for another
2thperry ( 42 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
May-28-08 09:33
-- (#140228446770) --
Positive feedback rating let me back out of win because of cancelled wedding. very understanding
martinsa1324 ( 31 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
May-05-08 23:02
-- (#140223105668) --

•••
after sniffing arround about this matter, I found this :

"Mr. Torkelson requires a minimum of $0.01 per unique visitor. Based on the stats that he provided in emails, the daily cost would probably be around $80 to $100 per day. He requires a one month commitment."

that means that the ending bid on the ebay page is to be counted as the price per unique visitor.

LOL

•••
testingyou said:

Yep, that is right. All those traffic will go down the drain.

•••
Its a guy from DNF trying to sell the domain, he was getting it appraised last week. I love the way he's attempting to circumvent ebay fees. I hope they nail him for it.

•••
Of course this ends up on ebay of all places... lol

•••
It may be slimy, but it is business as usual at ebay :)

•••
well, that domain, I think it's smart to sell it coz after all you won't be able to keep it.

•••
I actually think its a way to send traffic to the political blog SinglePill.com.
eBay is a great way to create link bait, I thought that everyone knows that.

•••
The real owner of SarahPalin.com did not post that listing. Here is the real owner and that's me carrying on the conversation:

http://www.DNF/f4/sarahpalin-com-value-thread-330559.html

•••
ameRie said:
I think it's smart to sell it coz after all you won't be able to keep it.

Only a crazy dude will buy it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back