Domain Empire

Has Snapnames ever sold someones domain by mistake ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gazzip

First Time Poster !VIP Member
Impact
I won one in a 3 day auction a couple of days ago but am now having doubts that I actually own it ?? :| :-/

Maybe I just need to wait a few more days to see what happens.

Has anyone ever won/paid for a name at snapnames and then found out later it was actually not theirs to sell ??

Is this possible ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gazzip,

It's happened once or twice when certain databases haven't been updated in time, but that particular error has been a rare event. Without more info my first guess is that the winner-notification/account-login emails you should have received upon winning somehow were waylaid. Have you emailed support@snapnames and reported the problem?

--Kjel

•••
Thanks Kjel - I've just fired an email off to snapnames to see what is going on.

I don't know if it is a snapnames problem or Melbourneit register problem ???

or just a Gazzip problem :hehe:

•••
I have noticed that if you win a domain on Friday, you will not get the name until mid-day Monday. Not sure if this is what happened, but I have never won and paid for a name and never got it.

•••
jamie31877 said:
I have noticed that if you win a domain on Friday, you will not get the name until mid-day Monday. Not sure if this is what happened, but I have never won and paid for a name and never got it.

I'm hoping thats all it is - I won it on the 22nd, and did receive confirmation from snapnames and a register key from the new register, Melbourneit.

I got in once with the key and managed to change the nameservers - but the name is still not showing in my Melbourneit account ?? and the domain is not showing my parking page, it is parked at another ??

Melbourneit is saying it is still registered at another place ? I'm confused :-/ as this has never happened before.

Maybe it is still just somewhere in limbo land :hehe: and needs a few more days.

•••
One name I bought took a week to update the whois & send the account username + password. Sure it'll get to you eventually.

•••
Thanks for the good advice guys :) I was starting to think it was a major screw up !

•••
kjel is snapnames - just fwiw.

We've received emails before stating that something akin to this has happened (Recently, "This name never should have been auctioned to begin with" - enigmatic), but I personally have never had this happen.

-Allan

•••
I'd like Snapnames to sell my domain/site that get some aMAZING prices.

•••
Kjel said:
Have you emailed support@snapnames and reported the problem?

--Kjel

Yes Kjel - Yesterday but no reply from snapnames yet - just sent one to Melbourneit too. :'(

Kjel - If I actually received a confimation letter from snapnames saying that I had won does this mean there is no chance it is a screw up by snapnames ??

•••
Well this really sucks :yell:

I won the name on 22 sept - Still don't have control of it ???

No reply from Snapnames customer service or Melbournit either !!! hmmmm

Won another name at snap on 26 september - its in my account and parked already ! (27th)

Kjel - if you are reading this I would really appreaciate if you can PM me and offer some kind of assistance and clear up if it is a snapnames, melbourneit or a user problem by myself.

Thanks

•••
Email me at kjel@snapnames with the domain.

•••
Thanks alot Kjel - email is sent :)

LOL this is going to make you laugh guys !! WHAT A FERK** NUMPTY I AM !

I just had a quick reply from Kjel at snapnames - Yup, it was Gazzip ERROR !!!!

The domain name I backordered a while ago was goodadvise.com but I thought it was Goodadvice.com and never noticed that it was a typing error !!! :'(

I don't know whether to laugh of cry :lol: I wondered why there was only one other person that backordered it !!

I had been typing it in correctly "umpteen times" to see if it was parked yet at sedo but it was going to the correct spelling parking page !

Not sure why it is not showing up in my Melbourneit account yet ?

The reason I did not get a reply from snapnames is because I sent it to support@snapnames and forgot to put the .com on !!

Please accept my humble apologies Snapnames !!
:guilty: Damn am I feeling stupid right now !

Go on Guys/Gals - Let me have it :yell:

So here's some Good Advice (with a "c" ) - Pay more attention :hehe:

Thanks again Kjel :)

Last edited:
•••
Don't feel bad...a long time ago I ordered eSimpel thinking I was getting eSimple.

I think Snapnames makes lots of $$ on domainers that are working entirely too late. ;)

•••
Gazzip, You gazzed it up :laugh:
Stop working late nights! ;)

•••
Ben42 said:
Don't feel bad...a long time ago I ordered eSimpel thinking I was getting eSimple.

I think Snapnames makes lots of $$ on domainers that are working entirely too late. ;)

LOL - I bet they do make quiet a few sales like that ! It could be worse, I could've paid $500 for it instead of $60 !! :lol:

Gazzip, You gazzed it up
Stop working late nights!

Now that IS Good Advice - I stay up till 3 am every night !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back