NameSilo

domain A Company Just Paid 10k For The .net Version On Sedo! How Much For Mine? "ryl" 3 Char

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWDigital

Adapt and OvercomeEstablished Member
Impact
I OWN RYL.US AND HAVE OFFERED IT FOR SALE ON HERE BEFORE FOR NOMINAL AMOUNTS THINKING IT WAS WORTHLESS, THEN I AM LOOKING ON WWW.AFTERNIC.COM TODAY AND SAW THAT SOMEONE HAD BOUGHT THE RYL.NET FOR 10K!
IT WAS BY A COMPANY CALLED "PLANETWIDE GAMES" http://www.planetwidegames.com
THEY JUST RELEASED THE BETA VERSION FOR THIS HUGE ONLINE FANTASY GAME CALLED "RYL" (RISK YOUR LIFE)! WHEN I CALLED THEM TODAY THEY SAID THE CEO WAS TRYING TO REACH ME AT AN OLD EMAIL ADDRESS FOR MY DOMAIN NAME SINCE THEY WANTED THE .US DOMAIN! ALSO I LOOK UP "RYL" ON THE INTERNET AND ITS THE STOCK TICKER SYMBOL FOR RYLAND HOMES AND ALSO THEIR ACRONYM! A FORTUNE 500 COMPANY! (#481) WWW.RYLAND.COM
I SPOKE WITH THE MARKETING ASST. AND THEY ARE GOING TO CONSIDER BUYING IT AS WELL BEFORE THE SOFTWARE COMPANY GETS IT! HOW MUCH SHOULD I ASK AND WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE FOR THE .US DOMAIN GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES? ALSO IS THERE ANY POTENTIAL CYBER-SQUATTING ISSUES HERE?, I INTENDED THE DOMAIN TO MEAN "REFINANCE YOUR LOAN"..ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE? :? :? :? :?

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME!

CHRIS :kickass:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dont write in caps.

I say you email them and make an offer

•••
WHY NOT ITS MY THREAD! LOL... :) ok ok ok

anyone else?

•••
The CAPS make your post look like it was written by a Nigerian Email Scammer. You need a new keyboard or something? ;)

But seriously, sound like you're in a good position to make a sale. Any price of $1000 or more, you'll be scoring big for this three letter domain. I would aim for the $2500 range and be willing to settle for 1k based on how the negotiations go. Cybersquatting is not an issue if you registered the name before they started using the term.

•••
YOUR MAMMA IS NIGERIAN! LOL! :::bows to admin graciously!::: j/k!

thanks for the advice..anyone else?

•••
Originally posted by superdealchris
... anyone else?

Sure, what are we appraising here ... "RYL.US"?
Thanks.
:wave:

•••
•••
I LOVE DOMAINS MORE THAN POT

Last edited:
•••
Before hearing about the two potential end users: low $xx wholesale.

After: low $xxx end user. Follow up with both parties and see what they'll offer.

•••
$1000
CAPS mean shout in internet :)

•••
gOOD ONE cHRIS. oops. Gotta love it when you hear that the CEO is looking for you to find a name. A 10K sale for a 3LLL .net is good news for .net and all 3LLL domains. The fact that it is a .us, and that a CEO is even aware of .us, is good news for .us and demonstrates that the "minor" tlds are gaining awareness and becoming less "minor".

I would place the value of a 3LLL .us @ approx 10% (and rising) of a 3LLL.net and follow suit w/ other appraisers:
1K min
Shoot for more (but not too much more).
Let us know how it works out. :tu:

•••
yeah so far looks like he said they are buying it for $2500.00, looks like they want it for their game...will keep everyone updated and let you know when this goes thru! The funny thing is someone we all know just passed up this domain for $100!

•••
•••
The funny thing is someone we all know just passed up this domain for $100!

Not very funny to whomever that may have been. There is a degree of luck involved here. Looking at percentages, the chances are that the name could have sat for another year w/ the $100 price tag. I wouldn't have paid $100 for it yesterday, but today, heck, I'll give you that and throw in a couple of bucks to boot.
:lol:

•••
Heh, look who owns the .org + .biz of it (FMA = Elequa)

Seriously though. Take a deep breath, calm down.
Remember that google indexes all the pages here within a day or two and that might not be so good for your sale.

$10k for the .net does not mean mid 4 digits for the .us - It may however mean at least high three digits if they want to lock down other tld's. Ask for $2k, be prepared to cut that in half to keep them interested.

Last edited:
•••
Don't gloat too much, that person could easily direct the CEO to this forum/thread and your offer could turn into $110. Or the CEO could find it himself.

When will people learn that these are PUBLIC forums? Shut up and make the sale.

•••
I would just keep it then...I like it actually and the more I think about it the more it feels like $2500 isnt enough...the way I see things is basically if its meant to be then its meant to be and I want us all to succeed and make money...We are all on the same team here and need to help each other, hell...we could form an alliance of domainers and just wreak havoc on end users

...wait thats what we are, arent we?

•••
I would aim for $x,xxx , in some markets .net is the thing to have. Technic compamnies and stuff like that.

But I would guess you get mid $xxx

Last edited:
•••
•••
word.....wish I had the .com..dont we all.. :)

anyone know anything about the new .xxx that is possibly coming?

•••
Originally posted by superdealchris
...anyone know anything about the new .xxx that is possibly coming?

You might want to open a new thread on that one.

ST

•••
so anyways...anyone else have anything fun to add? :)

•••
Nothing much, you got really lucky, post back when, if, you make the sale. Good Luck

•••
•••
Sold "RYL.us" domain to them (planetwidegames), received check, done deal!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back