IT.COM

Need Some Help Choosing My New Reseller.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Howdy All.

Righto, im currently at ResellerZoom. Have been there for about 6 months now, no problems whatsoever - im on the advanced reseller ($24) plan. 5GB space, 75GB BW.

However, recently the server load has been getting very high - the community has slowed down and i dont feel as secure as i used to. Also, some recent changes (Including restricitng the amount of domain names) has really upset me. Being a avid domainer, i really did need unlimted domain parking etc.

So, im looking for the migrate and i hope you can help :)

Heres my previous hosting history:

Free Cpanel (Various Places)
Cpanel & WHM (Tamrada - Lasted a week, very bad experience)
Cpanel (HostGator, Support wasnt very good)
Cpanel & WHM (ResellerZoom - As above, lasted 6 months)

So im very good with cPanel and WHM, so i guess that would be the right choice. However i love learning new things, so i dont mind. Something with a nice interface is good, Site5's NetAdmin looks nice.

Im not needing a large amount of space or BW at the moment - However I will need to be able to upgrade to a higher plan within a day or 2 if needed, at a good price.

My main needs are Support (I like a active user support forum :)) Reliability and of course price

Ive been looking at PolurNET.Com, and they look very good - but the user forum isnt too active. Ive also been looking at Site5 - very active user supported forum - and the features look good (Multi-Site) and stuff like that but im not sure whether its the right choice for me, and whether netadmin is easy to use.

Im not actually reselling my accounts, just a reseller is good for me to organise all my sites - so Site5's Multi-Site would be fine (By the looks of it) though a reseller set-up (Like WHM) would be nice as i do give a few temp free accounts out to people who need them when im not using all my resources.

I also need unlimited MySQL etc. PHP5, Ruby on Rails is preferable as im going to have a go at learning it, but not a must.

So, important things:

Price: <$30 (Below $25 preferable)
Good Support, reliability, and user forum is a must.
Space and BW, Looking for as much as possible in the long run, but not at a sacrifice of the above - Small account good to start, then update - though im not looking to be moving servers due to an upgrade - so i'll probably go for the biggest package i can afford straight off.

So, throw some sites at me :) Tell me your experiences etc. I dont mind people advertising their own sites as it were, or just giving me a link to their own site. But do follow the forum rules, no aff links please.

Thanks

Flubber :)

PS: Just a question to those who know the answer, ive currently got custom nameservers over at ResellerZoom, with dedicated IPs, how easy is this going to be to switch over? Or does it mean im going to have pay extra or something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is a user forum a must?

Im sure support via ticket and live is more effective?

•••
I just like having a user-base, just so you can interact with other users on the same server and stuff.

Sure live support is great - but its always from one perspective 'This Server you are on is good, this cpu level is normal'

Whereas user supported, you can get different perspectives :)

Flubber

•••
Hello,
Here is the problem with your request. You want unlimited domains but you also want a low server load. By offering unlimited domains it allows people to put thousands of domains on the server at no additional dollar cost. The actual cost is in server performance. This is where you see the higher server loads, which is also something you don't want. I would think you would want limits on the addon domains to prevent server abuse (i.e. high server load).
It is kinda like saying you can bring as many people onto the bus as you want. But when the bus starts to become overpacked the bus will slow down and your personal view of the bus will change.

John

•••
try hiya-host.com. They have 100% uptime the past few months and guaranteed 99.9%. Their prices are very cheap, but the server is really fast and there is plenty of webspace/bandwidth. Here are their resellers (they can also create custom resellers):
Bronze Reseller
Space: 5,000mb
Bandwidth: 50,000mb
mysql, ftp, email, etc: 1000
cPanel + Fantastico + WHM
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Price: $12 - monthly

Silver Reseller
Space: 10,000mb
Bandwidth: 100,000mb
mysql, ftp, email, etc: 5,000
Price: $25 - monthly

Gold Reseller
Space: 20,000mb
Bandwidth: 200,000mb
mysql, ftp, email, etc: 10,000
Price: $40 - monthly

Diamond Reseller
Space: 50,000mb
Bandwidth: 500,000mb
mysql, ftp, email, etc: Unlimited
Price: $75 - monthly

I might also add that there is a user support forum, and I am one of the global moderators on the forum and I'm on about 8 hours per day so... chances are your questions will either be answered by the staff or by the users. :) By the way, I have been with hiya-host for nearly 2 years.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Howdy all.

Thanks for all your PMs and replys - they have been very useful :tu:

Ive gone for PolurNET after have a chat with Anand, ive got a good plan and im looking towards the future with them now :)

First impressions: Absolute Excellence :D

Thanks,

Flubber

•••
Good luck with your new host.

•••
Just an update for all of you,

They're transfered all my accounts over, Anand has been very nice and patient and i am Very happy so far. Super Fast server, and great initial support.

I really do recommend PolurNET hosting for all your hosting needs, I hope that i can continue with them for as long as i can :)

Thanks

Flubber

•••
I personally like crediblehost.com. I've been using them for almost 2 years and bonnie is great and so are the prices.

•••
i like these 2:
dreamhost.com
myvaluehost.com

•••
i am also thinking to leave resellerzoom.. i fade up with them.. sites are too slow.. and when i ask.. there is always "backup script" running..

PolurNET where are you.. ru providing reseller hosting? plz pm me

•••
dotcommakers said:
PolurNET where are you.. ru providing reseller hosting? plz pm me

:hi: We're right here and ready to serve you, Ravi :) Check your PM for info :wave:

•••
You can not go wrong with them. PoulrNet are the best i have come across. Nice and fast response and very understanding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back