Domain Empire

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DU

Secret SantaTop Member
Impact
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
haha, Denver, finally going to win a game this week. Rivers - 4 INT.

Peyton-Manning-Fist-Pump-Buick-Commercial.gif

Last edited:
•••
I know, changed channels and said, DAMN!
And that interception to a TD sealed the game!

•••
LA Raiders did it twice

If gas was that cheap I would visit dawg for Miss Dawg's cooking

•••
Okay..I wanna "shoot the Sh!t" maybe get some suggestions.
I would like to "auction off one or two of my domains"..thing is not sure what time period to use....should it be a 24 hour, 48 hour or 72 since last bid?

Anyone have any suggestions? Any advantages to any of those time frames?

•••
I think mischef uses 48 hour bid periods on her auctions

•••
Okay..I wanna "shoot the Sh!t" maybe get some suggestions.
I would like to "auction off one or two of my domains"..thing is not sure what time period to use....should it be a 24 hour, 48 hour or 72 since last bid?

Anyone have any suggestions? Any advantages to any of those time frames?

At NP?

I'd just do a low BIN unless the difference matters. Unless the name is good only 1, maybe 2 people are interested.

If you make it 72 hrs you could get an auction like JimboJimbo had last summer - I think it lasted weeks.

I'd say 32 hrs. Everyone should see it.

If you want me to bump ask a relevant question after 16 hrs just let me know :)

This is why I don't auction any names and just let them drop. A fair few of them get backordered too.

•••
32 hours?
Why not 36 hours?

Auction with a BIN.

Gas was under a buck?
I and the wife would be on the road again.

Zombies on a plane. (about on par with the original sankes on a plane).
Just substitute zombies for the snakes, that is about 95% of this movie.
Such a rip off!
Flight of the Living Dead is the name of the movie.

Put up a list of DAMN domains on my blog yesterday.
And several people regged some off that list.

Two word .com domains all, first word damn.

•••
My early picks in bold, subject to change

Seattle at San Francisco (-7.5) - at home, after a loss, expect big win
Dallas at Carolina (+2.5)
Cleveland at Indianapolis (-3.5)
New Orleans at Tampa Bay (+3.5) - expect big win here
Washington at New York(NYG) (-6.5)
Baltimore at Houston (-6.5)
Green Bay at St. Louis (+5.5) - looks like an easy win
Arizona at Minnesota (-6.5)
Tennessee at Buffalo (-3.5)
New York(NYJ) at New England (-10.5) NE at home, coming after a loss, should win, will they cover spread? I think they will thump the Jets, so might change this one
Jacksonville at Oakland (-4.5)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (+2.5) might change this one
Detroit at Chicago (-5.5)

•••
Right after MNF
But if you tend to play the favorite thats probably a good move

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

looks like an easy win

lol

•••
I think mischef uses 48 hour bid periods on her auctions
Hoping she drop by soon or maybe send her a PM..

At NP?

I'd just do a low BIN unless the difference matters. Unless the name is good only 1, maybe 2 people are interested.

If you make it 72 hrs you could get an auction like JimboJimbo had last summer - I think it lasted weeks.

I'd say 32 hrs. Everyone should see it.

If you want me to bump ask a relevant question after 16 hrs just let me know :)

This is why I don't auction any names and just let them drop. A fair few of them get backordered too.
Thanks for the advice!

32 hours?
Why not 36 hours?

Auction with a BIN.
Thanks for the suggestions...Since I bought a few domains and from a buyer perspective found the 24 hours ones, you can lose out if you don't check your email regularly (I set up instant email)
The 72 plus hours one can be frustrating, especailly if a bid is put in at the last hour!
Then I have to re bid and wait again....

Last edited:
•••
Hoping she drop by soon or maybe send her a PM..

I agree, 24 is not enough - 48 is too long
although good for exposure
but you don't want it dragging either
if they are interested they will keep a watch

I like 32 or 37 - just an odd number - mind the timezones though :p

and good luck!

•••
32 hours because I work in 8 hr shifts. On North American Time everyone has the opportunity to see it if you post in the morning (twice for most in US which is biggest market) :)

•••
I can tell NBC doesnt understand Formula1 racing. (nbc the new usa f1 network starting next year) When I read that there showing four races on the big network next year I figured it was naturally the big races during the non football time. Of course Monaco, then British, Germany, and Canada

But then I read:

The Canadian Grand Prix and the final three races of the year will air on NBC, while the remaining events will be broadcast on NBC Sports Network.

What? You cant show Monaco when there no football but show abu dhabi grand prix while the peyton brother are playing?

NBC do you understand this is not nascar? There rarely a 'chase' in F1 Its usually watching McLaren win the championship a month early without passing anyone. If it wasnt for adrian newy it would be two straight decades of only Ferrari and McLaren.

The way to do F1 is show the jewel races during the summer and then send it to the lil network once football in full swing.

•••
F1, gran prix, all of those races are for that small minority that get all excited by weird cars going fast.
Just like nascar, but using courses that are not ovals.

Got some good rain earlier.

Wife and one of her sisters went down to the farm.
Am sure the brother is just tickled to have more yappy women around.

Makes it quiet around here.

Spent too much time last night hiding all those posts on facebook about how obama is the annointed one.
Warned them all, do this one more time and I will flood facebook with romney stuff.

Same on twitter.
Did not realize until the debate how many liberals and people of color I followed.
No longer.

•••
Just like nascar

The biggest difference between F1 and Nacar(besides it being impossible to pass in F1 lol) Is that you can actually build a some what faithful nascar car in your home garage. On the other hand you cant even begin to build a F1 car at home lol

yappy women the phrase of the day!

•••
Trust me, when my wife and the other women in her family get together, it is very yappy.

I have learned to go to another room, or the other side of the room, anywhere I can get away from the yappiness.

Oh, the wife is now back home.

•••
I can tell NBC doesnt understand Formula1 racing. (nbc the new usa f1 network starting next year) When I read that there showing four races on the big network next year I figured it was naturally the big races during the non football time. Of course Monaco, then British, Germany, and Canada

But then I read:

The Canadian Grand Prix and the final three races of the year will air on NBC, while the remaining events will be broadcast on NBC Sports Network.

What? You cant show Monaco when there no football but show abu dhabi grand prix while the peyton brother are playing?

NBC do you understand this is not nascar? There rarely a 'chase' in F1 Its usually watching McLaren win the championship a month early without passing anyone. If it wasnt for adrian newy it would be two straight decades of only Ferrari and McLaren.

The way to do F1 is show the jewel races during the summer and then send it to the lil network once football in full swing.

Perhaps, they know, most people rather watch rugby than F1 lol

•••
Ah, this would be in the USA.
Maybe one person in a thousand, or even ten thousand, would even know what rugby is.

NBC...trying to think when or what I watched on this network last.

•••
Melbourne IT really sucks. There were 2 names I won recently at Namejet, they're registered with Melbourne IT, and when you win a name at NJ, they set up an account for those domains. One went over fine, the other one is in my name but never got an email, it's not in my account. First guy I called didn't understand anything I was saying, then put me to customer service, 50 min, waiting on phone, to another person who didn't seem to understand English and it was like she was blowing in the phone or something, bad connection. Literally spelled the domain out 4 times, still didn't understand it. Don't respond to emails either.

Eh, nevermind, 3rd time is the charm I guess. Apparently you have to get a new account for each domain. So stupid.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone ever watch a Australian Rugby game...man that one rough sport!

•••
I actually watched a good part of a game.
Is it Russell Crowe that owns a team in Australia?
Pretty sure.
Anyways hilarious and all I could think of, if football here was like that, they would have to have a team in every city it would be so popular!

------
Funny....
Just as another forum and someone asked "what can I do to make my website better?"
Answer: Get that ugly piece of s**t off the internet now!

I am still laughing!!!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
F1 on board cam:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVXXWLr29M&feature=related"]F1 2012 - Spa Kimi Räikkönen overtake Michael Schumacher - YouTube[/ame]

You CAN overtake in F1... just don't crash at the monico hairpin because it will be immortalized in animated gif style

Last edited:
•••
'Spa Kimi Räikkönen overtake Michael Schumacher' just about everyone overtakes Schui now lol. Yes of course you can pass but its that one corner per track and it takes 10 laps to do it.

Its micheal that perfected the 'pass in the pits' that was the ultimate no pass racing.

They made the engines so bullet proof that you no longer have engine blowouts, plus there no more refueling. Which mean less mistakes to muddy up the reasults.

Also if your going to pass your team mate it better be clean

nice video du i am always game to see kimi take of el ruge (spelling) flat out

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back